Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2013, 06:00 PM   #391
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Well jmrothermel's email from WDW did say "the next round of testing", not "the last round of testing" ... ok, admittedly grasping at straws here!

me DH DD23 DD12 DD9 Finnegan Daisy
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 Poly
maiapapaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:22 PM   #392
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

I am okay with FP- and no magic bands. I just wish I knew for certain. It concerns me a little, being we are in a non testing resort. That they will continue adding resorts but not ours and FPs will be hard to come by. It only concerns me a little though because I dont think the majority will participate during testing.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2013, 06:41 PM   #393
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiapapaya View Post
Well jmrothermel's email from WDW did say "the next round of testing", not "the last round of testing" ... ok, admittedly grasping at straws here!
That's the way I read it, too.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:16 PM   #394
jce2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmrothermel View Post
I got this email today (I'm a Disney TA )

MyMagic+ Tests - Eligible Guests

Guests are invited to participate in MyMagic+ tests based on arrival date and the Disney Resort hotel included in their reservation. Guests invited to participate in the next round of testing are those Guests staying at the Disney Resort hotels listed below with an arrival date prior to October 31, 2013:
•Disney's Contemporary Resort
•Disney's Pop Century Resort
•Disney's Yacht Club Resort
•Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge & Jambo House Villas
•Disney's Art of Animation Resort
•Disney's Beach Club Resort and Villas
•Disney's Polynesian Resort
•Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside

Participation in the test is optional. If your Clients do participate they will be asked for feedback on their planning and trip experience by Walt Disney World® Research.

So...it definitely has a hard "end" of Oct 31st. Can we expect a full roll-out Nov 1st then?

I'll keep you guys posted if I hear more!
That does NOT mean a hard end! There was a different list of resorts previously with and "ending" date in September. All October 31st means it that is the end of that list, not necessarily testing. There could just as easily be a new list starting November 1st that includes all those resorts and more which is in keeping with what the majority of folks have been told by CMs/IT.

WDW 1990, 1996, 1998, 2000, 2013
DL 1997, 1999
Next up? WDW in December 2014!!

jce2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:56 PM   #395
tnolan
Mouseketeer

Nothing new here but I just wanted to check in with the reply Disney sent me when I sent an email inquiring about MBs (we are scheduled for Pop Century Nov 15-23):

*We sincerely appreciate your interest in our exciting new My Magic Plus
service! Please know that we have not been informed of any further test
dates past October. Please keep checking!*

I am going to choose to believe that means the testing will be done and full rollout will be ensuing after that date.

When you wish upon a star...
tnolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:06 PM   #396
kaylasmom07
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post
I am okay with FP- and no magic bands. I just wish I knew for certain. It concerns me a little, being we are in a non testing resort. That they will continue adding resorts but not ours and FPs will be hard to come by. It only concerns me a little though because I dont think the majority will participate during testing.
This is exactly how I feel. I just wish I knew either way.

Nothing for me, but I'm not even at 60 days yet either.
kaylasmom07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:12 PM   #397
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixie View Post
I am still sticking with my original assumption.... They will quit testing through the holidays. Nov - Jan and start it back up during a slower time where it can be more controlled.
I am leaning this way too. Maybe wishful thinking on my part. I just can't see them trying to test this stuff over Thanksgiving and Christmas, or Pop Warner. I could be totally wrong, but that just seems like it would be a nightmare.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:27 PM   #398
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
I am still sticking with my original assumption.... They will quit testing through the holidays. Nov - Jan and start it back up during a slower time where it can be more controlled.
This is a fair guess, but it could also mean they want a full roll out before the holidays. The latter is probably less likely though, because it would be a nightmare.

I would think they would announce a date of a full roll out at least 60 days ahead of time, to give people the full benefit of booking FP+ 60 days out, plus MB customization.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:38 PM   #399
crazycatlady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post
This is how I feel. We are staying at WL (non-testing resort) and I am fine with not having FP+....as long as no one else has it.

August, 2014- Royal Pacific Resort
November, 2013- Wilderness Lodge
October, 2012- POP Century
October, 2011- POP Century
October, 2010- POP Century
October, 2009- Off-site Marriott Cypress Harbour
October, 2003- Off-site Marriott Grande Vista
February, 2001-Off-site Marriott Royal Palms
October, 1999- Off-site Marriott Cypress Harbour
crazycatlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:54 PM   #400
ftballfan7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooBoyz4us View Post
From what I have read about other who have received their MBs,the outside of the packaging is plain brown and non-descript.No Disney logo at all.
So it will be either your Magic Bands or marital aids - Either way a happy day!
Old 09-10-2013, 08:58 PM   #401
WuvEeyore
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftballfan7 View Post
So it will be either your Magic Bands or marital aids - Either way a happy day!
Old 09-10-2013, 09:02 PM   #402
jmrothermel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycatlady View Post

This is how I feel. We are staying at WL (non-testing resort) and I am fine with not having FP+....as long as no one else has it.
But some do have it. Those with magic bands can book FP+ in Nov. I can't select mine yet (not 60 days) but I can select them for dates prior to my arrival and every day a new day unlocks.
jmrothermel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:12 PM   #403
ftballfan7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This is possible, but Disney is prominently displaying on it's website that fastpass+ will be available "Later this year". This seems to indicate that a full roll out is expected "later this year". I see no reason to skip November and then do a full roll out in December, smack dab in the middle of the holidays. Only time will tell.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:22 PM   #404
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoZoo22 View Post
Hear, hear! My philosophy on this as well. An excuse to visit the Dis every day (like I need an excuse...)

I don't see myself using the FP+, except maybe for the day of. We are usually fairly loose with our schedule. Perhaps I will schedule them as we are on the bus heading to the park. That will be nice. No more running all the way to RnRC in HS to get a good FP.
This is my first family trip to Disney, so I've never used FP- even. The good thing is I'm not set in my ways either way. They both have positives and negatives to me. Honestly, I like the FP+ idea, but not the major advanced planning. Of course I also do not like the idea of running all around the park looking for a FP- kiosk either, so I doubt I would use FP-. I am hoping, like you, to be able to get some last minute FP's on the way in to the park.

April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 work trip DW Beach Club
May '01 work trip DL Grand Californian
May '02 work trip DW Boardwalk
May '03 work trip DW Yacht Club
May '04 work trip DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
CaraMiaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 06:02 AM   #405
smallblackstars
Mouseketeer

I don't think they will stop testing, that would make no sense at all. It is more likely that they will keep the resorts they have testing for now, keep adding resorts to testing or go resort wide. They have put in the new queues for FP+ and people that already have MB can choose FP+ into November already. I can't imagine that the number of people returning in the next few months that already have MB is all that high but there are a good few I have seen posting so that means they can't close the FP+ queues down all together, only shorten them and I can't imagine them having queues that only see a handful of people per day open over their busiest seasons. The way I see it, the ball is rolling and really, there is no stopping it now. The parks are pretty much 100% ready for MB and FP+ and it wouldn't make sense for them not to now utilise that. Another thing that got me thinking is the introduction of the Glow with the Show ears, if they are to have millions of people wear synchronised glowing hats by the 15th October, I can't see why they won't have MB rolled out by around then too, I assume the technology for both will go hand in hand. Anyway, enough rambling, I could be totally wrong!!! 67 days to go!!!!

Me (31), DH (26), DD (4), Ninja (2)

smallblackstars is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: