Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2013, 05:55 AM   #316
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

The discussion of whether or not FP+'s are a good idea is really not the topic of this thread. This thread is for the discussion of FP+ and Magic Bands for people who are checking into WDW resorts in the month of November.

There have been lots of discussion threads about the value of FP+. In fact, there is a new one here which might draw a bigger audience than a November thread will:

Is there a reason fp+ needs to be limited?

I'm one of the people who is hoping that MB's and FP+'s are available for our stay at WL in November. I'm hoping that good news comes out this week.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973

Last edited by Wood Nymph; 09-09-2013 at 06:19 AM.
Wood Nymph is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 06:06 AM   #317
smallblackstars
Mouseketeer

Seems this thread is wandering a little off topic, yikes!

Anyway, has anyone had any invites for November stays yet? I read a few pages back someone mentioning IT told them to check on Monday so I dropped in to see if there was any news. I don't see any as yet and I personally have no change on MDE but if anyone does let us all know please!!!

Me (31), DH (26), DD (4), Ninja (2)

smallblackstars is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-09-2013, 08:00 AM   #318
telecomguy
Agent P

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMom View Post
Trust Disney all you want. I can enjoy Disney without trusting them blindly. Others can verify from experience that their IT department is awful. Glitches on top of failures on top of screw-ups. FP+ is in the testing stages on a small scale and people are still experiencing a fair amount of problems. They are not ready to take it to full roll out.
I'm not here to defend Disney or anyone specifically, but just because you have had a bad experience with IT doesn't mean it's IT's fault. Having worked in IT for many years, IT is done what they're told to do. IT doesn't make money, it uses money made by others in the company. If the business comes to IT and says "I want this, do it", they do it no matter how horrible it will be. Even if IT tells the business that it will not work how they want it to work, the business will still tell them to do it. That is how it works in the corporate world when you have to deal with corporate politics. Then they're forced to support it. Most likely, the person you get on the phone in IT hates the fact that they have to support something that doesn't function properly. They can't fix it, and they can't really help you because they have to pass it up the chain to someone that can fix it. I've had this happen many times in my career, and trust me, it sucks for everyone involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMom View Post
And even if I thought FP+ was going to run as smooth as glass, it is a no-brainer that 3 FP a day is inferior to the 6-8 we usually pull. I do not see WDW handing out 6-8 FP a day through FP+. So our family loses with FP+ as soon as it rolls out.
According to the FP+ FAQs, you can still pull FP+ for rides you didn't schedule in the park. If that's another 3-5 FP+, that remains to be seen.

As others have said, there are other threads around with the information. I know they have tons of pages of posts, but I'm going to see if I can find some of the answers to my questions, since I have similar questions like you do.

telecomguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:02 AM   #319
telecomguy
Agent P

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblackstars View Post
Seems this thread is wandering a little off topic, yikes!

Anyway, has anyone had any invites for November stays yet? I read a few pages back someone mentioning IT told them to check on Monday so I dropped in to see if there was any news. I don't see any as yet and I personally have no change on MDE but if anyone does let us all know please!!!
From what someone else said about their October stay, they didn't find out until around the end of August, so they predicted sometime around 9/22 or 9/23.

telecomguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:17 AM   #320
kaylasmom07
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
The discussion of whether or not FP+'s are a good idea is really not the topic of this thread. This thread is for the discussion of FP+ and Magic Bands for people who are checking into WDW resorts in the month of November.

There have been lots of discussion threads about the value of FP+. In fact, there is a new one here which might draw a bigger audience than a November thread will:

Well said. It would be nice if we could stay on topic people.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:20 AM   #321
houseofmouse5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoZoo22 View Post
But I will, just for you, keep checking and let you know if there is a change!
Thanks
houseofmouse5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:21 AM   #322
houseofmouse5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post

I'm one of the people who is hoping that MB's and FP+'s are available for our stay at WL in November. I'm hoping that good news comes out this week.

Thank you, very well said
houseofmouse5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:26 AM   #323
Pills
Mouseketeer

See... I think November is a perfect test month for this stuff.

Why? There will be very few rides per park with over a 20 minute wait, and we experienced people (and people researching) know what they are. Planning on going to Epcot? Get FP+s for Soarin' and Test Track, and you'll rarely find anything else with a 20 minute wait.

I can understand people griping over the summer if they're limited to 3 FPs/day; that would be a major change to a plan. But, November? You may lose a half hour at most. I think we all can handle that.

Anyway, back on topic. My 60 days is on Saturday, but I don't expect to see anything change until the November announcement is made. One of my co-workers booked a January trip last week and was told that the full rollout announcement would be "in a few weeks". Lines up nicely with a late September announcement, so we'll see what happens.

11/13 - POFQ
Pills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:43 AM   #324
Mommy2TwoMickeys
DIS Veteran

We are 62 Days Out From Our Stay @ VGF & No Magic Bands Yet
Old 09-09-2013, 09:50 AM   #325
ccjmjzh
Earning My Ears

I just read what seemed to be some promising news on another thread. From MickeyMinnie1971:

" . . . I can make selections up until Nov. 7 even though my trip ends on Oct. 27th. Every day it opens up an additional day that I can make selections that is up to 60 days in advance."

I was under the impression that the FP+ window was *not* still rolling out; that it had halted at the beginning of November. Opening up FP+ for November dates is a step in the right direction. Fingers crossed!
ccjmjzh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:58 AM   #326
MrsBlovesDisney
DIS Veteran

Just reporting in.....arriving at the CR on Nov 1 (53 days out today), and still no options for MB's nor FP+'s.....

Fell in love with the Mouse on our Honeymoon in 1992...been going ever since!

Last trip: March 2014 BLT 1 BDRM TPV
Next trip: Nov 2014 BLT adult only
Then: April 2015 BLT 1 BDRM TPV
MrsBlovesDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:52 AM   #327
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

just got off phone with IT to fix one of our problems...she will be calling me back when its done! only on hold for 10 minutes!

I asked her about November arrival's getting MB / FP+ and she said they haven't been told as of yet if they will be released.

let's break out the it could be awhile before we find out!

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:04 AM   #328
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
just got off phone with IT to fix one of our problems...she will be calling me back when its done! only on hold for 10 minutes!

I asked her about November arrival's getting MB / FP+ and she said they haven't been told as of yet if they will be released.

let's break out the it could be awhile before we find out!
That is not the news I want to hear.

Has anyone who has a November check in date for a resort that is currently testing been able to order their Magic Bands? I am most interested in people who haven't been to WDW on an earlier trip and haven't received Magic Bands from that earlier trip. I'll refer to them as first timers, people who are hoping to get their first Magic Bands. If people in checking into test resorts aren't getting Magic Bands, then none of us will.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:34 AM   #329
Minniemedic
Earning My Ears

Fwiw...

We were originally booked Sept 18-24 at AoA. Had received our MBs & made all our FP+ picks. A little over 2 weeks prior to check-in, we had to push the trip back to November. We are now at POR Nov 17-23. I hadn't given much thought since we already had MBs and I thought I read POR was testing so I figured at some point I could make my picks.

Well, I just check MDE and my MBs are "gone" from the linked ticket part and I don't have the option to order new and/or select FP+ times. I can't even see the FP+ screen.

Who knows.
Minniemedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:36 AM   #330
Pills
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniemedic View Post
Fwiw...

We were originally booked Sept 18-24 at AoA. Had received our MBs & made all our FP+ picks. A little over 2 weeks prior to check-in, we had to push the trip back to November. We are now at POR Nov 17-23. I hadn't given much thought since we already had MBs and I thought I read POR was testing so I figured at some point I could make my picks.

Well, I just check MDE and my MBs are "gone" from the linked ticket part and I don't have the option to order new and/or select FP+ times. I can't even see the FP+ screen.

Who knows.
I don't think any of the external systems (the ones the public can see) have been pushed to November. I wouldn't be too worried about that yet.

11/13 - POFQ
Pills is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: