Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2013, 03:46 PM   #526
meggiebeth
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through...

Quote:
Originally Posted by picktails View Post
My inkling from following every thread on this topic is that testing will end October 31, and all guests from November onward will get magic bands and FP+. Or maybe it's just the way I WANT to see things!
Oooh! I really really hope so! Although others don't think it's likely.

Meg~ Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

$5 A Day Means Disney MY Way! An October TR
~Our 18 day trip to Walt Disney World. Deluxe Dining Plan, Keys to the Kingdom Tour,
MNSSHP, Epcot Food & Wine Festival and MVMCP all in one trip!~

meggiebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 03:47 PM   #527
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by meggiebeth View Post
How come others can already order FP+s for November? I really want to try it out.
They either have Magic Bands from a previous stay to have a reservation that starts by 10/31.

Last edited by MouseMomx2; 09-12-2013 at 04:01 PM.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2013, 03:48 PM   #528
Kelleigh710
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by picktails View Post
My inkling from following every thread on this topic is that testing will end October 31, and all guests from November onward will get magic bands and FP+. Or maybe it's just the way I WANT to see things!
You know what? I am going to adopt the same thinking Picktails. I'm with you!
11/2013 Dolphin/BLT ~ 11/2014 BLT
Just me and DH
Kelleigh710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 03:50 PM   #529
houseofmouse5
Mouseketeer

Maybe we just get the answer the CM wants to give us when we call. If they feel like giving us hope they say "sure there is testing in November for all resorts who are already being tested, keep an eye out for your invite" or "sorry no more testing for November or December wait for January for everyone to get it".
I am getting a bit annoyed by all the different answers those of us who have made phone calls are getting. It is not right. The CMs should all have the same answer. Disney knows they are going to get a ton of phone calls about FP+ they should be giving all their CMs the same info therefor we should be hearing the same info. Why don't they know what is happening in November, come on it is September. These people are paid big bucks and they have been working out the kinks for quite a while.
Sorry about all the venting
I am trying to make our plans for each day and feel like I need to be making 2, one for if we get FP+ and one for if we don't. Kind of a pain in the butt!

Ok now I feel better I hope we get info on our MDE soon. I have given up on the CMs.
houseofmouse5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 03:58 PM   #530
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeeymike View Post
I have the same issue as you. i called IT and am in a queue to get this system glitch fixed. they are fixing it based on date of arrival. In a nutshell, your tickets are not linked to your resort reservations so if and when you are allowed to make fp+, the system won't know your travel window.

Read more about my follow-up in this thread http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post49540462

I would call IT and have them raise a ticket. let me know how you make out.
Maybe I will call IT back tomorrow just too irritated to deal with the whole mess again today!

I get the same screen with the Sept. dates.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 04:59 PM   #531
wn01aa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeddingPrincess View Post
Thank you moderator, I respect your decision. I would never knowingly violate any DIS policy however; I would like to point out why this is confusing to me. The September Invite thread has been discussing the ghost reservation issue for 4 weeks. There are over 100 pages since the room only/ghost reservation discussion began and hundreds of posts contain some reference to the subject. There have been many posts by DIS Veterans on the September thread (and other threads) disseminating the same information I provided here in a previous post that was deemed inappropriate. The September thread alone has 179 pages, and close to 154,000 views and Ive read every page. Some posters have called the room only/ghost reservation unethical but Ive not seen anyone reference the subject matter as inappropriate and against DIS policy.

There are threads on how to get the FP+ system to give you the bonus fp for MK, how to use FP- and FP+ at the same time (double dipping), how to get multiple FP- during the same time frame using old KTTW cards (triple+ dipping), and how to make a BOG reservation for lunch without having been invited. These are subjects that have only come to light in the past month. Refillable RFID mugs would have to be included in this as well.

Im not saying these subjects do or do not violate a DIS policy. What Im saying is I hope you understand my confusion in hearing today that a room only/ghost reservation is not appropriate when it and other similar subjects are discussed so freely throughout this forum.

I agree!

Last edited by wn01aa; 09-12-2013 at 05:18 PM.
wn01aa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 05:10 PM   #532
wn01aa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by meggiebeth View Post
I really hope so. I don't see SSR being added soon but I'm hoping for the best. How come others can already order FP+s for November? I really want to try it out.

Meg~ Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
People who can book FP+ for November fall into 2 categories right now:

1. People who check-in during October at a test resort and their stay goes into November.

2. People checking in during November but who already received bands from a test resort earlier (Aug/Sept/Oct).
Old 09-12-2013, 05:30 PM   #533
wn01aa
Mouseketeer

Maybe a glimmer of hope for November check-ins. There are now lots of reports that as of today, all resorts (magic band testing and non magic band testing) checking in during October are able to make FP+ selections (no magic bands yet though). Looks like they are starting to open up the system, for all resort guests to get FP+ and Magicbands.

Maybe open up FP+ to everyone in October (maybe give everyone in October who cant customize grey bands) and by November both FP+ and customized MagicBands for all resort guests.

EDIT: It appears all resorts are able to customize MagicBands for October now. There was that glitch where you had to do the check-in again. After they did that, they could customize MagicBands (for resorts like BLT, CSR, BWI, etc.). Looks like a full October 1st rollout. ))

Last edited by wn01aa; 09-12-2013 at 05:38 PM.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:33 PM   #534
JenSop
DIS Veteran

Location: Split between Pennsylvania and Europe (Croatia and Austria)

subscribing.... going Nov. 20th!
JenSop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 05:37 PM   #535
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wn01aa View Post
Maybe a glimmer of hope for November check-ins. There are now lots of reports that as of today, all resorts (magic band testing and non magic band testing) checking in during October are able to make FP+ selections (no magic bands yet though). Looks like they are starting to open up the system, especially the FP+.

Maybe open up FP+ to everyone in October (maybe give everyone in October who cant customize grey bands) and by November both FP+ and customized MagicBands for all resort guests.
When October first came on line for the testing resorts there were a lot of reports of FP+ opening first and the MB customization following a bit later. I am guessing that is what is happening here.

In any event, I can't see them adding all of the resorts for the second half of October and then suspending the system in November. I think this bodes well for a full roll out.

Edited to Add...Many other threads have posters reporting that MBs will become available if you go back into on line check in and then click submit/done.

Last edited by MouseMomx2; 09-12-2013 at 05:42 PM.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 05:41 PM   #536
kaylasmom07
Mouseketeer

Is it confirmed that all the resorts are added now? I thought it was just some more.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:47 PM   #537
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylasmom07 View Post
Is it confirmed that all the resorts are added now? I thought it was just some more.
So far I have only seen posts about three or four new resorts. Come on October reservation people! Get out there and let us November reservation people know what's going on!

BwoZoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 05:53 PM   #538
wn01aa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoZoo22 View Post
So far I have only seen posts about three or four new resorts. Come on October reservation people! Get out there and let us November reservation people know what's going on!
So far I have seen posts from the following new resorts that can do FP+ and MagicBands for October:

BLT, BWI, POFQ, CSR, GFV

I haven't seen anyone yet say they can't book FP+ and Magicbands yet since about 3pm this afternoon (mind you some of them were told they have 24 hrs to customize the bands since they are less then 30 days from check-in.)
Old 09-12-2013, 05:54 PM   #539
jimmysmom74
DIS Veteran

What is being reported is CSR, POFQ, BLT, CBR, and maybe BWI. That's all the new Oct check ins so far.

me, DH, DS(6)
OCT 2001-AKL / OCT 2002-engaged at AKL / OCT 2006-AKL
DEC 2008-DS first trip-GF / MAY 2010-GPs, AKL / OCT 2011-Poly / NOV 2012-DL with cousins/ NOV 2013 CSR with GPs/ SpringBreak 2014-CR
jimmysmom74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 05:54 PM   #540
prettypatchesmsu
DIS Veteran

Some are reporting it not working at all for them, maybe just some new resorts being added and not full rollout???....guess we will see. Here's to hoping for you November folks

2013 October 19th-31st - Pop Century / DH & Me for 18th Anniversary Dream Trip
2011 October - Pop Century / Mom, Me, & DH
2008 June - All Star Movies / Mom, Me, & DH
1992 June - Caribbean Beach Resort / Mom & Me
prettypatchesmsu is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: