Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2013, 08:29 PM   #901
jmrothermel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VbChristy View Post
Those travel agents are giving incorrect Information. I am a travel agent and I just read the email from Disney re magic bands and fast pass plus and the official word told to us today or yesterday is that testing ends October 31st. No other information about November or beyond testing was given. I am freakishly stalking because I want a magic band and fp+ for my November trip .
I am also a TA and the site tells me the same thing
jmrothermel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:33 PM   #902
vtwep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseMomx2 View Post
I have had tremendous luck with the CMs at (407) 939-7765 (press 2 for the help desk). If you are having an Under Cover Tourist ticket issue, however, they will not be able to do anything more than the other CMs have. That issue is a bigger one that will take a little time to fix.
Thanks for the number! I am having the UT issue, so I'll wait it out a bit longer and see what happens. Appreciate it.

Previous Trips:
Early '80s - not much recollection!
1992 - Offsite Stay
Mar 1995 - Offsite Stay
Nov 2007 - Yacht Club / Water View Room 3047
Dec 2008 - Grand Floridian / MK View, Sago Cay Room 5440
Dec 2009 - Polynesian / MK View, Tahiti Room 3021
Oct 2010 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Tower 1, Room 627
Nov 2012 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Tower 4, EPCOT view
Nov 2013 - Boardwalk Inn / Boardwalk View Room 3241
vtwep is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2013, 08:35 PM   #903
angelabrezovsky
Mouseketeer

I am anxiously waiting for magic bands, I think it will make my surprise trip for my girls that much better!!! Come in DISNEY let us know already!!

JUNE 2010- POFQ

NOVEMBER 2013- ALL STAR MUSIC

Septmber 2015- All Star Resort

me (27) DD (8) DD (6)
angelabrezovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:35 PM   #904
wn01aa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifeof35 View Post
I was told the same thing when I called a couple days ago. No more testing after October 31, 2013
I doubt they would get all the resorts up and running by the end of October (some only for a week) and then shut it down for a month or two and launch Jan. 1. You never no though, but I hope not.
wn01aa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:47 PM   #905
Lorilais_mommie
" They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the street." - WALT DISNEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifeof35 View Post

I was told the same thing when I called a couple days ago. No more testing after October 31, 2013
I wish CMs would get on the same page or just say I don't know..

The guy I spoke with said emails for nov. will go out next week.. AFTER the rest of the FP+ choice are added

I asked about being able to use both FP- and FP+.. B/c it's still in TESTING we would be able to use both..
Just bring AP and/or key cards to pull FP-..
Nothing about it going LIVE.. :

We check in oct 31st.. But only a few FP+ have been opened up in each park for nov 1st and on... :-(

Lorilais_mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:54 PM   #906
ParrotBill
A parrot's life for me
Stalked by a little Einstein

Here's why I don't believe we will see testing end with a hiatus until a go live.

There is a massive conversion of line entrances and signs converting to FP+. There are attractions which have no legacy FP but have been enabled for FP+... and a few that have even had legacy FP removed to make room for FP+.

The only thing that should stop a go live is a terrible problem... we are hearing that things are getting better every week with fewer problems getting fixed faster.

The only thing left is a load test... and we will see that in October. Listen carefully and watch how it goes!

35+ WDW, 2 DL, 1 DLP visits

ParrotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:24 PM   #907
mikek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilais_mommie View Post
I wish CMs would get on the same page or just say I don't know..

The guy I spoke with said emails for nov. will go out next week.. AFTER the rest of the FP+ choice are added

I asked about being able to use both FP- and FP+.. B/c it's still in TESTING we would be able to use both..
Just bring AP and/or key cards to pull FP-..
Nothing about it going LIVE.. :

We check in oct 31st.. But only a few FP+ have been opened up in each park for nov 1st and on... :-(
my 2 cents- so take it for what it's worth- probably not even 2 cents.... lol

i think it's just a little bit of the telephone game. Management gets the shift leaders together and says "testing is being increased with new resorts each weak until october. Testing is not yet known or setup for november"

the leads talk to their groups and some of them take that away that "testing is in october and then it's over". Some take it as "testing is in october so go live must be november". Others take it as "testing in october to be followed with continued testing in november"

Probably the day shift talks a little to the night shift in the break room before shift change and before the night shift can get the speech from their leads. And that adds another layer of conjecture, confusion, whatever.

if you read between the lines and assume the telephone game is going on, all the different stories aren't that far off.
mikek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:26 PM   #908
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParrotBill View Post
Here's why I don't believe we will see testing end with a hiatus until a go live.

There is a massive conversion of line entrances and signs converting to FP+. There are attractions which have no legacy FP but have been enabled for FP+... and a few that have even had legacy FP removed to make room for FP+.

The only thing that should stop a go live is a terrible problem... we are hearing that things are getting better every week with fewer problems getting fixed faster.

The only thing left is a load test... and we will see that in October. Listen carefully and watch how it goes!
I think you are probably right as well. In regards to all the reports of "no testing in November", i think they just don't want to promise anything one way or another without seeing how October goes first.

Very anxiously awaiting our next Disney vacation, which could be either March, April, or May 2016, Oct or Nov 2015, or this spring, if I have my way.
Sigh.

April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 with work DW Beach Club
May '01 with work DL Grand Californian
May '02 with work DW Boardwalk
May '03 with work DW Yacht Club
May '04 with work DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
CaraMiaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:54 PM   #909
KNovacovschi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post
Speaking of, is anyone here checking daily? I know, dumb question. I have not been checking figuring someone else was, but I just wanted to make sure.
I am now that I've passed 60 days however I'm not even given the option for online check in so I'm a little scared.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

DD-16 DH-33 ME-36

Sept 17-23, 2006 - POP; Aug 12-18, 2007 - POP; Oct 14-20, 2012 - POP; Nov 17-23, 2013 - POP; Sept 27-Oct 4, 2014 - POP (adult only)

I've been sprung....YEAH
KNovacovschi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:50 AM   #910
smplicty29
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNovacovschi View Post

I am now that I've passed 60 days however I'm not even given the option for online check in so I'm a little scared.

Try this..
https://secure.reservations.disney.g...ageRender=true

I went here at exactly 60 days and checked in.
Old 09-20-2013, 06:09 AM   #911
KNovacovschi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smplicty29 View Post
Try this.. https://secure.reservations.disney.g...ageRender=true I went here at exactly 60 days and checked in.
Will give it a try. Thank you.

DD-16 DH-33 ME-36

Sept 17-23, 2006 - POP; Aug 12-18, 2007 - POP; Oct 14-20, 2012 - POP; Nov 17-23, 2013 - POP; Sept 27-Oct 4, 2014 - POP (adult only)

I've been sprung....YEAH
Old 09-20-2013, 08:00 AM   #912
heidihoho50
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut33 View Post

Problem is people like me are locked out because I have AP vouchers. I can't do any linking until I actually go and get my AP's the day we get there. It's Thanksgiving week, so all Fastpasses for any of the good things will be gone. If I get locked out of the old system, then I'm totally screwed.
It is my understanding that there will still be some fast passes at park rides set aside. Meaning so many will be allowed for fast pass + and a certain amount allowed for walk ups.
heidihoho50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 08:07 AM   #913
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNovacovschi View Post
Will give it a try. Thank you.

Hmmm. Mine showed up right at 60 days. I didn't do check-in yet, but I checked that it was there of course. : ) I wanted to pay off the trip (doing that this afternoon) before checking in. Somehow it seemed backwards otherwise!
Hopefully that link works for you. Let us know.

Very anxiously awaiting our next Disney vacation, which could be either March, April, or May 2016, Oct or Nov 2015, or this spring, if I have my way.
Sigh.

April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 with work DW Beach Club
May '01 with work DL Grand Californian
May '02 with work DW Boardwalk
May '03 with work DW Yacht Club
May '04 with work DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
CaraMiaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:12 AM   #914
Pills
Mouseketeer

Just FYI - a little off topic, I know.

I had problems with online check-in. Someone in the November thread on the Countdown form had a link to the old check-in (I think it was mydisneyreservation.com), and I did online check-in there. However, for whatever reason, I could get the normal request screen to pop up. So, a couple of days ago, I went back to the main WDW site and edited my check-in without an issue.

Anyway... we could have an announcement as early as today, it could be as late as early October. Personally, I'm not going to be worried until about October 15, but that's not going to be fair to the people that wouldn't get to customize their bands.

11/13 - POFQ
Pills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:03 AM   #915
KNovacovschi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post
Hmmm. Mine showed up right at 60 days. I didn't do check-in yet, but I checked that it was there of course. : ) I wanted to pay off the trip (doing that this afternoon) before checking in. Somehow it seemed backwards otherwise!
Hopefully that link works for you. Let us know.
It was there for me on day 60 but gave me an error. I tried about 4 times with no success. I had given it awhile before trying again and when I went back and ever since the option has not been there. I'm going to try the link another poster provided and see if that works.

EDIT: Was able to check in through the website previously provided, thanks smplicty29. When I went through it stated it couldn't put through my room requests though so I called and was advised that it would not accept it because I have already submitted room requests previously. So I'm officially checked in and have confirmation.

DD-16 DH-33 ME-36

I've been sprung....YEAH

Last edited by KNovacovschi; 09-20-2013 at 10:19 AM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: