Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2013, 09:39 PM   #811
jane63
Earning My Ears

We will be checking to POFQ in Nov 17th. I can do on-line check in tomorrow. I got my reservations through a travel agent. Will this affect my online check in? I have everything linked in MDE and ready to go. I also read somewhere that you have to do online check in before you can do Magic Bands, etc. Is that true? I just miss the days of going to Disney, picking up some fast passes and going with the flow. I hope this gets easier but it sure is confusing now.
jane63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:16 AM   #812
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xipotec View Post
Ok I am super frustratded.

I cannot add any fireworks parades or anything to MDE!?! Our start date it Nov 9.

Os it too soon to do this!? It always tells me "no times available" of its too soon then when can I do it?
We are nov 8 th and still waiting
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2013, 05:55 AM   #813
Hls1023
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane63 View Post
We will be checking to POFQ in Nov 17th. I can do on-line check in tomorrow. I got my reservations through a travel agent. Will this affect my online check in? I have everything linked in MDE and ready to go. I also read somewhere that you have to do online check in before you can do Magic Bands, etc. Is that true? I just miss the days of going to Disney, picking up some fast passes and going with the flow. I hope this gets easier but it sure is confusing now.
We have reservations at POFQ for 10/20/13. We have not utilized the online check in and we were sent Magicbands.
Hls1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:43 AM   #814
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane63 View Post
You can still do on-line check in if you use a TA. (I do it all the time). Also, I scheduled all my magic band/FP+ stuff for September before I did on-line check in.

Try not to stress, I know it seems complicated now but it really wasn't that big of a deal as you actually use it. (And this from a doom & gloomer!)
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Cinderumbrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:08 AM   #815
lhall7
Mouseketeer

So for those of us going in November, will it still be in testing phase? Just rolled out to all resorts for testing?? I am so worried about how all of this will affect our trip. I am trying not to think about it, but the planner in me is worried. Should we still be able to pull regular FP- in November if we participate in MB and FP+? Also, we are going in April as well. If we get MBs now will we HAVE TO participate in FP+ in April? Not sure we want to give up FP- until we have to.
lhall7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:30 AM   #816
kaylasmom07
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhall7 View Post
So for those of us going in November, will it still be in testing phase? Just rolled out to all resorts for testing?? I am so worried about how all of this will affect our trip. I am trying not to think about it, but the planner in me is worried. Should we still be able to pull regular FP- in November if we participate in MB and FP+? Also, we are going in April as well. If we get MBs now will we HAVE TO participate in FP+ in April? Not sure we want to give up FP- until we have to.
These are all really good questions although I'm not sure anybody knows the answers.
We're all just waiting to see what move disney will make next. Try not to stress about it yet. I have a feeling it's gonna be a few weeks before we know what's going on with Nov.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:31 AM   #817
myhouseofmouse
Disney Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhall7 View Post
Unless I am reading wrong, from what I have read out there, It looks like testing may or may not end as of Oct 31st. But looking like all Disney Hotel guest will still get the MB and FB+ going forward for Nov. and Dec. Also, that most likely that the FP+ and Reg. FP will still be available thru the holidays because of them not being able to communicate the changes in time for the busy crowds. For your April trip, it seems like once you have the MB you are able to use them on future trips and if I were a betting man, I would think by April that the Reg. FP's would be gone by then.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:56 AM   #818
camgenemmysmom
Earning My Ears

Ok so this is a little off topic but... lets pretend we all get MB/FP+! Is there any good threads, blogs, articles about which are the best rides and times to schedule? We plan on being at rope drop, touring until 11:30ish, eating lunch, heading back to the resort for a nap, stay at the resort until dinner time around 5ish, then touring until the kiddos are ready for bed I hear that rope drop time there is little to no waits for most rides so FP+ wouldn't make sense to schedule then. I really am excited about all these changes but I don't know what to do once we are able to schedule anything Anyone else?
camgenemmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:05 PM   #819
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by myhouseofmouse View Post
Unless I am reading wrong, from what I have read out there, It looks like testing may or may not end as of Oct 31st. But looking like all Disney Hotel guest will still get the MB and FB+ going forward for Nov. and Dec. Also, that most likely that the FP+ and Reg. FP will still be available thru the holidays because of them not being able to communicate the changes in time for the busy crowds. For your April trip, it seems like once you have the MB you are able to use them on future trips and if I were a betting man, I would think by April that the Reg. FP's would be gone by then.
From what I understand, it seems as though they will continue testing with only Disney resort guests in November. My speculation is that everything will remain as it has been, but with it now open to all Disney resort guests. Testing has still not been conducted with off site guests or local guests, so I'd imagine that is the next step before anything goes live - at which point paper FP will go offline from what I have read.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:24 PM   #820
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina View Post
Testing has still not been conducted with off site guests or local guests, so I'd imagine that is the next step before anything goes live - at which point paper FP will go offline from what I have read.
CMs are currently testing the day-guest/off-site guest system so that part is coming soon. I agree with you though, that November will be just for all resort guests.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:26 PM   #821
kaylasmom07
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina View Post
From what I understand, it seems as though they will continue testing with only Disney resort guests in November. My speculation is that everything will remain as it has been, but with it now open to all Disney resort guests. Testing has still not been conducted with off site guests or local guests, so I'd imagine that is the next step before anything goes live - at which point paper FP will go offline from what I have read.
Everything is speculation at this point... But I have read on another board where a CM posted that disney is working on taking away people's ability to "double dip" with the fastpasses as we speak. So even if they continue testing with all the resorts after nov 1st who knows if they'll still be given KTTW cards and/or the ability to use both FP+ and traditional fastpasses.

Disney's Terms and Conditions state that once you have a ticket loaded on the app/site and are using FP+ you will not be able to use standard fastpass... so that's the end goal. Eventually they'll have to take away people's ability to use both. Sooner rather than later if they are going to do this over the busy holiday time IMO.
Old 09-18-2013, 01:12 PM   #822
mommy2emily
Mouseketeer

where do you go to see the manage or customize magic bands?
mommy2emily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:18 PM   #823
Nechville
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylasmom07 View Post

Everything is speculation at this point... But I have read on another board where a CM posted that disney is working on taking away people's ability to "double dip" with the fastpasses as we speak. So even if they continue testing with all the resorts after nov 1st who knows if they'll still be given KTTW cards and/or the ability to use both FP+ and traditional fastpasses.

Disney's Terms and Conditions state that once you have a ticket loaded on the app/site and are using FP+ you will not be able to use standard fastpass... so that's the end goal. Eventually they'll have to take away people's ability to use both. Sooner rather than later if they are going to do this over the busy holiday time IMO.
I seriously doubt I will have the ability to do both on my mid-November trip. Hopefully will be able to get more than 3 though!
Nechville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:24 PM   #824
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2emily View Post
where do you go to see the manage or customize magic bands?
From the main Disney World page click on My DIsney Experience on the top right. (Do not select one of the drop down options, just click on MDE.) That will bring you to MDE's main page and the link will be on the right.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:43 PM   #825
DizBelle
CSI: Can't Stand Idiots
Slimy yet satisfying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyNDecember View Post
I am at 60 day mark, it now allowed me to add my credit card on MDE (it did not allow me to yesterday, I kept getting an error), but when I attempt to do online check in, it keeps giving an error at the very end.

I will try to do "step 2" tomorrow evening........

It is really sad that a company as large as Disney has this many problems with online tech updates............
It let me for a "split second" click on Fast Pass Plus, I saw a calendar to add & then "poof", it VERY quickly removed the screen & no longer allowed me to access it............ Gotta love it !!!

Note... all my reservations, room, tickets, Dining Reservations have been all done online thru Disneyworld.com............ I will let the group know if I get any new activity tomorrow..........

What a great support group we have here on the DIS !!! Love you guys !!! Here is to counting down the days !!!!

That's the point of this TESTING phase. To find the issues and fix them before they have official "go live".

Veni, vidi, Visa (I came, I saw, I shopped)

Some people should use a glue stick instead of chapstick.

====================================

====================================
DizBelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: