Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2013, 07:30 AM   #406
babydoll65
please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas

Just reached the 60 day Mark. Was able to do online check-in but no magic bands It would be nice to try them but since I'm going during such a slow week getting on rides shouldn't be a problem. I usually don't do more than three fp rides per day anyway.

77,79,88 OS-89,92 FW-96 ASMo-05,07,09,11 POP-13 POFQ/POR-2015 POP

Dad-Mom-Son
babydoll65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:45 AM   #407
Letsbgoofy
Can live with dry heat
My Mickey waffle maker is a cheap park fix for me!
I like the scallops the best.

Quote:
I would think they would announce a date of a full roll out at least 60 days ahead of time, to give people the full benefit of booking FP+ 60 days out, plus MB customization.
I agree.

For all of you posters worried because you are not included in the test, this is my opinion based on my FP+ selection process:

I arrive 10/31 at Pop. I was able to customize my MB at least 67 days in advance (maybe more but I wasn't checking). The MB idea is good, assuming that they work where they are supposed to (opening doors, getting into the parks, buying merchandise). I have no dining reservations (QS plan) and I don't feel that MBs will really help with keeping that information together - you either have to have a smart phone (or Ipad, etc) or write down the reservations anyway. Same goes for any FP+ that you make.

As for FP+, I was not able to book any shows (and this is the weekend). Many of the attractions that I know are available for FP+ were not there to choose (they were in a section of other things to do and see). You pick your 3 rides, then have to customize the times if what they assign you are not to your liking. Very time consuming! I can see how in certain situations (like wanting to hop in the evening and having FPs in place) FP+ would be a benefit, it won't do much for our way of touring (non-hopping, early mornings, slower times of the year). We don't usually need FP in the morning, and often have given away our FPs for evening rides.

If the testers still don't have all the attractions open to them, I don't see how it could possibly open for everyone Nov. 1st. I also don't think that testing on 6 or 7 resorts (and only the people at those resorts who know about it) can give an accurate picture of how it will work once all resorts and all day guests are included. Think of the holiday crowds...

My personal opinion is that FP+ is silly. Even as I was making my FP+ choices for 2 adults I was thinking "How do I know what time we will want to go on that ride 8 weeks from now?" What if it's cold, will we want to ride Splash Mountain? What if I wake up with a headache, will I want to ride Rock n Rollercoaster that day?

Why fix what wasn't broken????
Register to remove

Old 09-11-2013, 08:00 AM   #408
Ciorsdah
Mouseketeer

I had to contact the Guest Services about something else ( I'm a UK guest) and when I enquired about the Magic Bands/FP+ for November ( I check in on the 1st of November into the Yacht Club) I was told that the testing phase was only until the 31st of October.

People who check in to the resort on or before the 31st of october, if picked to be part of the test, will have access to the magic bands etc for the duration of their stay. However those of us checking on or after the 1st of November there are still no plans to either roll out or test further.

She said that they would need to evaluate the data received from this recent test and take a call on whether to extend the testing phase or pull testing and start a full (but phased) roll out.

Sounds to me like us November guests will either have it all or nothing at all!!
Ciorsdah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:57 AM   #409
jmrothermel
Mouseketeer

A whole bunch of FP+ days opened up today (through 11/18) so hopefully it means they're loading more on to offer to Nov people :D
jmrothermel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:02 AM   #410
smallblackstars
Mouseketeer

To be totally honest, I don't think CMs have the slightest clue about what is going to happen. People are saying they were told testing would stop, others are saying they have been told more resorts will be added and others (including myself on more than one occasion) have been told that a full roll out to all onsite guests will happen before the end October/ beginning of November. The website states it will all be up and running before the end of the year and I am sure I read a statement saying they were aiming to have all resorts ready for testing by the beginning of the last quarter (1st October) Who knows what they will do? As annoying as it is (I don't mind either way, I just hate not knowing!!) we just need to sit tight and wait. I think that at this time even the decision makers about MB and FP+ at Disney might not know exactly what the next move is.

I also wonder if CMs/ people in the know are watching these boards and laughing at us all freaking out about it!!

Me (31), DH (26), DD (4), Ninja (2)

smallblackstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:41 AM   #411
TooBoyz4us
Run! The Tag Fairies are everywhere!
Please stop licking your monitor. It's hard to clean the smudges off, and electrocution sounds painful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmrothermel View Post
A whole bunch of FP+ days opened up today (through 11/18) so hopefully it means they're loading more on to offer to Nov people :D
See, this confuses the heck out of me.

I understand that current testing runs for certain guests who are checking in up to Oct 31st, and is good for the length of their stay.
However, if FP+ options are opening up as far out as 11/18, who are they for? "Most" people have an average Disney stay of a week to 10 days or so? Lucky ones, get 2 weeks.

But openings as far out as 11/18, is over two weeks from even 10/31 checkins

9/1997 @ CBR...10/2002 @ CSR ...9/2004@WL...9/2009@ CSR......
11/2013 @ POR

Last edited by TooBoyz4us; 09-11-2013 at 09:25 PM.
TooBoyz4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:50 AM   #412
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooBoyz4us View Post

I understand that current testing runs for certain guests who are checking in up to Oct 3st, and is good for the length of their stay.
However, if FP+ options are opening up as far out as 11/18, who are they for? "Most" people have an average Disney stay of a week to 10 days or so? Lucky ones, get 2 weeks.

Exactly what I wondered when I read that post.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:56 AM   #413
MrsPMC00
Mouseketeer

Disney sent a note to TA's yesterday. As of right now, testing is only planned for arrivals through 10/31.

"Guests are invited to participate in MyMagic+ tests based on arrival date and the Disney Resort hotel included in their reservation. Guests invited to participate in the next round of testing are those Guests staying at the Disney Resort hotels listed below with an arrival date prior to October 31, 2013:

Disney's Contemporary Resort
Disney's Pop Century Resort
Disney's Yacht Club Resort
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge & Jambo House Villas
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Disney's Beach Club Resort and Villas
Disney's Polynesian Resort
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside"

MrsPMC00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:00 AM   #414
Hunclemarco
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPMC00 View Post
Disney sent a note to TA's yesterday. As of right now, testing is only planned for arrivals through 10/31.

"Guests are invited to participate in MyMagic+ tests based on arrival date and the Disney Resort hotel included in their reservation. Guests invited to participate in the next round of testing are those Guests staying at the Disney Resort hotels listed below with an arrival date prior to October 31, 2013:

Disney's Contemporary Resort
Disney's Pop Century Resort
Disney's Yacht Club Resort
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge & Jambo House Villas
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Disney's Beach Club Resort and Villas
Disney's Polynesian Resort
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside"
Grr... Staying at CSR and arriving mid November... would have liked to try out the BOG early reservation option.

January 1979 Offsite; January 1992 POR; March 1999Honeymoon ; May 2002 CBR; May 2008 Offsite; November 2008 CBR March 2009 DVC SSR, BCV; August 2009 DVC AKV,BCV; December 2009 DVC SSR; February 2010 DVC BCV; November 2010 DVC BWV; May 2011 POP; March 2012 DCL Dream and POP; May 2012 POP; April 2013 DVC BCV; November 2013 CSR; Yacht Club, DCL Dream and BWV May 2014, SSR and AKV-Jambo September 2014
Hunclemarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:10 AM   #415
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmrothermel View Post
When I log on only dates through 11/10 are available. Do you have a November stay booked that would let you access a possible 60 + 10 scenario?
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:14 AM   #416
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunclemarco View Post
Grr... Staying at CSR and arriving mid November... would have liked to try out the BOG early reservation option.
BOG lunch ADR is what I was most interested in. We switched resorts from BWI to AKL which is on the list but we don't arrive until Nov 3

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:30 AM   #417
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseMomx2 View Post
When I log on only dates through 11/10 are available. Do you have a November stay booked that would let you access a possible 60 + 10 scenario?
52 days to check-in (Nov. 2) and I cannot access the recently available FP+. Does this mean WL will not be part of the test come Nov? I'm sure it must mean yes. And no. So I will wait. Checking MDE daily makes me feel like I'm doing something to make my vacation come faster.

BwoZoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:36 AM   #418
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoZoo22 View Post
52 days to check-in (Nov. 2) and I cannot access the recently available FP+. Does this mean WL will not be part of the test come Nov? I'm sure it must mean yes. And no. So I will wait. Checking MDE daily makes me feel like I'm doing something to make my vacation come faster.
It doesn't mean anything yet.
  • Only guests with a check in date before 11/1 can access FP+. During that time the WL is not one of the test resorts.
  • If testing continues into November WL may be added to the group...or it may not.
  • If a full roll-out happens before your check in date you will be able to access FP+ from any Disney resort (and possibly off-property guests too).
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:38 AM   #419
poohbear13
Yoda, Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooBoyz4us View Post

I understand that current testing runs for certain guests who are checking in up to Oct 3st, and is good for the length of their stay.

That is because I truly believe they will be rolling out full force come November 1st

2006 Aug.~ CBR 2009 July ~ CBR 2011 July~ POR
2011 Dec. ~ POR 2012 Dec. ~ CSR
2013 Nov. ~ CBR 2015 Jan. ~ POR

poohbear13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:46 AM   #420
scrappinginontario
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciorsdah View Post
I had to contact the Guest Services about something else ( I'm a UK guest) and when I enquired about the Magic Bands/FP+ for November ( I check in on the 1st of November into the Yacht Club) I was told that the testing phase was only until the 31st of October.

People who check in to the resort on or before the 31st of october, if picked to be part of the test, will have access to the magic bands etc for the duration of their stay. However those of us checking on or after the 1st of November there are still no plans to either roll out or test further.

She said that they would need to evaluate the data received from this recent test and take a call on whether to extend the testing phase or pull testing and start a full (but phased) roll out.

Sounds to me like us November guests will either have it all or nothing at all!!
I have an outstanding 2 day ticket associated with my band. (We were there last month and stayed at Pop so used bands then. AMAZING!!!!!)

Last week I had the option of choosing FP+ up to November 6th and just now it's opened until the 10th so the dates are slowly moving forward. We're going back to Disney on Nov 13th and using our tickets then and I'm 100% confident that we will be able to make FP+ choices.

For those who are hesitant or don't think FP+ is necessary, I encourage you to give them a try!

When we arrived in August our first park was DHS on arrival day. We walked in to the park at 3:30pm, walked over to TSM where the FP machines were long since covered up and the standby time was showing 120mins!!! We scanned our bands and were on the ride within 10 mins. I'd been excited about trying out the bands and from that second on I was 100% sold!!!

We used our bands for 11 days without any trouble and I cannot say enough wonderful things about them!

Excited to introduce more of our family to them in November!

Amazing Trips with DD: Nov 2014 (MVMCP with Nana & Papa), Sep 2014 (10 days with Cousins), Feb 2014 (7 night Eastern Caribbean cruise on Fantasy), November 2013 (2 days with grandparents), Aug 2013 (11 Mommy and DD days. Perfect!!), Nov 2012 (2 days AoA LM with grandparents and DN), Aug 2012 (10 awesome days with just the 2 of us!), Nov 2011 (2 days with grandparents), Aug 2011 (8 days with DN and Nana), Apr 2010 (3 days), Nov 2010 (2 days with grandparents)
scrappinginontario is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: