Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2013, 02:10 PM   #436
Chela227
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofmouse5
I hope it is ok to post this under this thread. I think I have something new on my MDE page.
On the right side it shows 5 choices in the top box. They are:
Link Existing Reservations and Tickets
Create Family and Friends List
Manage Magic Bands
Make Fast Pass+ Selections
Make Dining Reservations

Before today I don't remember seeing Create Family and Friends List.
I feel kind of stupid posting this question because I have been stalking my MDE page for weeks and if it has always been there how have I not noticed this? So is this new to the page or have I been oblivious to it?
Mine looks this way too. I think its new...at least didn't notice it before.
Chela227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:24 PM   #437
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chela227 View Post
Mine looks this way too. I think its new...at least didn't notice it before.
Those are the options I have had all along...

BwoZoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-11-2013, 02:43 PM   #438
str86diesel
Earning My Ears

I will be onsite from November 8 -12 and from my understanding from talking to my travel agent that so far november has not been added to the testers list and she has not heard of new dates for testing.
str86diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:46 PM   #439
Chime
Filling in all available space - it's the Disney way!
Your basket tipping days are over my friend!

We have a little issue (not sure if it's an issue) - but I'm confused on how this could potentially affect our Magicband testing.

We are traveling with my parents for our upcoming trip November 16-23rd at POR. My father booked both rooms (his and ours) when he made reservations.

My reservation does not show up on my own WDW account and does not show up immediately under reservations when looking at his account reservations page. I have to find myself under his family and friends and then my resort reservations are listed there (under my name).

Is this going to affect anything relating to Magicbands? Is there anything I should work on getting changed?

I know MDE *should* be able to figure it out but I don't have a lot of faith in the system. If I need to fix anything there I'd love to do it before our 60 day window hits - just in case.
Chime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:46 PM   #440
pigletto
DIS Veteran

I didn't have "Create Family and Friends List" before today, but they just did updates the other night so it makes sense it's there. I don't think it means anything at this point, as we don't leave until mid-December.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:58 PM   #441
babydoll65
please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmrothermel View Post

This is my screen as of today, now that I've made my selections. Maybe we will be seeing a 60+10 scenario, I hadn't thought of that. I just assumed that everyone's changed today.
I'm going that week too and we practically have the same schedule. We're arriving on the 10th. On November 11th were doing mk, 12th epcot, 13th hs, 14th epcot, 15th ak then hopping to hs for the Osborne Christmas lights then the 16th mk. Hope we all have a good week.

77,79,88 OS-89,92 FW-96 ASMo-05,07,09,11 POP-13 POFQ/POR-2015 POP

Dad-Mom-Son
babydoll65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 03:13 PM   #442
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chime View Post
We have a little issue (not sure if it's an issue) - but I'm confused on how this could potentially affect our Magicband testing.

We are traveling with my parents for our upcoming trip November 16-23rd at POR. My father booked both rooms (his and ours) when he made reservations.

My reservation does not show up on my own WDW account and does not show up immediately under reservations when looking at his account reservations page. I have to find myself under his family and friends and then my resort reservations are listed there (under my name).

Is this going to affect anything relating to Magicbands? Is there anything I should work on getting changed?

I know MDE *should* be able to figure it out but I don't have a lot of faith in the system. If I need to fix anything there I'd love to do it before our 60 day window hits - just in case.
You need to link your accounts. He seems to have set up an account for you on his page while you have your own account. Once you link, those two accounts will be one and you should be able to see all of the dining/hotel/FP+ reservations in your account.

If you have trouble linking just give the IT Help Desk a call. It is a bit too complicated to spell out here, but they were a great help when I had to do the same thing. I called the (407) 939-7765 number.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 03:17 PM   #443
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
When you are in the Family & Friends list on his MDE account, is there an Envelope with the word "Invite" next to your name?
Old 09-11-2013, 03:57 PM   #444
jmrothermel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll65 View Post

I'm going that week too and we practically have the same schedule. We're arriving on the 10th. On November 11th were doing mk, 12th epcot, 13th hs, 14th epcot, 15th ak then hopping to hs for the Osborne Christmas lights then the 16th mk. Hope we all have a good week.
I'll be the crazy lady with 5 kids in tow (one in a gray stroller), probably pulling my hair out :P. I hope it's a good week too!

It's crazy how alike our schedules are! :D
jmrothermel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:19 PM   #445
cclement
Earning My Ears

So I arrive in the 12th of November 62 days to go. From what I have read is that sales in all areas of Disney World are up because of the bands. This being said I can't see them around testing during the busiest post of the season and losing sales. Just a thought.
2009 Saratoga Springs
2010 Saratoga Springs, Jamba House
2011 Jamba House
2013 Kadani Village
Became DVC Member 2008
cclement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:47 PM   #446
wn01aa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Exactly what I wondered when I read that post.
I have heard on other threads people who already have MagicBands from previous testing in September and August and are going again in November are able to make FP+ reservations. Maybe it is for those "continued testers" so far.
wn01aa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:51 PM   #447
Chime
Filling in all available space - it's the Disney way!
Your basket tipping days are over my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseMomx2 View Post
You need to link your accounts. He seems to have set up an account for you on his page while you have your own account. Once you link, those two accounts will be one and you should be able to see all of the dining/hotel/FP+ reservations in your account.

If you have trouble linking just give the IT Help Desk a call. It is a bit too complicated to spell out here, but they were a great help when I had to do the same thing. I called the (407) 939-7765 number.
Thank you!

Quote:
When you are in the Family & Friends list on his MDE account, is there an Envelope with the word "Invite" next to your name?
Yes there is.
Chime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:15 PM   #448
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes there is.
Click on the Invite button next to your name. From his account you will need to enter your email address and then hit send. In your account you will get a notification that he has requested to link accounts. You need to accept this.

From there you can add all of the rest of you. Click on "Add a Guest" and then on the tab that says something like "Select from Mutual Friends". You will see a drop down menu with your Dad's icon (or he will see yours). Click on it and all of his Family/Friends should load. From there just add each one you need, one at a time.

Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions or need help.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:19 PM   #449
jce2
Mouseketeer

A bit of weirdness today: Now when I log in to MDE and click on FP+ for the first time it shows not one bit two sets of dates! The top row is the next five days. The bottom row is November 19-23. Then the second row disappears and the screen is overlaid with the standard "no none is you party.....". Any subsequent attempts simply lead to the FP+ info screen. My dates of travel are Nov 3-12, so the second row of dates have nothing to do with my trip. Weird!

WDW 1990, 1996, 1998, 2000, 2013
DL 1997, 1999
Next up? WDW in December 2014!!

jce2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:24 PM   #450
JaimeA
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jce2 View Post
A bit of weirdness today: Now when I log in to MDE and click on FP+ for the first time it shows not one bit two sets of dates! The top row is the next five days. The bottom row is November 19-23. Then the second row disappears and the screen is overlaid with the standard "no none is you party.....". Any subsequent attempts simply lead to the FP+ info screen. My dates of travel are Nov 3-12, so the second row of dates have nothing to do with my trip. Weird!
I have the same screen but my vacation starts 11/22 so I thought it meant something but I guess not. Very weird. Something is going on. Maybe within the next few weeks we will hear something.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

JaimeA is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: