Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2013, 08:31 AM   #1
Marthasor
DIS Veteran

CR - Which room category?

Hi! We are going to book CR for February and are torn between two room categories, Garden Wing - Deluxe or Tower, Bay Lake View.

The Garden Wing - Deluxe looks lovely! Very spacious and appears to be close to the pool. It's also $500 less than staying in the Tower.

I'm just nervous we will be "missing out" on something if we don't stay in the Tower?

I will be traveling alone with DS6 and am mostly looking for a quiet room with convenient access to the pool, transportation and dining amenities. For MK, we will most likely walk or take the boat. We will use the monorail to resort hop and go to EP.

The view is less important and if we like CR, we will go back!

Thanks for your thoughts!
Marthasor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:57 AM   #2
Babsy
DIS Veteran

The big question here, IMO, is "do the deluxe rooms have a balcony?". The regular rooms in the GW do not (except for patios on the ground floor).
So, if a balcony is important to you, you need to determine if this category has balconies. If it does, I would go GW all the way. Even without balconies, the GW is a great value for these beautiful rooms so near the MK. The only better value in this area is the WL, and that is not walking distance to MK.
If you don't care about the balcony, then I would go with the deluxe GW room. You say that view isn't important, but the view here is really nice from most rooms, and I believe that the deluxe rooms are at the end of the GW building and should have very nice views all the same.
The convenience of the GW is just as good as in the tower, IMO. It is a very short walk to the main building. Also, it has the laundry room on the second floor which is convenient.

The only other issue is: Does your DS want to be stay in the building that the monorail actually goes through. Some kids find that seriously cool.
Babsy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-30-2013, 02:16 PM   #3
Marthasor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babsy View Post
The big question here, IMO, is "do the deluxe rooms have a balcony?". The regular rooms in the GW do not (except for patios on the ground floor).
So, if a balcony is important to you, you need to determine if this category has balconies. If it does, I would go GW all the way. Even without balconies, the GW is a great value for these beautiful rooms so near the MK. The only better value in this area is the WL, and that is not walking distance to MK.
If you don't care about the balcony, then I would go with the deluxe GW room. You say that view isn't important, but the view here is really nice from most rooms, and I believe that the deluxe rooms are at the end of the GW building and should have very nice views all the same.
The convenience of the GW is just as good as in the tower, IMO. It is a very short walk to the main building. Also, it has the laundry room on the second floor which is convenient.

The only other issue is: Does your DS want to be stay in the building that the monorail actually goes through. Some kids find that seriously cool.
Thank you for your response! I looked at some pictures and I don't think they have balconies, which is fine. I may request a patio, but I'm fine without that as well. My DS won't even know you can stay in the building with the monorail (I won't tell him!), so it will be ok!

I'm going to book the Deluxe! The room looks so spacious and I don't mind being away from the hustle and bustle of the Tower. I'm so excited! Thank you for your thoughts!
Old 10-30-2013, 02:40 PM   #4
pooh2001
been there, done that, TRYING to go back

Go for the garden wing and they may bump you to the tower.
That happened to us when we went to the CR for our 18th anniversary.
However...
Our tower room was just above Chef Mickey's and we heard the Chef Mickey song from our bathroom in the morning and in the evening.
Our view looking straight out was of MK and the monorail - but if you looked down, we saw the CR round-about entrance and the conference center roof.
But....
we were in the tower and so convenient to the mono-rail - and a walk to the pool in a cold lobby.

ENJOY!
Old 10-30-2013, 03:52 PM   #5
Marthasor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh2001 View Post
Go for the garden wing and they may bump you to the tower.
That happened to us when we went to the CR for our 18th anniversary.
However...
Our tower room was just above Chef Mickey's and we heard the Chef Mickey song from our bathroom in the morning and in the evening.
Our view looking straight out was of MK and the monorail - but if you looked down, we saw the CR round-about entrance and the conference center roof.
But....
we were in the tower and so convenient to the mono-rail - and a walk to the pool in a cold lobby.

ENJOY!
Oh no! I hope we don't get "upgraded"! I don't think I can listen to that song over and over again! I'm pretty sold on the deluxe room. Really looking forward to it!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: