Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2013, 07:36 AM   #1471
gorkt
Mouseketeer

Woo-hoo! Finally able to make FP+ reservations and customize bands! This will make several of my family members very happy because we can eliminate some of our rope drop days and sleep in or get some pool time in the mornings!

I can't do any Fireworks either except for Fantasmic. I'll keep an eye out since I'd like to book Illuminations one night. I already have the Wishes Dessert party set up.
DS Orion 9

Many trips as a child and young adult
Dec 2006 - First Family Trip - BWV / All Star Music Suites
Nov 2009 - 10 day Wilderness extravaganza - 5 nights Cabins/5 Nights WLV
Nov 2013 - AoA Finding Nemo - Nov 2-11th

Hopefully returning in 2015-2016!
gorkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:45 AM   #1472
Woodmnky
DIS Veteran

We are arriving Nov 29th at ASMO and can't get FP+ or MB. The system acts like it will let me, but it does not go past the screen where you choose who the FP+ is for. Hopefully, this is just because we are 65 days out and will clear up soon.
Woodmnky is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2013, 07:47 AM   #1473
Mayhem1976
Mouseketeer

For things like Illuminations, what exactly are you booking? A certain spot?

CSR 2002, CBR 2009, BC 2012, AKL 2013
Mayhem1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:54 AM   #1474
Cinderina
Earning My Ears

To my surprise yesterday, I was able to customize our Magic Bands and make Fastpass+ selections. We check into Port Orleans Riverside on November 21st. We paid everything off on Monday through AAA since that's who we booked through. My hunch is that regardless of release dates, since we're paid up, we progressed to the next step. Just a thought for those that are anxiously waiting like I have been.
Cinderina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:02 AM   #1475
emsmommy323
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderina View Post
To my surprise yesterday, I was able to customize our Magic Bands and make Fastpass+ selections. We check into Port Orleans Riverside on November 21st. We paid everything off on Monday through AAA since that's who we booked through. My hunch is that regardless of release dates, since we're paid up, we progressed to the next step. Just a thought for those that are anxiously waiting like I have been.
We haven't paid our trip off yet (will be later this week) but we were able to book FP+ and get MB. We will be arriving Nov 16th.
emsmommy323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:05 AM   #1476
JJ&JHsmom
DIS Veteran

I was able to customize our magic bands and add fastpass+ selections for some of our days, then had to call IT to add the rest as the system would not allow me to add any fastpass+ selections for November 26-30. IT was super helpful and added my selections and then I was able to go back and adjust the times.
Old 09-25-2013, 08:08 AM   #1477
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArielRae View Post
Was anyone able to get the mickey and Minnie meet & greet at adventure outpost animal kingdom? Trying to get it for nov 4th but it says it is closed for refurb. I don't see it listed anywhere that it is supposed to go down for refub.
it was blocked out for me too! maybe it will get added later on, some rides are missing on other days too, thankfully we can keep tweaking our lists if plans change!

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:16 AM   #1478
crocko
DVC Member

Thanks to following this thread, discovered FP+ came available last night. Got a few days of Fastpasses booked, but had to go to bed.

This morning, I tried the Modify Check-In trick and finally got the Personalize Magic Bands to appear. Woohoo!!
Our trip is a split-stay: 5 of us for 3 nights in BLT, then 7 of us for 8 nights in WL. Looks like my group of 5 will be sent 2 magic bands...anyone with magic band experience -- can you confirm if they actually send multiple bands?

Also, for those stressed out about booking FP+. I understand, it is definitely weird and it is tough to try and figure out which ones you should choose and where you think you'll be in the park at a certain period of time. I miss the old days.
BUT, let's remember this. Like it or not, those old days went away about a year ago. Since we now live in a world where you have to come back to the ride for your allotted hour, I am VERY HAPPY to now be able to try and pick my hour. We have days where we will leave the park in the middle of the day and then come back. Very cool, that I can get a Toy Story Midway Mania fastpass for the morning and then a Tower of Terror for the evening, which fits in perfectly with our actual schedule.

Good luck to all of those still waiting on FP+ and Magic Bands to work for you.
Saratoga Springs (2008, 2011)
Animal Kingdom Lodge (2009)
Old Key West (2009)
Beach Club (2010, 2011)
Wilderness Lodge (2011)
crocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:18 AM   #1479
crocko
DVC Member

Question: The site states, [Your MagicBands will serve as your Disney's Magical Express "tickets"]

Is there a good way to confirm that your Magical Express info is correct?
Saratoga Springs (2008, 2011)
Animal Kingdom Lodge (2009)
Old Key West (2009)
Beach Club (2010, 2011)
Wilderness Lodge (2011)
crocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:21 AM   #1480
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymomtotwins View Post
UGH! I clicked on personalize magicbands, screen popped up to confirm address and but then it says order complete? WHAT? I never got to pick colors or anything. WHAT DO I DO NOW? WHO DO I CALL TO GET THIS FIXED?
Go through the following steps...modify your on line check in, you will probably get an error message at some point, either way...log out of your account and then back in. You should be able to personalize bands. If you can't repeat the process a few times. If that doesn't work call IT at (407) 939-7765 (press #2).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswald78 View Post
So personalize magic bands came up for me. No checkin and no need to modify anything. Since we got a split stay at AoA and AKL I guess we get two sets of Magic Bands? If both end up shipping can I use either one or do we have to switch out when changing resorts? I wish we could book some FP+ but it's just not meant to be this trip.
You should be able to use either band for your whole trip. I say should because there are still glitches in this very new system. Definitely bring both bands with you, just in case. I have several bands as well. I just choose a new color each time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wn01aa View Post
I am curious if this is now a full rolling out and working with the 60 day window or if it is just testing for November. Are people checking in at the end of November (more then 60 days out) able to do FP+? I guess we will know more when we get to 60 days from December 1st, which would be October 2nd.
Since day guests/off-site guests are not yet included it is not a full roll out. They are starting tests for those people with CMs now. That was the first step for the resort guest process as well.

The people checking in at the end of November have reported being able to customize bands but they cannot make FP+ selections until they are within their 60 day window.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymomtotwins View Post
I just called Disney tech support but they could not assist me, told me to call back beginning of October. I then did online checkin and experienced another issue, so I called back and spoke with CM(Mark?), he was wonderful! He was able to get my magicbands customized and it now appears on the website! It will ship to resort for us at check in. I am able to make changes online up until Oct 12. Best to give it a try and see if it will work for you and then if you have issues, call. Hope all goes well.
Yup, rule #1...if you get a CM that seems clueless or whose information seems wrong say thank you, hang up and call back.
MouseMomx2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:22 AM   #1481
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocko View Post
Question: The site states, [Your MagicBands will serve as your Disney's Magical Express "tickets"]

Is there a good way to confirm that your Magical Express info is correct?
You would need to call Disney. You should still get a packet in the mail as well since you will need luggage tags, you just won't need to show the ticket at the ME desk. You will scan your band instead.
MouseMomx2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:26 AM   #1482
mchelle77
DIS Veteran

How are those checking in on 11/30 getting the ability to customize MBs already? I'm reading about modifying check-in, but you can't check-in onilne until you're 60 days out, so are they modifying it as in changing their check-in date? So confusing

I'm at CBR, has anyone else there been able to go any further (customize, FP+, etc)?

First trip - 03/97 (1 week)
Second trip - 02/00 (1 week)
Third trip (Honeymoon!) - 06/03 (2 weeks)
Fourth trip - 11/01/09 (10 days, DD's 1st trip there)
Next Trip - 11/30/13 (1 week - Surprise for our daughter!)
DISNEY CRUISE just booked April 2015!
mchelle77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:27 AM   #1483
str86diesel
Earning My Ears

So I have an odd Fastpass+ question.

I am scheduled to be onsite with the following reservations:
November 8-11 - room only
November 11-17 package with 2 day ticket

so the reason for a 2 day ticket is because that is the minimum quantity of ticket that you can get to qualify for a free dining package, plus I will not use it, instead i will turn it in as a credit for an annual pass (been a pass holder for many years).

I just logged into my account to see if I can access the fastpass+ and I can, however after I did 2 reservations, it tells me that I have reached my limit due to quantity of my ticket. Do they not link annual passes to this service?
str86diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:29 AM   #1484
sweetnjmom
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone!

Yesterday, after reading all the posts here, I was able to select my Fast Pass+ choices. I probably will revise some of them, but am THRILLED that Fantasmic was an option on my first day. Less waits with a 4-year-old is good. Hopefully he won't be too scared by it.

Though I initially couldn't see Magic Bands as an option. But I hadn't done the online check-in. After I did that this morning, the Customize Magic Bands popped up immediately. So I think I am all set.

Yay.

Past trips off property: 4/80, 1/81, 6/94 and 5/09
Past trips on property: 8/90 GF, 10/96 CBR, 11/01 ASM, 5/02 POR, 5/06 CSR
sweetnjmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:34 AM   #1485
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseMomx2 View Post
You would need to call Disney. You should still get a packet in the mail as well since you will need luggage tags, you just won't need to show the ticket at the ME desk. You will scan your band instead.
Just want to add that as of a couple of weeks ago, you still need the booklet for the RETURN trip to the airport as the DME guys have no way of scanning the bracelets. We only used our bracelets at MCO to go to WDW.
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Cinderumbrella is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: