Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2013, 02:34 PM   #1
lowlight79
Earning My Ears

All Star Music?

So I since I am coming down in October on a budget for a weekend to do the not so scary party with my fiancee. I have scratched out staying at CSR. I was leaning towards POP as I can't do a suite at AOA. I have been looking a the reviews and pictures for all star music. And the inside and pools look really cool. This will be my first time at a disney value resort of any kind. Anyone here that can give me more infor on ASM is greatly apperciated.

Thanks!
lowlight79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:38 PM   #2
Letsbgoofy
Can live with dry heat
My Mickey waffle maker is a cheap park fix for me!
I like the scallops the best.

There is a facts thread about the resort that has tons of information.

We have stayed at ASMU several times and really like it. 2nd to Pop, but only because Pop doesn't share busses.
Register to remove

Old 08-28-2013, 02:41 PM   #3
babyrich
"I was hiding under your porch because I love you"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowlight79 View Post
So I since I am coming down in October on a budget for a weekend to do the not so scary party with my fiancee. I have scratched out staying at CSR. I was leaning towards POP as I can't do a suite at AOA. I have been looking a the reviews and pictures for all star music. And the inside and pools look really cool. This will be my first time at a disney value resort of any kind. Anyone here that can give me more infor on ASM is greatly apperciated.

Thanks!
Agree with the other poster

We did like ASMU but like Pop better because of the bus situation.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:27 PM   #4
tarabl
Mouseketeer

Just back...ASMU

Just got back last week from Allstar Music for a week. This is our third time at this resort. I've stayed at Sports, Music and Movies. I have found that Music is the most quiet of the three resorts. I found no problems with buses, there were plenty and very timely. Food court was alittle crowded but emptied out quickly. The family suites were wonderful, as we were travelling with three adult children. For the amount of time you really are in the room and at the resort it is a good deal and managed well.
tarabl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 04:32 PM   #5
JennyDrake
Darkwing Duck's Biggest Fan

AS Music is my favorite value! I've been there twice this year! Great resort and as others have said, tends to be more quiet than the other values.

I think the bus sharing at All Stars is WAY overstated. I stay at the AS at least 2-3 times per year and I would guess that we share buses 25% of the time or less. Even when we do, I see no difference in that and a moderate with multiple stops within the resort.

Two weeks ago for 6 days we only shared buses ONE time and that was to TL, which I would expect.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:25 PM   #6
Babsy
DIS Veteran

LOVE ASMu, but it is the most spread out of the value resorts. If a little bit of a hike to your room doesn't bother you, than a standard is OK, but if you want to be close to the food court and buses than book a preferred room.

It is my fav of the All Star resorts for theming - the Jazz section is my personal favourite - pretty and romantic.
Babsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:37 PM   #7
MADnNOLA
DIS Veteran

I have stayed at ASMu twice and loved it. Both times I was in the Broadway section. It was quiet and not far from the main building or buses.

As previous posters have said, the bus sharing issue is way overstated, and not an issue. I have only had the occasion to share buses twice during my stays. That was in the middle of the day when the buses were not full. I did not find that sharing those buses were any different than a bus making several stops in the mod resorts.

I have stayed at Pop, and enjoyed it, but also found the food court very busy. Posters make note that it does not share buses. But, when I was there, the buses were extremely full, and many times I had to wait for a 2nd bus because of this.
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails." - Samuel L. Clemens

MADnNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:29 AM   #8
POOHsie
DIS Veteran

We did a split stay with All Star Movies and Pop. For all the All Star Resorts, bus service, rooms, pools and decorations were equal to Pop. The All Stars have small gift shops. Food courts not as good as Pop. There's no lake giving the resorts ambiance. No espresso machines anywhere.

Pop has a large gift shop, great food court selections. Wood fired oven entrees. Espresso. There's a large, attractive lake with a pathway and benches. There's a bridge across the lake to AoA, where you can have food court selections found nowhere else on Disney property. I had my best meals at AoA. Equally big gift shop there. Espresso. (Sorry, but I like my lattes on vacation.) By staying at Pop, you could bus to the parks and back from Pop or AoA, before/after enjoying either food court. Lots of choices and lots of ambiance in the Pop-AoA resorts area. Pop is definitely the better choice.
POOHsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:29 PM   #9
lowlight79
Earning My Ears

Thanks folks. I may pick ASM over POP due to people saying it's more quiet there. Now all I need to do is figure out which ASM hotel is closest to the guitar pool
Old 08-29-2013, 01:47 PM   #10
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

We prefer ASMu over Pop - it just feels more Disney and we really like the resort!
MrsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:24 PM   #11
Ames389
Earning My Ears

The rooms closest to the guitar pool are in the Calypso buildings which are also preferred. We always ask to be placed on backside of building for added peace and quiet. Also, I am glad to read so many others opinions of the busses not sharing stops with other All Stars...it is the truth! I have been many times and we didn't share. Rarely, we would drop some folks off at Sports on the way back to Music...no biggie.
Old 09-03-2013, 03:25 PM   #12
lowlight79
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ames389 View Post
The rooms closest to the guitar pool are in the Calypso buildings which are also preferred. We always ask to be placed on backside of building for added peace and quiet. Also, I am glad to read so many others opinions of the busses not sharing stops with other All Stars...it is the truth! I have been many times and we didn't share. Rarely, we would drop some folks off at Sports on the way back to Music...no biggie.
Are there any preferred rooms in the Jazz Section? I am leaning towards requesting a room there.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:45 PM   #13
BebopBaloo
DIS Veteran

Music is a great resort. There may be a few Jazz rooms that are preferred, but the majority are Calypso. If you're looking for quiet - preferred may not be the best as Calypso is right next to the main pool. We've found Broadway to be a good middle of the resort location. Far enough away from the pool to be quiet, but not a far walk to the buses and main building.
"Don't spend all your time looking around for something you want that can't be found. When you find out you can live without it and go along not thinking about it, I'll tell you something true. The bear necessities of life will come to you."

Psalm 27:1
BebopBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 01:25 PM   #14
AmandaJayne
Mouseketeer

Location: Newfane, Ny (30 minutes from Buffalo or Niagara Falls)

We are staying in a standard room at AsMu first week of December. Never been there. I love the idea of staying in the country fair due to my Dtr Loves the country western theme. Is it quite a hike to get there? Two kids ages 9-6
AmandaJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 04:15 PM   #15
whatisgoofy?
Mouseketeer

We stayed in Country Fair at ASMu a few weeks ago with our 9 and 7 year-olds, and loved it. Unless you have a condition that makes walking difficult, it's really not that far. You're actually very close to the Piano Pool (which we liked a bit better), which has its own laundry room. Depending on how fast you walk, we found it to be about 5 to 10 min from Country Fair to Melody Hall (the main building), where the Food Court, Arcade, Check-In, Gift Shop, and buses are. It's certainly quieter than the Calypso area, as that's where they hold poolside activities, music, and the evening movie...so if you're not up for those offerings, you get a nice retreat (and if you're interested, then it's a pretty short walk ). The whole resort is nice and a lot of fun. Have a great time!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: