Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2013, 04:03 PM   #346
cra-z-4-dizney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylasmom07 View Post
Well to be fair I can see how if you have a check in date of October 31 you might still think this is the place to post. The majority of your stay would be in November.
thank you
Old 09-09-2013, 04:30 PM   #347
babydoll65
please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylasmom07 View Post
Well to be fair I can see how if you have a check in date of October 31 you might still think this is the place to post. The majority of your stay would be in November.
I understand, and it would make sense but the majority of people here want to know about anyone who's CHECK-IN date is November 1 or later. Alot of people here know that if you check in on October 31 that you would get it for the remainder of your trip.

77,79,88 OS-89,92 FW-96 ASMo-05,07,09,11 POP-13 POFQ/POR-2015 POP

Dad-Mom-Son
babydoll65 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-09-2013, 04:35 PM   #348
EMom
Comes from a long line of all fork hole pokers
I had the auburn haired Chrissy doll whose hair grew. She lost most of it in an incense fire. Don't ask

It seems November guests who fall into one of two categories are getting FP+ right now.

1. Your stay actually BEGINS in October and runs into November. So really, you are getting through via your OCTOBER FP+.

2. You had a previous stay at a resort which got FP+/magic bands and used them then. You are now "in" so your November stay is linked because of your previous stay.

I do not see anyone who does not fall under #1 or #2 above (a "fresh" November stay) getting FP+ yet. And I think that is what 99% of us are curious about.
EMom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:58 PM   #349
kaylasmom07
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMom View Post
It seems November guests who fall into one of two categories are getting FP+ right now.

1. Your stay actually BEGINS in October and runs into November. So really, you are getting through via your OCTOBER FP+.

2. You had a previous stay at a resort which got FP+/magic bands and used them then. You are now "in" so your November stay is linked because of your previous stay.

I do not see anyone who does not fall under #1 or #2 above (a "fresh" November stay) getting FP+ yet. And I think that is what 99% of us are curious about.
kaylasmom07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:02 PM   #350
kaylasmom07
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll65 View Post
I understand, and it would make sense but the majority of people here want to know about anyone who's CHECK-IN date is November 1 or later. Alot of people here know that if you check in on October 31 that you would get it for the remainder of your trip.
Oh believe me I am one of that majority. Just trying to make sense of why people with October check in dates keep posting.

Maybe Doug could update the original post to reflect what we're all looking for?
kaylasmom07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:17 PM   #351
wn01aa
DIS Veteran

Quote:

So this begs the question. If for some reason these 2 ways end up being the only way to use FP+ and the MagicBand in November/December (ie. no further testing, full rollout comes in January), how many would be willing to buy a ghost reservation in October for 1 night, have the bands shipped to them, and then use them for November/December. Depends I guess on how badly you want to have the bands. (hopefully November is added soon though).
wn01aa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:25 PM   #352
ammag
DIS Veteran

I doubt it matters but when I was linking my reservation with my mom's on the phone last week a CM said "when you get your fast pass plus you will be able choose rides for her as well" dates are nov 10-14

I want to make sure I am looking in the right section for the bands or FPP...on MDE where does it show up? Tomorrow is 60 days so just in case I want to make sure I don't mess it up lol
ammag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:28 PM   #353
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammag View Post
I want to make sure I am looking in the right section for the bands or FPP...on MDE where does it show up? Tomorrow is 60 days so just in case I want to make sure I don't mess it up lol
The 'Manage MagicBands' option will change to 'Personalize MagicBands' when you are eligible.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:31 PM   #354
StuckInKS
DIS Veteran

Quote:

So if we were to make a room-only reservation at POP for Oct. 31-Nov. 1 for MNSSHP, go to the beach for a week and then make a package reservation for AS Music Nov. 11-18 (picking our tickets up on the 8th and staying offsite or another RO reservation for 8-11) then we would be able to use FP+ for the 8-18 as well? This was one of the options we were thinking of but thought it would mess with FP+.
StuckInKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:48 PM   #355
wn01aa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckInKS View Post
So if we were to make a room-only reservation at POP for Oct. 31-Nov. 1 for MNSSHP, go to the beach for a week and then make a package reservation for AS Music Nov. 11-18 (picking our tickets up on the 8th and staying offsite or another RO reservation for 8-11) then we would be able to use FP+ for the 8-18 as well? This was one of the options we were thinking of but thought it would mess with FP+.

I believe you will get the bands since your checkin would be Oct 31st and they should work to get FP+ for your November stay.
wn01aa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 06:10 PM   #356
jce2
Mouseketeer

My check-in is November 3rd at AoA (a test resort I believe) and I haven't been to Disney in 10 years. I tend to check my MDE several times a day so as soon as my FP/MB goes active I will be sure to post. 54 days and counting!!

WDW 1990, 1996, 1998, 2000, 2013
DL 1997, 1999
Next up? WDW in December 2014!!

jce2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 06:26 PM   #357
BuddyThomas
Mouseketeer

This is only off topic because we arrive September 14, this Saturday, and I just wanted to let you guys know that we did not get the Fast Pass + invitation until two weeks ago. We customized our bands and then three days later, we received an awesome box in the mail from Disney---a fairly sizable gift box with Mrs. Incredible on the lid, and our two bands inside. It looks like they spent some money on this presentation. Very nice! But unfortunately we have not been able to make Fast Pass reservations because we are not buying park passes until we are down there.

BuddyThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:09 PM   #358
ammag
DIS Veteran

When the box comes does it say disney on the outside? The trip is a surprise for my daughter
ammag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:13 PM   #359
BuddyThomas
Mouseketeer

Not sure. It went to my partner's house and he had already opened it up when I got home from work. I will ask, in case someone else doesn't know.
BuddyThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:38 PM   #360
TooBoyz4us
Run! The Tag Fairies are everywhere!
Please stop licking your monitor. It's hard to clean the smudges off, and electrocution sounds painful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammag View Post
When the box comes does it say disney on the outside? The trip is a surprise for my daughter
From what I have read about other who have received their MBs,the outside of the packaging is plain brown and non-descript.No Disney logo at all.

9/1997 @ CBR...10/2002 @ CSR ...9/2004@WL...9/2009@ CSR......
11/2013 @ POR
TooBoyz4us is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: