Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2013, 12:12 PM   #16
melissafox18
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clanmcculloch View Post
I think that what most people who like the drinks that are available with the mugs is to use the mug at the resort and with meals at the resort they grab something either to carry in the park (ex. bottled water, sports drink) or something to have in the room for breakfast the next morning (ex. juice). You can not substitute the drink for a non-drink. If I'm staying at a resort that has this option I'll sometimes get an espresso to go with my breakfast and my DH will get a capuccino or latte. We still have more coffee but it's a nice treat with breakfast. Our kids will get juice with breakfast.
This is what we did as well! Breakfast, it was nice to have juice, but we typically grabbed a bottle of water to go and brough it to the park with us. We went in April and it wasn't that hot, but it was still a nice refresher!
Old 08-29-2013, 01:12 PM   #17
Dizneydaz
DIS Veteran

When eating at the resorts we typically will get a bottle of juice for breakfast in our room. Only reason we don't get bottled water is we pick up bottled water on our way to WDW as well as cereal, fruit, bagels,etc. for breakfast in the room, as well as a few snacks type items. (cheese, crackers, etc.)
Dizneydaz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-29-2013, 02:52 PM   #18
Zippa D Doodah
Suffering from Fairy Alienation. Is there a program for that?
I'm such a shameless taghound!
I am an unabashed Q-tipper !

DW and DD do this all the time. DS and I need our Diet Cokes.
Zippa D Doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:40 PM   #19
wcbeard
Earning My Ears

I usually get bottled water for my drink and ask for a free cup of ice water too when I order my CS meal. I drink the cup while I'm there, and take the bottle with me to drink while I'm walking around the parks.
wcbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:14 PM   #20
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

You can always order bottled Dasani water as your beverage at CS.

At TS it might be different. You can get Dasani water, but probably not spring or sparkling water.

One of the bigger discussions here is if you can get a bottle of Dasani in place of your DESSERT. You can always order it as a beverage but maybe not as dessert.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:08 PM   #21
DHSbutcher
Mouseketeer

With your DDP at any QS you are elligible to get just about any non alcoholic/non souvenir cup beverage including bottles of water, orange juice, apple juice, coffee, tea, powerade, iced tea, milk, chocolate milk, soda, lemonade, whatever they offer. For any questions just ask the cashier helping you out and they will be able to explain to you all the choices their restaurant.
And now at WDW substituting a bottle of water for a dessert is becoming common practice at almost all QSR locations. Some locations will let the cashier ring them up this way, others will not. But always talk to the people at the counter as well if you don't agree with the cashier or want to try to substitute something crazy. The guest is always right!(ha ha)
Enjoy!
DHSbutcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:27 PM   #22
DHSbutcher
Mouseketeer

With your DDP at any QS you are elligible to get just about any non alcoholic/non souvenir cup beverage including bottles of water, orange juice, apple juice, coffee, tea, powerade, iced tea, milk, chocolate milk, soda, lemonade, whatever they offer. For any questions just ask the cashier helping you out and they will be able to explain to you all the choices their restaurant.
And now at WDW substituting a bottle of water for a dessert is becoming common practice at almost all QSR locations. Some locations will let the cashier ring them up this way, others will not. But always talk to the people at the counter as well if you don't agree with the cashier or want to try to substitute something crazy. The guest is always right!(ha ha)
Enjoy!
DHSbutcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:47 PM   #23
Shagley
If you don't move when I say "beep beep", I will run you down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcbeard View Post
I usually get bottled water for my drink and ask for a free cup of ice water too when I order my CS meal. I drink the cup while I'm there, and take the bottle with me to drink while I'm walking around the parks.
I was going to post this same thing!!

Shagley is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: