Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2013, 11:55 AM   #646
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMom View Post
But if all/almost all of the resorts are "live" by November, what does that mean? Does it mean they will all be FP+ testing and you can get the 3 FP+ as well as pull regular FP? Or does it mean you will only be able to get the 3 FP+ but no regular FP?

I am not happy with being left hanging when my 45 day payoff is rapidly approaching. When I am spending thousands on a trip, I want to know what I am going to get, so I can decide whether or not I want to take the offer. And to be clear, being limited to 3 FP a day will not be good for the way our family vacations. I wouldn't have booked a WDW vacation under those limitations and if the rules are changed midstream, I won't be happy.

WDW needs to clarify ASAP what they are going to do for those traveling in November whose payoff dates are approaching.
I would call IT and say exactly that. I wouldn't call the regular reservations line, because the chances you'll get anyone with updated info are slim.
I know exactly how you are feeling. Because though I am in line to get my two day tickets added to my account, I still have a major issue. I won't be able to upgrade those two day tickets to 10 day tickets until I get there, therefore will be left with whatever is left for fastpass+. I have resigned myself to booking the two days of fastpass+ I qualify for on the last 2 days of our trip, which are December 20th and 21st. That will be when the Christmas crowds are rolling in and the place is packed.
I REALLY REALLY want to know if there is going to be regular fastpass available still, or if they are going to come up with a way to upgrade my ticket before I get there, but so far I am still in the dark.
I am pleased the one issue is hopefully getting sorted, but I am with you 100%. Thousands of dollars for this trip with non refundable DVC point rental, and non refundable plane tickets, is too much money on the line to still not know if I'll actually be able to ride anything without ridiculous standby waits.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:59 AM   #647
kaylasmom07
Mouseketeer

I have to admit that now that all the resorts are going live for October and its looking like go live will be November 1st I'm getting kind of nervous. It's sort of like we'll be guinea pigs. It's gonna be a very different experience with all resorts added, possibly off site too, and possibly no access to traditional fastpass.
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2013, 12:04 PM   #648
Lorilais_mommie
" They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the street." - WALT DISNEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMom View Post
But if all/almost all of the resorts are "live" by November, what does that mean? Does it mean they will all be FP+ testing and you can get the 3 FP+ as well as pull regular FP? Or does it mean you will only be able to get the 3 FP+ but no regular FP?

I am not happy with being left hanging when my 45 day payoff is rapidly approaching. When I am spending thousands on a trip, I want to know what I am going to get, so I can decide whether or not I want to take the offer. And to be clear, being limited to 3 FP a day will not be good for the way our family vacations. I wouldn't have booked a WDW vacation under those limitations and if the rules are changed midstream, I won't be happy.

WDW needs to clarify ASAP what they are going to do for those traveling in November whose payoff dates are approaching.
(Check in is oct 31st at POFQ)

The IT guy just told me,

1.that we would still be able to pull regular FP...

2. Oct-Nov. is still testing, not live yet..

3. Every member of the party gets magic bands, this includes babies!.. <<< this still shocks me

Lorilais_mommie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 12:17 PM   #649
SMorgan711
It all starts with a wish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilais_mommie View Post
O my gosh thank you sooooooo much for letting me know..
I just check my account and we have magic bands options!!!!!

Made FP+ Plans...... FYI not a lot of choice for little ones.. :-(

We check in on OCT 31st... at POFQ

Ps. I also called the tech line, b/c my little one is under 3.. And it won't allow me to make FP+ choice for her...
I was told, it doesn't matter if they are under three..
However she will still receive a magic band! <<<<<<< someone please explain
my coworker was a part of the August test group and her son was 2. He got a MB but it was just for "show" He could not charge the credit card, open the room door, get into the park, scan for pass. Since his parents had booked FP for the rides, their child just went with them. They didn't prebook his FP, they just let him on the ride with the parents.

1990 Poly | 1991 CB | 1994 POFQ | 1995 ASSp | Apr 1999 ASMu | Apr 2002 POR | 2004-2005 (New Years) WL | Oct 2008 SoG | Jan 2009 SoG | Sep 2009 POR | Feb 2011 AKL (JUST ENGAGED!) | Dec 2011 Poly | Oct 2012 BWI | Nov 2013 POFQ | Feb 2014 YC (DFTW!) | Sep 2014 POR |

SMorgan711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 12:21 PM   #650
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
3. Every member of the party gets magic bands, this includes babies!.. <<< this still shocks me
Magic Bands will be used by a guest for many years. The bands are tied to the person, not the reservation. Disney expects that you will bring them back on future stays. This means that today's 2-year-old could use it again at 4 or 5 years of age.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 12:22 PM   #651
g-dad66
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMorgan711 View Post
my coworker was a part of the August test group and her son was 2. He got a MB but it was just for "show" He could not charge the credit card, open the room door, get into the park, scan for pass. Since his parents had booked FP for the rides, their child just went with them. They didn't prebook his FP, they just let him on the ride with the parents.

Another benefit, I think: The MB should be able to connect to the profile showing the adult's cell phone number, so it can serve the purpose of CMs being able to contact the parent of a lost child.

And yes, children under 3 have never needed Fast Passes, so it makes sense that they don't need FP+ either.

Historical Orlando weather data here: http://www.leaveittogenie.com/weather.html
g-dad66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 12:28 PM   #652
gorkt
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I have to admit that now that all the resorts are going live for October and its looking like go live will be November 1st I'm getting kind of nervous. It's sort of like we'll be guinea pigs. It's gonna be a very different experience with all resorts added, possibly off site too, and possibly no access to traditional fastpass. - See more at: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.....mP0DJGfw.dpuf
I agree. I am getting freaked that the whole system will shut down once all these resorts are in the system causing all sorts of problems.
DS Orion 9

Many trips as a child and young adult
Dec 2006 - First Family Trip - BWV / All Star Music Suites
Nov 2009 - 10 day Wilderness extravaganza - 5 nights Cabins/5 Nights WLV
Nov 2013 - AoA Finding Nemo - Nov 2-11th

Hopefully returning in 2015-2016!
gorkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 12:36 PM   #653
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-dad66 View Post
Another benefit, I think: The MB should be able to connect to the profile showing the adult's cell phone number, so it can serve the purpose of CMs being able to contact the parent of a lost child.

And yes, children under 3 have never needed Fast Passes, so it makes sense that they don't need FP+ either.
I think it might do that already. Does anyone know this?

Very anxiously awaiting our next Disney vacation, which could be either March, April, or May 2016, Oct or Nov 2015, or this spring, if I have my way.
Sigh.

April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 with work DW Beach Club
May '01 with work DL Grand Californian
May '02 with work DW Boardwalk
May '03 with work DW Yacht Club
May '04 with work DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
CaraMiaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 12:37 PM   #654
jimmysmom74
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-dad66 View Post
That is a great insight. Leave this tattoos at home. MBs will do the trick!!! Disney's already saving me $$$.

me, DH, DS(6)
OCT 2001-AKL / OCT 2002-engaged at AKL / OCT 2006-AKL
DEC 2008-DS first trip-GF / MAY 2010-GPs, AKL / OCT 2011-Poly / NOV 2012-DL with cousins/ NOV 2013 CSR with GPs/ SpringBreak 2014-CR
jimmysmom74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 12:41 PM   #655
kaylasmom07
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmysmom74 View Post
Disney's already saving me $$$.
Never thought I'd hear those words!
Old 09-13-2013, 12:43 PM   #656
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseMomx2 View Post
Stinks doesn't it? We are OKW owners but aren't staying there until January. Hopefully it is up by then!

I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Hopefully you'll hear good news in the next day or two (along with those staying at Fort Wilderness).
Thanks, I can't wait to check out "your" resort. If you ever want to rent your points in the future, keep me in mind ;-)
Old 09-13-2013, 12:47 PM   #657
partyof2
Colette

We arrive at POR on November 4th.

I booked at over 500 days out. I had to wait 6+ months for our flights to be released. Wait for MVMCP dates and tickets to be released. Wait over a year for our 180+10 window to open. Wait for Dessert Party dates to go on sale. Now I'm waiting to see if we'll be able to use FP+.

I'm so tired of being patient!
Visit #2 >> Nov 2013 - POR
Visit #3 >> Nov 2014 - Pop
Visit #4 >> Oct 2015 - We're getting married!

partyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 12:48 PM   #658
prettypatchesmsu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylasmom07 View Post
I have to admit that now that all the resorts are going live for October and its looking like go live will be November 1st I'm getting kind of nervous. It's sort of like we'll be guinea pigs. It's gonna be a very different experience with all resorts added, possibly off site too, and possibly no access to traditional fastpass.
I hear you. I'd been excited and happy to test since August...when I knew what that involved. Now it's back to not know how it's going to be and I'm nervous about it. Scared it's going to be a train-wreck of problems with everyone live. Worried about FP- not being available. Without it, I wouldn't have wanted to test.

Quote:

The IT guy just told me,

1.that we would still be able to pull regular FP...

2. Oct-Nov. is still testing, not live yet..

If I trusted the IT CM's, this would reassure me.....but does help just little bit.

2013 October 19th-31st - Pop Century / DH & Me for 18th Anniversary Dream Trip
2011 October - Pop Century / Mom, Me, & DH
2008 June - All Star Movies / Mom, Me, & DH
1992 June - Caribbean Beach Resort / Mom & Me
prettypatchesmsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 12:53 PM   #659
kaylasmom07
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by partyof2 View Post

I booked at over 500 days out. I had to wait 6+ months for our flights to be released. Wait for MVMCP dates and tickets to be released. Wait over a year for our 180+10 window to open. Wait for Dessert Party dates to go on sale. Now I'm waiting to see if we'll be able to use FP+.

Man I could I written this myself... except I'd have to add free dining release to that list of waits too. Planning this trip has been too much excitement for me.
Old 09-13-2013, 01:04 PM   #660
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by partyof2 View Post

I haven't been waiting as long as you.. but I get it. I've carefully planned this "Disney bucket list" Christmas surprise trip from start to finish. I rented the points in the spring, I made my ADR's the day they opened up, booked my carriage ride, my MVMCP tickets, waited for the candlelight processional, still waiting for the Wishes dessert party. I've never spent this much on a trip or planned one in this much detail. And it's all being blown to smithereens by not knowing if and when I can book Fastpasses or if I will have access to regular fastpass.
I am going at a busier time than any of our trips because I thought "I've got this, I know how to tour and use fastpass, we'll be ok."

And now? I have no clue.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: