Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2013, 02:12 PM   #826
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizBelle View Post
That's the point of this TESTING phase. To find the issues and fix them before they have official "go live".
Exactly! It is unrealistic to expect things to be perfect right now. This is an absolutely huge project for Disney and, IMO, they are doing a great job with something so complicated.

The testing period is a time to work out bugs and glitches that come up and to adjust the system so they do not continue to occur. Unfortunately, some guests will be impacted by these problems, but there is really no way to roll out a program like this any other way.

While I know it can be frustrating to deal with, I think we all need to just take a "go with the flow" approach. I know that can be hard for uber-planners () but it is so much better than getting stressed about something we have no control over.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:28 PM   #827
xipotec
Grinning Ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xipotec View Post
Ok I am super frustratded.

I cannot add any fireworks parades or anything to MDE!?! Our start date it Nov 9.

Os it too soon to do this!? It always tells me "no times available" of its too soon then when can I do it?
Ok maybe I am not being clear
I am not trying to do fast pass or anything. I am just trying to add fireworks times, character meet times , parade times etc....

So MDE is not operational for this either? I somehow got Wishes to show up on one day. And I can add a few events from MK for certain things like MSEP. But every event at all the other parks says no times available.

I didn't think just adding events to MDE was in testing too? Am I wrong?
Before that too many to list
!

SOME IMAGINATION, HUH??? - Mickey Mouse
xipotec is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2013, 03:12 PM   #828
Hunclemarco
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am not trying to do fast pass or anything. I am just trying to add fireworks times, character meet times , parade times etc....

So MDE is not operational for this either? I somehow got Wishes to show up on one day. And I can add a few events from MK for certain things like MSEP. But every event at all the other parks says no times available.

I was under the impression that each of those items were part of the FP+ option. I could be wrong though. It would be nice if they started opening November up

January 1979 Offsite; January 1992 POR; March 1999Honeymoon ; May 2002 CBR; May 2008 Offsite; November 2008 CBR March 2009 DVC SSR, BCV; August 2009 DVC AKV,BCV; December 2009 DVC SSR; February 2010 DVC BCV; November 2010 DVC BWV; May 2011 POP; March 2012 DCL Dream and POP; May 2012 POP; April 2013 DVC BCV; November 2013 CSR; Yacht Club, DCL Dream and BWV May 2014
Hunclemarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:13 PM   #829
jessicamouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Months back, I was able to add parades, fireworks, etc. to my daily plans on MDE, but I have had the same problem as you are describing (no times available). I just shrugged it off and left it alone - it was at least a month ago that I noticed this, but perhaps the whole system is affected by what they're doing right now?

jessicamouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:13 PM   #830
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Oh, I thought you were referring to FP also. As far as MDE, I noticed the same thing too. I kinda thought it would be nice to put all my plans in one location and not have to do a typed up itinerary but alas, no dates for a lot of the attractions/events/characters with MDE. Maybe they don't add those things until later due to possible time changes? I was able to add Illuminations, Wishes, EWP, Fantasmic, the shows at HS,and the Dreams come True Parade, but not others like Jedi Training and characters.
Were you able to add any of those?

Very anxiously awaiting our next Disney vacation, which could be either March, April, or May 2016, Oct or Nov 2015, or this spring, if I have my way.
Sigh.

April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 with work DW Beach Club
May '01 with work DL Grand Californian
May '02 with work DW Boardwalk
May '03 with work DW Yacht Club
May '04 with work DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
CaraMiaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:16 PM   #831
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunclemarco View Post
I was under the impression that each of those items were part of the FP+ option. I could be wrong though. It would be nice if they started opening November up
I believe they are, but he does not mean choosing a FP reservation for them, just choosing them through MDE as plans.

Very anxiously awaiting our next Disney vacation, which could be either March, April, or May 2016, Oct or Nov 2015, or this spring, if I have my way.
Sigh.

Old 09-18-2013, 03:20 PM   #832
Hunclemarco
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post
I believe they are, but he does not mean choosing a FP reservation for them, just choosing them through MDE as plans.
Oh, ok, i think i understand now... the Itinerary?

January 1979 Offsite; January 1992 POR; March 1999Honeymoon ; May 2002 CBR; May 2008 Offsite; November 2008 CBR March 2009 DVC SSR, BCV; August 2009 DVC AKV,BCV; December 2009 DVC SSR; February 2010 DVC BCV; November 2010 DVC BWV; May 2011 POP; March 2012 DCL Dream and POP; May 2012 POP; April 2013 DVC BCV; November 2013 CSR; Yacht Club, DCL Dream and BWV May 2014
Hunclemarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:23 PM   #833
katgarbars
Mouseketeer

I was able to add Illuminations to my Epcot day on Nov 17th. So it does work.
Old 09-18-2013, 03:25 PM   #834
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunclemarco View Post
Oh, ok, i think i understand now... the Itinerary?
Yes, actually it does say "My Itinerary". I'm going to try to add a couple plans now and see what happens.

Updated to say, I am now able add parades and shows at Animal Kingdom, but no characters.

Sigh.

Old 09-18-2013, 03:29 PM   #835
ses1230
DIS Veteran

Quote:

The "add to my plans" option?

I have tried to do that as well. For me it looked like only about the next 3 weeks of times were in the calendar.

1978 CR 2006 CR 2007 OKW 2008 SSR 2009 GF 2010 BLT 2011 BLT 2012 AKV 2013 DCL - Wonder
2013 BC 2014 Pop 2014 BLT
ses1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:41 PM   #836
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

I've tried to add to my plans too, but the things I want don't have times for when I am there. I added Jeweled Acrobats of China just to see if I could. There were times for that. So, for the things I really wanted to do but do not have times yet, I added in the Notes section, so I can have all my plans in one place. I'm going to miss my Excel spreadsheet though!

BwoZoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:47 PM   #837
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoZoo22 View Post
I've tried to add to my plans too, but the things I want don't have times for when I am there. I added Jeweled Acrobats of China just to see if I could. There were times for that. So, for the things I really wanted to do but do not have times yet, I added in the Notes section, so I can have all my plans in one place. I'm going to miss my Excel spreadsheet though!
I am so trying to avoid the Excel spreadsheet. I mean, how can I make fun of my husband for using spreadsheets all the time if I start one for Disney?!!!

Sigh.

Old 09-18-2013, 03:51 PM   #838
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post
I am so trying to avoid the Excel spreadsheet. I mean, how can I make fun of my husband for using spreadsheets all the time if I start one for Disney?!!!
So ture!

BwoZoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 04:28 PM   #839
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

While I have not tried to add any daily events to my itinerary on MDE I believe it is quite possible until Disney updates the park hours again which usually occurs 2 weeks before the start of any month, for November this will be around Oct. 15 these events may not be showing up as of yet.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:55 PM   #840
Goombay Mickey
Earning My Ears

Just got off phone w/ CM re: 11/13 arrival

I'm checking in to the FW cabins on 11/13. I called to make a modification to my reservation and the CM said "Oh, it looks like by the time you get here you'll be using the new MagicBands and FastPass+". I asked her to explain and she said that "all of the testing should be done by the end of October" and that the entire system should be rolled out by "the beginning of November." I tried to get more details, as well as dates when we would be notified and what the notification would look like but she wouldn't bite. She just said to keep watching my email and checking the MDE site. So, for what it's worth it looks like the CMs handling reservations (or at least the one I spoke with) are being told there will be an early November rollout (I'm guessing November 1) for the Magic Bands and FP+ for guests staying on property.
Goombay Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: