Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2013, 10:48 PM   #1
WeLoveLilo05
DIS Veteran

Tell me about Oct/Nov. in WDW?

Soooo, just got back from lovely stay at the BC and what do ya know I am already looking into Oct/Nov 2014...(gasp!)

We did Nov (Jersey Week) when I was 16 and couldn't remember what crowds were like b/c heck, I was young and just happy to be @ WDW and not in school!

So what are the crowds like around Jersey week and the week after?

What are crowds like the week of Halloween?

What are park hours like in Oct/November? EMH?

Whats the weather like? Do you tend to get much rain in those months?

Do you swim much? (I remember we only swam 1 day when we went in Nov b/c it wasn't warm enough for us).

Anything else you would like to share would be appreciated.
Thanks everyone!!!

"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm Possible." ~ Audrey Hepburn

WeLoveLilo05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:22 AM   #2
HollyJoy
DIS Veteran

I'm interested in knowing this too.. we usually go the first week of December, but due to having two kids in high school now, we are opting to go the week before, over Thanksgiving Week! *sigh* Will be a huge change, as I'm sure it will be very crowded. But we will still have fun!

Visit my blog
HollyJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-28-2013, 07:59 AM   #3
jsebsirois
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeLoveLilo05 View Post

1. So what are the crowds like around Jersey week and the week after?

2. What are crowds like the week of Halloween?

3. What are park hours like in Oct/November? EMH?

4. Whats the weather like? Do you tend to get much rain in those months?

5. Do you swim much? (I remember we only swam 1 day when we went in Nov b/c it wasn't warm enough for us)
Hey there!

October/November is our favorite time of the year to visit. Few of my tips and answer :

1) Being canadian, I have no clue when is Jersey Week so can't help with that one, sorry!

2) Crowds for the last week of October and first of November are moderate to low. Hard ticket events at MK might get sold out though so maybe be prepared for that but usually, very easy to do a lot in the parks.

3) Park Hours are usually about this :
MK : 9-9 (earlier when there's a party)
EP : 9-9
HS : 9-8
AK : 9-5

4) Not a lot of rain, bit cold in the morning and at night so make sure you pack a jacket or a vest! Can get very hot during the day

5) We swim every day! Make sure you take a pool break during the day to enjoy it!

Overall, it's a great time to visit Disney World. You'll see both Haloween and Christmas decorations (some of it as least), you'll get to do the Food and Wine Festival and an option to do MNSSHP or MVMCP!

WDW : October/November 2013 (MNSSHP and MVMCP) March 2013, October 2011 (MNSSHP), November 2010 (MVMCP), October 2008, October 2006 (MNSSHP) and July 2005 DLR : October 2012 (MHP), July 2010 and September 2009
jsebsirois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:18 AM   #4
photofreak
Camping & Disney!! The 2 best things together in one!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsebsirois View Post

Hey there!

October/November is our favorite time of the year to visit. Few of my tips and answer :

1) Being canadian, I have no clue when is Jersey Week so can't help with that one, sorry!

2) Crowds for the last week of October and first of November are moderate to low. Hard ticket events at MK might get sold out though so maybe be prepared for that but usually, very easy to do a lot in the parks.

3) Park Hours are usually about this :
MK : 9-9 (earlier when there's a party)
EP : 9-9
HS : 9-8
AK : 9-5

4) Not a lot of rain, bit cold in the morning and at night so make sure you pack a jacket or a vest! Can get very hot during the day

5) We swim every day! Make sure you take a pool break during the day to enjoy it!

Overall, it's a great time to visit Disney World. You'll see both Haloween and Christmas decorations (some of it as least), you'll get to do the Food and Wine Festival and an option to do MNSSHP or MVMCP!
I'm with jsebsirois... Fellow Canadian and we love Oct-Nov weather, warm but cool nights although you can get variations.
We stay at Fort Wilderness and the decorations the campers have for Halloween and Christmas are amazing.
Crowds are busy around Halloween but we just do resort stuff then. We sometimes hit jersey week or the uk has a break sometime then too, but its not too bad.
Oh and the F&W make it a blast for us!
Jan/Feb 2010 Fort Wilderness Big Bear Path 1400 loop
Oct/Nov 2011 Fort Wilderness Palmetto Path 200 loop (took our besties for their 1st trip )
Oct/Nov 2012 Fort Wilderness Buffalo Bend 500 loop

Looking forward to 2013 Halloween at the Fort!!!
photofreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:35 AM   #5
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!

I've been once during Jersey week, and I won't go back. It was too crowded for me. Not crowded, probably, on an overall scale, but still too crowded for me.

We usually go late October, but I've never been there the actual week leading up to Halloween, until this year. We'll be there for three nights starting on the 26th this year. I'm hoping it's not that bad. Usually when we're there in late October, it's very nice crowd-wise.

They're slowly dwindling EMH down to basically nothing. Disappointed about the rumors that they do away with them altogether with FP+. Park hours are what I consider normal. Usually 8 am to 9 or 10 pm. Sometimes, they'll extend it for everyone depending on the crowds.

Not usually. It starts to get cool down here in October. The later the better. You should still be able to swim though. At least I plan on swimming. LOL Weather is usually cooling off during the day, (and by cooling off I mean still humid and in the 80s probably) and gets even cooler at night. If there's a cold front (possible not probably) then you wouldn't be able to swim probably and it will be cool.

Great time of year. Parks are decorated for Halloween and it's really fun. Oh, and don't forget Food and Wine at Epcot!!!

AmyB2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:40 AM   #6
herb102211
DIS Veteran

We were at WDW for Jersey Week last year and the crowds really weren’t that bad during the week. It happened to be the last weekend of the Food & Wine Festival so the crowds did get heavier over the weekend and MVMCP was sold out that Friday (it was also the first night of the party though, but it definitely wasn’t the busiest we’ve ever seen. We’ve been the week after as well and found the crowds similar during the week. One tip is to not go to Epcot on the weekends during the Food & Wine Festival. If you can get there during the week, it’s a lot less crowded.

We’ve only been the week before Halloween and the crowds were pretty low. Even MNSSHP wasn’t that busy and we had gone on a Friday night. I have heard the party does sell out on Halloween though.

MK closes at 7pm several nights throughout October for MNSSHP and in November for MVMCP (I highly recommend go to both events though!) HS usually closes around 8pm, AK 5pm and Epcot at 9pm, unless there are night time EMH.

We’ve been in October and November several times and I only remember one day where it actually rained for a majority of the day. Once in a while we’d have a brief shower in the afternoon but it was mostly sunny, in the low 80s during the day, with low humidity as well during October. November can be a little chiller (70s during the day, 50s/60s at night). Last year it was only in the 40s one night so I would bring a sweatshirt/pants with you if you were traveling then.

Do you swim much? (I remember we only swam 1 day when we went in Nov b/c it wasn't warm enough for us).
We’ve never swam on our November trips, although SAB was quite busy (just didn’t feel like it was warm enough for us!). We have been to Typhoon Lagoon in October as well as the pools at the resort since the weather was warmer.

Anything else you would like to share would be appreciated.
October and November are both great times of year to go. The crowds are lower than other times of year, the weather’s great and there are a bunch of special events going on. It’s definitely our favorite time of the year at WDW

*Food, Wine & Christmas Time..A November 2012 TR*
Wining & Dining Around the World~ An October '13 TR
5/08- Offsite, 5/09- Pop Century, 11/09 (engagement!)- Pop Century, 3/10- Pop Century/Disney Wonder 4 Nt Bahamas, 9/10- Pop Century, 3/11- Beach Club/ Disney Dream 3 Nt Bahamas, 5/11- Beach Club, 10/11- (Disneymoon) Beach Club, 12/11-Beach Club 3/12- BCV/BLT , 5/12- BCV/OKW/BLT, 9/12-BWV/BCV/BLT/AoA, 11/12- BCV 2/13- BCV/OKW, 4/13-BWV, 9/13- BWV, 10/13- Yacht Club , 2/14- BWV, 4/14- BWV/WL, 7/14- Yacht Club-CL, 10/14- Yacht Club , 11/14- The Grand/AoA
Me (28) DH (29)
herb102211 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: