Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2013, 11:48 AM   #331
cra-z-4-dizney
DIS Veteran

Never received an email, however today when I logged onto mydisneyexperience and clicked the magicband link, there was my invitation to customize my bands for our October 31st check-in We are beyond excited!!!! 52 days and counting!!!
Old 09-09-2013, 12:01 PM   #332
MrsBlovesDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cra-z-4-dizney View Post
Never received an email, however today when I logged onto mydisneyexperience and clicked the magicband link, there was my invitation to customize my bands for our October 31st check-in We are beyond excited!!!! 52 days and counting!!!
Woot woot!!! Sooooo excited for you!!!!!

Fell in love with the Mouse on our Honeymoon in 1992...been going ever since!

Last trip: March 2014 BLT 1 BDRM TPV
Next trip: Nov 2014 BLT adult only
Then: April 2015 BLT 1 BDRM TPV
MrsBlovesDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-09-2013, 12:48 PM   #333
Lorelei528
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
just got off phone with IT to fix one of our problems...she will be calling me back when its done! only on hold for 10 minutes!

I asked her about November arrival's getting MB / FP+ and she said they haven't been told as of yet if they will be released.

let's break out the it could be awhile before we find out!
Don't hold your breath...I don't know what issues you are having but I initially contacted them on Aug. 26th and they STILL haven't finished fixing our issues with our account/passes etc....

Just wanted you to know and not get disspointed as they told me they'd have it all fixed by Aug. 30th...

May 2014 (BLT), Dec 2013 (BLT/AKL), Sept/Oct '12 (AKV/DCL), Jan '11 (AKL),Sept/Oct '10 (AKL/BLT/DCL/BWV), Sept '09 (BLT), April/May '09 (BW/AKL), Sept/Oct 08 (POP/AKL), Nov 03 (ASMovies/AKL), Nov 01 (CBR), Nov 97 (Disney Village Resort), '87 (off property), '77 (CR)
Lorelei528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:22 PM   #334
jmrothermel
Mouseketeer

Just got off the phone with IT - our conversation was about my bands being shipped (my ressie cancelled because I overnighted a payment and it wasn't applied but anywho....)

Me: I just wanted to make sure my band order is being processed since my reservation was cancelled and reinstated, and that everything is still okay.
Him: Yes ma'am it is. I see the bands being processed right now.
Me: Okay, great. Now, I can use these for other trips after this one as well? (Ghost ressie to get the bands - questionable ethics I know )
Him: No ma'am, as it is right now you'll get a new set of bands for each resort you check in and out of, and all resorts will be live on the system by October 1st.
Me: Oh....ummmmm, I didn't know this. I thought they were reusable. That seems sort of wasteful.
Him: Well ma'am, they haven't made an official announcement about reusing them, but for now each checkin gets a new set of bands. We may know more after all the resorts are on the system after October 1st.

Sooooo, obviously in true Disney fashion we have no idea how true this is at all, but could be some good news for us November people!
jmrothermel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:32 PM   #335
jedijuhl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmrothermel View Post
Just got off the phone with IT - our conversation was about my bands being shipped (my ressie cancelled because I overnighted a payment and it wasn't applied but anywho....)

Me: I just wanted to make sure my band order is being processed since my reservation was cancelled and reinstated, and that everything is still okay.
Him: Yes ma'am it is. I see the bands being processed right now.
Me: Okay, great. Now, I can use these for other trips after this one as well? (Ghost ressie to get the bands - questionable ethics I know )
Him: No ma'am, as it is right now you'll get a new set of bands for each resort you check in and out of, and all resorts will be live on the system by October 1st.
Me: Oh....ummmmm, I didn't know this. I thought they were reusable. That seems sort of wasteful.
Him: Well ma'am, they haven't made an official announcement about reusing them, but for now each checkin gets a new set of bands. We may know more after all the resorts are on the system after October 1st.

Sooooo, obviously in true Disney fashion we have no idea how true this is at all, but could be some good news for us November people!
Happy happy joy joy fingers crossed!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

jedijuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:38 PM   #336
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmrothermel View Post
Yes, you will receive a new set of MagicBands with each room reservation.
Yes, they are also reusable. From the MagicBand & Cards FAQ:
Quote:
Q. Can I reuse my MagicBand or card the next time I visit Walt Disney World Resort?

A. Yes. If you have a MagicBand or card that you like, and it is in working condition, you can continue to use it when you return to Walt Disney World Resort.

MagicBands are currently being tested by a limited number of pre-selected Guests. Due to the nature of the test, we are unable to accommodate requests to participate.

If you have multiple MagicBands or cards, you can manage which ones are active in the MagicBand section of My Profile.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/fa...ure-visit-use/
Old 09-09-2013, 02:43 PM   #337
mitchwebb
DIS Veteran

I hope we don't need new bands for each checkin

POR 1 night
GFV 3 nights
BWV 1 night (garden/water view on waitlist boardwalk view)
BWV 3 nights (BWV view)

DHDD12DD15DD21*

mitchwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 03:03 PM   #338
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelei528 View Post
Don't hold your breath...I don't know what issues you are having but I initially contacted them on Aug. 26th and they STILL haven't finished fixing our issues with our account/passes etc....

Just wanted you to know and not get disspointed as they told me they'd have it all fixed by Aug. 30th...
well I've been lucky so far, we where having lots of issues getting our friends kids added, a mix up on resort ressies, etc. and everything has been fixed pretty much the same day...my only remaining issue is getting our Premier AP's added (they have 20 digits instead of 12) and I am still in the queue to be contacted by the special IT dept for that....lady I spoke to today said to keep checking back each week, all of those requests are put in arrival date order and since we don't arrive until 11/23 still have plenty of time!

I for one have had great interaction and responses from the IT dept, even sent a note to guest services in appreciation of one IT lady so not disappointed at all, just staying patient and looking forward to having a wonderful, magical trip with my DD and our great friends whether we get a MB and FP+ or not!

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 03:10 PM   #339
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
I for one have had great interaction and responses from the IT dept, even sent a note to guest services in appreciation of one IT lady so not disappointed at all, just staying patient and looking forward to having a wonderful, magical trip with my DD and our great friends whether we get a MB and FP+ or not!
I agree with this. The IT CMs couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. I have had to call them twice and, in both cases, they have been nothing but fantastic. My first issue was handled in less than 10 minutes. The second took longer and required being passed to an upper level CM, but it too was completely fixed by the time I got off the phone.

For those that have had great interactions with the IT department, please think about sending a note commending the CM(s) you have dealt with. People are often quick to complain but praise should be given too.

Off to write my note!
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 03:32 PM   #340
Richfield
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Never received an email, however today when I logged onto mydisneyexperience and clicked the magicband link, there was my invitation to customize my bands
Yay, finall...

Quote:
for our October 31st check-in
Richfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 03:40 PM   #341
kaylasmom07
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richfield View Post
Yay, finall...

I'm sorry but this just made me I got excited too when I first started reading that post.

I'm beginning to think that asking people to post with updates that only have check in dates starting in November might be a lost cause....
Old 09-09-2013, 03:54 PM   #342
My2CrazyGirls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylasmom07 View Post
I'm beginning to think that asking people to post with updates that only have check in dates starting in November might be a lost cause....
It is borderline rude that October people keep posting. This is the NOVEMBER thread so if your vacation starts prior to November 1 we really are not interested in your magic band strories. If we are interested then we will hop on down to the OCTOBER thread
My2CrazyGirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 03:58 PM   #343
kaylasmom07
Mouseketeer

Well to be fair I can see how if you have a check in date of October 31 you might still think this is the place to post. The majority of your stay would be in November.
Old 09-09-2013, 04:01 PM   #344
ktkerber
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richfield View Post
Yay, finall...

, , and finally !! I read it exactly the same way!!!
1979-Offsite, 1990-Offsite,1996-Dixie Landings, 2004-Pop Century, 2007-Coronado Springs, Feb 2009-All Star Movies, Nov/Dec 2009 Caribbean Beach, Jan 2011-Port Orleans-FQ, Dec 2011-Disneyland, Oct-Nov 2012 Caribbean Beach, Nov 2013 Port Orleans-Riverside
ktkerber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:01 PM   #345
cra-z-4-dizney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2CrazyGirls View Post
It is borderline rude that October people keep posting. This is the NOVEMBER thread so if your vacation starts prior to November 1 we really are not interested in your magic band strories. If we are interested then we will hop on down to the OCTOBER thread

well...the only reason I posted is cause I wasn't sure if everyone was "waiting" for the email...I was never contacted and would not have known i was eligible for the magic bands had I not logged on and checked...sooooo I'm just saying log on and check.

geez

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: