Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2013, 03:49 PM   #796
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofmouse5 View Post
SJS314 our check in is Nov 11 which is 55 days from today, but who is counting

I first called on Friday then I just couldn't stand it anymore and wanted to double check that my request was in the system and was in line to get taken care of so I called again on Monday. Both CMs were polite and I didn't feel like I was being any bother. The only difference was the first CM told me a week and the second said about 3. At least I won't be climbing the walls this Friday waiting for an answer. I will keep you posted on any progress I have. Please do the same with your issue.
houseofmouse5 I felt I was talked down to on my second call by the way she spoke that it was my own fault since I bought from UT so I still haven't called back yet. I think if my MB pop up to customize I will be happy with just those.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:02 PM   #797
mnctequesta
Earning My Ears

Newbie Question

I am new to all of this... just learning about MB/FP+... we are checking in Nov 30 - Dec 5 at Fort Wilderness...

If we get an invite... how does it come? email? letter?
Or do I keep checking on MDE... what will it say?

Thanks for any help!
mnctequesta is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2013, 05:12 PM   #798
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnctequesta View Post
I am new to all of this... just learning about MB/FP+... we are checking in Nov 30 - Dec 5 at Fort Wilderness...

If we get an invite... how does it come? email? letter?
Or do I keep checking on MDE... what will it say?

Thanks for any help!
You do not need to get an invite. All of the resorts will be live by then so you will be able to participate. November check-ins should go live soon...maybe a week or two. Keep checking your MDE account and these boards.

Once you are able to customize MBs the link will go from "Manage Magic Bands" to "Customize Magic Bands". For October check-ins there was a glitch where those who had already done on line check in did not get the "Customize MBs" link. They had to go into on line check in again, hit submit/done and then the link went live. That may happen for November check ins as well so just be aware.

Happy waiting!
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 05:31 PM   #799
lacy1101
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylasmom07 View Post
Yes. That is why.
If it should turn out that they do not become eligible (Disney decides not to extend the testing into November), can I just leave our Magic Bands at home and just use KTTW cards like our friends?

Oct. ‘94 Caribbean Beach * Oct. ‘99 All-Star Music * Oct. ’02 All-Star Movies * Oct. ‘05 Pop Century * March ‘08 NSBA Conf. w/DH (2 days off property) * August '08 Pop Century * October ‘09 All-Star Sports * November '10 Caribbean Beach; * Sept. '11 Pop Century * November '11 Wilderness Lodge * November '12 POFQ * October '13 AKV Jambo House 25th Anniversary Trip * November '13 Coronado Springs * October '14 Caribbean Beach (to visit daughter in DCP) * December '14 Wilderness Lodge (Christmas w/daughter in DCP) * September '15 POR (Food & Wine w/friends)
lacy1101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 05:52 PM   #800
kaylasmom07
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacy1101 View Post
If it should turn out that they do not become eligible (Disney decides not to extend the testing into November), can I just leave our Magic Bands at home and just use KTTW cards like our friends?
If everything is going the way it has been by the time November comes then yes. So far testers have been getting both magic bands and KTTW cards, so you could just use the cards in the regular fastpass machines. Also since its a test you can opt out.
kaylasmom07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 06:50 PM   #801
lhall7
Mouseketeer

So for those of us going in November, will it still be in testing phase? Just rolled out to all resorts for testing?? I am so worried about how all of this will affect our trip. I am trying not to think about it, but the planner in me is worried. Should we still be able to pull regular FP- in November if we participate in MB and FP+? Also, we are going in April as well. If we get MBs now will we HAVE TO participate in FP+ in April? Not sure we want to give up FP- until we have to.
lhall7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:54 PM   #802
DisneyNDecember
DIS Veteran

I am at 60 day mark, it now allowed me to add my credit card on MDE (it did not allow me to yesterday, I kept getting an error), but when I attempt to do online check in, it keeps giving an error at the very end.

I will try to do "step 2" tomorrow evening........

It is really sad that a company as large as Disney has this many problems with online tech updates............

It let me for a "split second" click on Fast Pass Plus, I saw a calendar to add & then "poof", it VERY quickly removed the screen & no longer allowed me to access it............ Gotta love it !!!

Note... all my reservations, room, tickets, Dining Reservations have been all done online thru Disneyworld.com............ I will let the group know if I get any new activity tomorrow..........

What a great support group we have here on the DIS !!! Love you guys !!! Here is to counting down the days !!!!

Last edited by DisneyNDecember; 09-17-2013 at 08:19 PM.
DisneyNDecember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:50 PM   #803
SMorgan711
It all starts with a wish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyNDecember View Post
I am at 60 day mark, it now allowed me to add my credit card on MDE (it did not allow me to yesterday, I kept getting an error), but when I attempt to do online check in, it keeps giving an error at the very end.

I will try to do "step 2" tomorrow evening........

It is really sad that a company as large as Disney has this many problems with online tech updates............

It let me for a "split second" click on Fast Pass Plus, I saw a calendar to add & then "poof", it VERY quickly removed the screen & no longer allowed me to access it............ Gotta love it !!!

Note... all my reservations, room, tickets, Dining Reservations have been all done online thru Disneyworld.com............ I will let the group know if I get any new activity tomorrow..........

What a great support group we have here on the DIS !!! Love you guys !!! Here is to counting down the days !!!!

Try using mydisneyreservation.com to check in. I could not check in through MDE after multiple attempts. I found this website on another thread here on the boards and it worked like a charm!

1990 Poly | 1991 CB | 1994 POFQ | 1995 ASSp | Apr 1999 ASMu | Apr 2002 POR | 2004-2005 (New Years) WL | Oct 2008 SoG | Jan 2009 SoG | Sep 2009 POR | Feb 2011 AKL (JUST ENGAGED!) | Dec 2011 Poly | Oct 2012 BWI | Nov 2013 POFQ | Feb 2014 YC (DFTW!) | Sep 2014 POR |
SMorgan711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:57 PM   #804
mnctequesta
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseMomx2 View Post
You do not need to get an invite. All of the resorts will be live by then so you will be able to participate. November check-ins should go live soon...maybe a week or two. Keep checking your MDE account and these boards.

Once you are able to customize MBs the link will go from "Manage Magic Bands" to "Customize Magic Bands". For October check-ins there was a glitch where those who had already done on line check in did not get the "Customize MBs" link. They had to go into on line check in again, hit submit/done and then the link went live. That may happen for November check ins as well so just be aware.

Happy waiting!
Thank you! That explains so much... simply and easy!
mnctequesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:04 PM   #805
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacy1101 View Post
I would bring the Magic Bands.They will work to get you on the Magical Express, if you are using it. They will also open your resort room, hold your park tickets, and let you charge things without pulling out your KTTW cards. If you don't want to use FP+ because your friends might not have it, that's understandable. But for the rest of it, I'd use the band. Most people really like them.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:06 PM   #806
DisneyNDecember
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMorgan711 View Post
Try using mydisneyreservation.com to check in. I could not check in through MDE after multiple attempts. I found this website on another thread here on the boards and it worked like a charm!
When you use this link, it only gives you the option for 3 room requests
1. pack & play (don't need)
2. near transportation
3. ground floor

The MDE allowed you to request a specific floor, even though it did not go thru all the way............

I may wait a few days to see if MDE gets to working properly........ (I could be waiting a while, right?)
Old 09-17-2013, 10:04 PM   #807
Joan S.
DIS Veteran
Needs to 'fess up to DH about the next WDW trip!

Hi, We are going to be in WDW from November 4-15. And I am trying to understand the whole Magic Band roll out. We are staying at BWV and then VGF. I have been on MDE and added my resort reservations. Once when I went on it asked if I wanted to link tickets. My DH is retired Military so we will be purchasing Military Salute tickets AFTER we arrive at WDW. Without tickets attached to MDE,will I be asked to customize Magic Bands?? Also without Magic Bands,I will NOT be able to do FP+ before arriving at WDW. Is that correct?? Thanks to anyone that can help me understand . Joan
Old 09-17-2013, 10:25 PM   #808
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan S. View Post
Hi, We are going to be in WDW from November 4-15. And I am trying to understand the whole Magic Band roll out. We are staying at BWV and then VGF. I have been on MDE and added my resort reservations. Once when I went on it asked if I wanted to link tickets. My DH is retired Military so we will be purchasing Military Salute tickets AFTER we arrive at WDW. Without tickets attached to MDE,will I be asked to customize Magic Bands?? Also without Magic Bands,I will NOT be able to do FP+ before arriving at WDW. Is that correct?? Thanks to anyone that can help me understand . Joan
You will be able to customize MBs, when November opens. You will not be able to schedule FP+ without linked tickets. Correct!

BwoZoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:27 PM   #809
xipotec
Grinning Ghosts

Ok I am super frustratded.

I cannot add any fireworks parades or anything to MDE!?! Our start date it Nov 9.

Os it too soon to do this!? It always tells me "no times available" of its too soon then when can I do it?
Before that too many to list
!

SOME IMAGINATION, HUH??? - Mickey Mouse
xipotec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:29 PM   #810
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xipotec View Post
Ok I am super frustratded.

I cannot add any fireworks parades or anything to MDE!?! Our start date it Nov 9.

Os it too soon to do this!? It always tells me "no times available" of its too soon then when can I do it?
If you haven't already participated in testing from an earlier visit, November is not open to you yet.

BwoZoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: