Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2013, 09:05 PM   #1
CalSea12
Desperately needs a dose of the magic!

Baby swap

Can my family use baby swap for three adults and a baby? So me and dh go through the line, then me and DM use the baby swap pass?

Also any tips on getting a two year old to stand up tall and get measured? My little one loves rides, but she doesn't like standing still...

Several Trips as a child to DL and DW, 2008-All Star Movies ,2010-Honeymoon Caribbean Beach, November 2013 ASMu
CalSea12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:10 PM   #2
Upon a Star
Mouseketeer

Yes you can use rider swap.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2013, 09:37 PM   #3
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

I really don't get the baby swap thing. I thought it was so that the person who is stuck waiting with the baby didn't have to re-wait in the line that the other members of the party just waited in? Sometimes I see the most convoluted plans for baby swap plus fast pass and other things and I'm left scratching my head wondering what is going on. (not referring to you OP, just in general). Some of the plans seem to violate the spirit of baby swap, am I missing something?
Old 08-27-2013, 09:46 PM   #4
Overexcited
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheilby View Post
I really don't get the baby swap thing. I thought it was so that the person who is stuck waiting with the baby didn't have to re-wait in the line that the other members of the party just waited in? Sometimes I see the most convoluted plans for baby swap plus fast pass and other things and I'm left scratching my head wondering what is going on. (not referring to you OP, just in general). Some of the plans seem to violate the spirit of baby swap, am I missing something?
Some may. When we went a few years ago my little guy was 16 months. One parent went with my older son and then we swapped and the older son would go again with the other parent. Not sure if that is what you mean. It was just nice bit having to ride alone by taking the older one. Hope that wasn't wrong?
2010 POP
2013 CBR
2015 CBR
Overexcited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:00 PM   #5
larie21
Mouseketeer

I agree it shouldn't be abused but I don't think it's wrong for both parents to get to experience the rides with their older children. I don't think that's taking advantage of the system.
larie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:25 PM   #6
MacClemsons
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheilby View Post
I have 3 older kids and a toddler who is too short to ride. Yes, we use baby swap and FPs. We make sure the first parent rides early in the return time so the second parent can use FP and baby swap to ride with 3 big kids again. (Baby swap is only good for 3 people.) Without using our FP we would have to decide which child doesn't get to ride twice or let the kids only ride once each.

Upcoming AoA May 14 SWW
Jan 14 Coronado 1/2 Marathon
Dec 13 ASMu, Oct 13 CBR ToT 10 miler, Sept 13 MNSSHP AoA Nemo Suite, May 13 Cabins, Apr 13 ASSports, Feb 13 POP, Jan 13 SOG
Sep 12 MNSSHP ASMovies, June 12 - SWW off property, Mar 12 SOG
Dec 11 POR, Sep 11 ASMovies
Dec 09 MVMCP ASMovies, Sep 08 SOG, July 03 Hilton DTD
MacClemsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:44 PM   #7
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overexcited View Post
Some may. When we went a few years ago my little guy was 16 months. One parent went with my older son and then we swapped and the older son would go again with the other parent. Not sure if that is what you mean. It was just nice bit having to ride alone by taking the older one. Hope that wasn't wrong?
No, that doesn't sound wrong to me, you both want to get a chance to experience riding with your son and you both would have been able to if the baby wasn't there. I just read some posts that confuse me so much. Maybe I'm just not getting it.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:48 PM   #8
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacClemsons View Post
I have 3 older kids and a toddler who is too short to ride. Yes, we use baby swap and FPs. We make sure the first parent rides early in the return time so the second parent can use FP and baby swap to ride with 3 big kids again. (Baby swap is only good for 3 people.) Without using our FP we would have to decide which child doesn't get to ride twice or let the kids only ride once each.
I'm obviously missing something that everyone else is getting - wouldn't be the first time Maybe I just misunderstood some other people's posts in the past.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:35 AM   #9
glammadiva
DIS Veteran

We used baby swap at Star Tours. I took my 2 older grandkids while my daughter and infant grandson waited. We came out, the CM sent my daughter and my 2 older grandkids though the FP line while I waited with the infant. Very cool and the CM was very sweet about showing us how the system works.
glammadiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:27 AM   #10
CalSea12

I get that you can go with kids but it will be me, my husband, my mom, and my baby. I was wondering if we could use baby swap since we are all adults, because I don't want anyone riding alone.

Several Trips as a child to DL and DW, 2008-All Star Movies ,2010-Honeymoon Caribbean Beach, November 2013 ASMu
Old 08-28-2013, 07:52 AM   #11
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalSea12 View Post
I get that you can go with kids but it will be me, my husband, my mom, and my baby. I was wondering if we could use baby swap since we are all adults, because I don't want anyone riding alone.
We have the same situation I would love to know too

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-BLT LV (DS 1st MVMCP)
Wanna be Ariel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:04 AM   #12
ghtx
"In this times that all strategies seem to be death and you pay to eat fart and make a line in the parks of DW and just a few rides..."

Quote:
I don't understand. Your baby is an adult?

If you have a baby with you (or anyone who doesn't meet the height requirement), you can use rider swap. If you are all adults (or all meet the height requirement), then you can't use it.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:04 AM   #13
gigi1313
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, you most certainly can! Baby swap is not restricted to kids re-riding or riding w/mom then dad... Baby swap is intended to keep a family from having to wait twice for the same ride because they have one not eligible to ride the ride...

When we were a party of seven (1 baby, 3 kids, 3 adults) we would often let the three kids ride first and get the baby swap... once they were done, we left the baby w/the kids (btw, my kids are 16 and 18) and the three adults rode the ride... it was a fun way to get adult time (relaxing while the kids rode) and get to do everything too!
PC & GF CL Jan '11POR Nov '11 DCL Fantasy May '12 BWalk&ASM Jan '13 PC Sept '13
DCL Magic B2B Jan '14DCL Magic May '14 DCL Dream August '14
gigi1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:28 PM   #14
CalSea12

Gigi, thank you so much for getting what I was asking. I jut wanted to make sure I could ride with both my hubby and my mom, while one of them stayed with our baby. Your awesome!

Old 08-28-2013, 09:35 PM   #15
estherhead
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry if some are offended by baby swap, but it is truly awesome. When you are the mom and you have to sit out with the baby while dad and the big kids run off and enjoy all the rides it is DEPRESSING. So to have a chance to have both parents get to ride with the kids is wonderful. It made me feel part of my own vacation.

So yes, we let our kids ride twice. They enjoy it and don't have to wait outside while the left out parent rides again, and both my husband and I get the joy of riding with our kids.

When my sister and I both had babies at Disney we also would sometimes have the couples ride together. So one couple would sit out with both family's babies while the other rode with the bigger kids, and then the next couple got to go together. This was also wonderful. It was like a mini 15 minute date. Baby swap is definitely for adults too.
estherhead is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: