Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2013, 10:06 AM   #916
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!

Quote:
I was told the same thing when I called a couple days ago. No more testing after October 31, 2013
No more "testing" could mean ... we will have full roll out November 1st. Just sayin'. It isn't testing.

AmyB2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:28 AM   #917
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyB2006 View Post

No more "testing" could mean ... we will have full roll out November 1st. Just sayin'. It isn't testing.
I was told last week by cm it would be about 3 weeks
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2013, 11:51 AM   #918
Nixie
DIS Veteran

Not that anyone really cares on here, but we did decide to cancel our Nov. trip. With all of the FP+ stuff up in the air and us staying offsite and not knowing how that will play into all of it, it was just too much for me. We have decided to go the first two weeks of June instead. I figure by then Disney will have all this stuff figured out. We will also be onsite as well. Good luck everyone with your trips!!!

Nixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:02 PM   #919
Nechville
DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear you cancelled but know you will have a great (and hopefully less stressful) trip when you do go.

I've been thinking about the "no testing" comments. Could definitely mean full roll out in November, but what about off-site and AP not staying onsite and the other things they haven't tested yet? When they say no testing, to me that means no testing. So maybe just resort stays will be in full-go mode. And then they will start testing the other things later, maybe December? Just more random thoughts while we all try to figure out what will happen!
Nechville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:13 PM   #920
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Everything is speculation. No testing can simply mean that no further testing has been announced beyond 10/31 (which we know), so until it is, it appears as though there's no further testing. We experienced the same thing when October travelers were anxiously awaiting the announcement. Plus, all the resorts are being rolled out in October, some of them near the end of the month. Why would they only test all resorts for a week?
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:16 PM   #921
sweetnjmom
Mouseketeer

Personally I hope that testing is extended for November--or it goes live. If only to schedule Fantasmic or parades like my friend did earlier this month (assuming it's an option). I'm less concerned about FastPass+ since I'm not sure how many rides my son (4) will like. But if it doesn't happen... well that's fine too.

Past trips off property: 4/80, 1/81, 6/94 and 5/09
Past trips on property: 8/90 GF, 10/96 CBR, 11/01 ASM, 5/02 POR, 5/06 CSR
sweetnjmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:26 PM   #922
kaylasmom07
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixie View Post
Not that anyone really cares on here, but we did decide to cancel our Nov. trip. With all of the FP+ stuff up in the air and us staying offsite and not knowing how that will play into all of it, it was just too much for me. We have decided to go the first two weeks of June instead. I figure by then Disney will have all this stuff figured out. We will also be onsite as well. Good luck everyone with your trips!!!
I'm very sorry to hear you canceled your trip, but I'm sure you made the right decision for your family.
I really hope this FP+ stuff wasn't the only reason you canceled your trip. I think it seems like such a big deal on fan forums like these because we are all super fans and planners. There seems to be a lot of rumors and speculation, and with no official word coming from disney it starts a bit of panic. Even still we are a small subset of the WDW population, and if we are confused you can just imagine how the average guest is going to feel.
At the end of the day it really isn't a big deal and I'm sure it will all work out in the end.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:10 PM   #923
Goombay Mickey
Earning My Ears

Best way to purchase and link one additional ticket?

Hi all,

I've been watching, waiting, lurking and occasionally posting -- all in hopes of getting MBs and FP+s for my arrival on November 13. Here's my question:

Each member of my family has a Seasonal Pass which is linked in MDE. I'm just waiting for the "Manage MagicBands" icon to convert to "Customize MagicBands" to get started. Another traveller from out of state will be joining us on this trip and she will buy her park ticket either online or over the phone. She's staying with us on property. I want to make sure that when she buys her ticket, I can add/link her to my Family and Friends on MDE so we can obtain all of our FP+s together. Can anyone tell me the best way to do that? If she buys online and selects the "Pickup at Will Call" option, will I be precluded from linking up her ticket until after she picks it up at Guest Services? Will Disney give her something like a receipt or invoice number I can use to link up her ticket before she picks it up? Should she have it mailed to her house and I just wait until she gets it to link it in MDE? I figured somebody may have already gone through this and could give me some advice. Thanks to all in advance!
Goombay Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 04:19 PM   #924
Goombay Mickey
Earning My Ears

Just got the answer I needed from Disney Internet support. The ticket purchased online should come with a barcode and number I can use to link up to MDE, regardless of when the ticket is actually picked up. We'll see if that works . . . )
Goombay Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:35 PM   #925
trstno1
I never look back, darling. It detracts from the now.

This is slightly off topic but BOG lunch reservations are working for November (at least for the first week of November)! You don't need a magic band or fast pass + - this is completely separate, and you secure the reservation at a different website: https://beourguestlunch.disney.go.com

If you are unfamiliar with this or need more info, I suggest you read through this thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3149450
2/2005 - offsite
1/2007 - Saratoga Springs
3/2008 - Disney Wonder, Port Orleans Riverside
3/2010 - offsite
11/2010 - Universal Royal Pacific Resort
11/2013 - Bay Lake Tower, Disney Dream

Last edited by trstno1; 09-20-2013 at 09:07 PM.
trstno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:45 PM   #926
Woodmnky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trstno1 View Post
This is slightly off topic but BOG fast pass reservations are working for November (at least for the first week of November)! You don't need a magic band or fast pass + - this is completely separate, and you secure the reservation at a different website: https://beourguestlunch.disney.go.com

If you are unfamiliar with this or need more info, I suggest you read through this thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3149450
I think I want this more than FP+ . It is not yet open for the end of Nov or begining of Dec, but I keep checking. With an impatient 2yo, I am sure that we will not be waiting in line for lunch at BOG if we do not have a reservation. Fingers crossed it works.
Woodmnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:53 PM   #927
ArielRae
1042 mi from WDW

Hoping with all this time waiting that everyone has their 3 attractions and times picked out and already to go so once this thing goes live for us we can be in and out with our choices before anyone else.

Since I will be going with my 3yr old and my parents I plan on getting mostly shows and meet & greets. With a few big kid rides for the adults.

Anyone want to share?
For us we have 4 day tickets and it is:

AK:
Adventures outpost: mickey and Minnie meet & greet
Safari
Nemo show

DHS:
Disney jr. show
Star tours
TOT

MK day 1:
Princess meet- Cinderella
Princess meet- rapunzel
Enchanted tales with belle

MK day 2:
Mickey meet & greet
Splash mountain
BTMRR
Animal Kingdom Lodge - 2006
Pop Century - 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009(Pregnant), 2013(Solo), 2104(Mother & Son Trip)
Fort Wilderness - 2012(Tent Camping), 2013(DS's 1st Trip), 2013
Disney's Wonder - 2006
Disney's Dream - 2011
Disney's Fantasy - 2012(Thanksgiving Cruise)

ArielRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:56 PM   #928
fishing gal
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by trstno1 View Post
This is slightly off topic but BOG fast pass reservations are working for November (at least for the first week of November)! You don't need a magic band or fast pass + - this is completely separate, and you secure the reservation at a different website: https://beourguestlunch.disney.go.com

Thank you so much for posting this. I was able to get a FastPass+ reservation the second week of November, so I know it works then too!
fishing gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 06:14 PM   #929
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodmnky View Post
I think I want this more than FP+ . It is not yet open for the end of Nov or begining of Dec, but I keep checking. With an impatient 2yo, I am sure that we will not be waiting in line for lunch at BOG if we do not have a reservation. Fingers crossed it works.
I just checked for our dates, the first part of our trip has the dates up, but I tried each day and they all said no FP available...will keep trying, hoping its just that they aren't loaded yet ...we do have our ADR for dinner, but wanted to do lunch too!

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 06:18 PM   #930
jjl181
Mouseketeer

Just got a FP+ time for BOG on 11/17! So excited! Will I get a confirmation email like regular ADRs?

2006, 2009 - All Star Sports
2009 - Pop Century
2010, 2011, 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside
2013 - BCV/VWL/BLT
2014 - PPH - 1st trip to DLR!
2014 - AKL/BWV/VGF
2015 - BWV/AKL
jjl181 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: