Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2013, 08:32 PM   #1
CaryHaven
Mouseketeer

Drink options on the dining plan

I guess I'm difficult to please drink-wise. I don't drink coffee (or alcohol, not that it's on the DP). I don't drink diet drinks or soda, and I would rather not waste a drink credit on tap water. I don't like iced tea. I like milk/juice/chocolate milk but am I wrong you wouldn't get refills with these without paying extra? Other than a bottled water, I see some places like Liberty Tree have a punch, which I could drink. But it's offered in a souvenir mug or some come with those clip on lights. I'm assuming you can't get those with your drink option on the DP but if I could just get it in a regular cup, do you think they'd let that be my drink choice and also get refills on it? Or do you think I could get refills on chocolate milk? I usually drink a couple glasses of milk or lemonade with my meals. Thanks!

Last edited by CaryHaven; 08-29-2013 at 08:45 PM.
CaryHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:50 PM   #2
Dizneydaz
DIS Veteran

I don't think you can get the punch without the souvenir cup as it's a frozen beverage but I would think you can get the lemonade. As far as milk goes you usually don't get refills on milk at restaurants.

As far as juice goes, at some locations they have apple juice in the beverage dispensers. At the locations where you serve yourself you could get refills (like Electric Umbrella).

The good news is that at food courts you will have a nice selection of beverages from the cooler. Juices, Vitamin and Smart Water, etc.

HTH.
Dizneydaz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-29-2013, 11:45 PM   #3
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

At LLT, it depends on which "punch" you are ordering. The Minute Maid Light Lemonade "punch" can be ordered as a standard drink and it comes with refills. It won't be in the souvenir glass.

At any of the places that serve the Minute Maid lemonade, it qualifies for the DDP and will come with refills. Most of the specialty lemonades/drinks (like the aqua frescas at VN) do not qualify for the DDP. Some places might let you order a milk shake or smoothie for your drink, but that policy varies by restaurant.

Correct, the souvenir glasses/mugs and/or clip-on lights cannot be ordered as the DDP drink.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:42 PM   #4
DHSbutcher
Mouseketeer

Most QSR restaurants in the park serve powerade, lemonade, hot tea, orange juice, apple juice, milk, chocolate milk on the dining plan, which in the park, unless you are at a few select QSR restaurants, do not have refills on anything, so if you wouldn't be losing out on too much there, in the same boat as everyone. In terms of table service, it depends on the restaurant as some offer more or less variety. Before making reservations for table service restaurants, I would call the restaurants specifically and ask what the options are if it is that important to you. If not, as long as you are maximizing the most your your entree and dessert choices, you will probably be saving money, so I wouldn't feel bad ordering tap water if that is all they had.
DHSbutcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:10 PM   #5
souris
Mouseketeer

No refills on milk. Refills for lemonade are available at a few TS restaurants.

Disneyland Paris
1997, 2008
souris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:29 PM   #6
momof2gr8kids
DIS Veteran

Some of the TS restaurants will allow you to choose a smoothie or shake as your drink if it's on the menu.

I know at two of the buffets we were at, the server kept coming and filling up the milk glasses, which I was surprised about. Crystal Palace was one and I can't remember the other one. I just remembered because we hadn't even asked for refills, yet she kept coming and refilling without asking. Maybe they do that so you fill up on liquids and can't keep going back to the buffet for food! LOL

Dec 2010 Pop Century
Feb 2013 POR Riverside
momof2gr8kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 07:57 AM   #7
mom2of2
Let the good times strolllllll!
Don't we just get tickeled at the smallest things?

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2gr8kids
Some of the TS restaurants will allow you to choose a smoothie or shake as your drink if it's on the menu.

I know at two of the buffets we were at, the server kept coming and filling up the milk glasses, which I was surprised about. Crystal Palace was one and I can't remember the other one. I just remembered because we hadn't even asked for refills, yet she kept coming and refilling without asking. Maybe they do that so you fill up on liquids and can't keep going back to the buffet for food! LOL
At buffets milk and juice are refillable since it's all one price. At a la carte juice and milk are not. Tap water is free and doesn't use your drink allotment. OP, you could always just drink tap water during your
meal and ask for bottled water (if available) to go.
You can't call TS restaurants directly, you will get the call center

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: