Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2013, 05:13 PM   #301
mikeeymike
Bringing Some Disney Magic to my Family!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickeymouse View Post

All I have to say is good riddance and shorter lines for the rest of us.
I go to WDW to be happy and do stuff with my family... Not to be angry and be mad about things I have no control over. Let's all take time to take a chill pill huh?

Next Disney Family Adventure: Nov 4-13, 2013 - DD#1 5 yrs DD#2 3 yrs - Pop Century Resort

2011 - Disneyland, family trip in December. DD#1 3 yrs, DD#2 1 yr, Park Vue Inn
2010 - Disneyland, family trip in August. DD#1 2 yrs DD#2 5 mths - stayed at Hojo Anaheim
2002 - Disneyland. Me + GF (now Wife) - stayed at the Westcoast Anaheim Hotel (now Sheraton Park Hotel)
1999 - Walt Disney World (April) with friends, stayed offsite

Last edited by mikeeymike; 09-08-2013 at 08:26 PM.
mikeeymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 05:38 PM   #302
Doug7856
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoZoo22 View Post
If they had it in September, they will have it in October and November too. Disney hasn't stopped MB use at any resort.
I believe BLT had a limited test in July/August, but is not currently using the MB.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-08-2013, 07:13 PM   #303
oceangirl
Mouseketeer

Look, everyone is entitled to an opinion and there's no doubt a lot of us are somewhat nervous about how and when this is all going to shake out. There's no need for negative, snarky responses like "good riddance". If you don't agree, fine. But being unpleasant to other posters doesn't help anyone. Just my opinion......
Old 09-08-2013, 08:04 PM   #304
EMom
Comes from a long line of all fork hole pokers
I had the auburn haired Chrissy doll whose hair grew. She lost most of it in an incense fire. Don't ask

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangirl View Post
Look, everyone is entitled to an opinion and there's no doubt a lot of us are somewhat nervous about how and when this is all going to shake out. There's no need for negative, snarky responses like "good riddance". If you don't agree, fine. But being unpleasant to other posters doesn't help anyone. Just my opinion......
If WDW succeeds in running off repeat visitors because of FP+ while simultaneously managing to keep the snarky, oh-too-happy to accept whatever crumbs WDW offers/"good riddance" crowd, Universal will be packed. But me? When I'm forking over thousands on a vacation, I actually have reasonably high expectations. I love WDW, but it's not.....and I know this comes as a shock to some......The Promised Land.

And if Universal gets crowded due to WDW refugees, I'll still be in good shape with my FOTL privileges.
EMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:20 PM   #305
drlaurafsu
Mouseketeer

I was able to select FP+ ride options for our Nov stay. We are arriving on Nov 8th and just staying at POP for the weekend. I did not try to request new MBs since we have already ordered some for our Oct trip. We also have SAPs but they expire the last day of our Oct trip...we will be renewing while we are there since we have to do it in the park (after the RFID conversion).

I'd really like to swap a HS ride option for Fantasmic...but haven't had parade or Fantasmic options for either trip.
drlaurafsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:42 PM   #306
jce2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlaurafsu View Post
I was able to select FP+ ride options for our Nov stay. We are arriving on Nov 8th and just staying at POP for the weekend. I did not try to request new MBs since we have already ordered some for our Oct trip. We also have SAPs but they expire the last day of our Oct trip...we will be renewing while we are there since we have to do it in the park (after the RFID conversion).

I'd really like to swap a HS ride option for Fantasmic...but haven't had parade or Fantasmic options for either trip.
I can only assume your ability to do so in November has something to do with the fact that you also have an October trip. I make this assumption because I just tried and failed (November 3rd arrival at AoA)

WDW 1990, 1996, 1998, 2000, 2013
DL 1997, 1999
Next up? WDW in December 2014!!

jce2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:53 PM   #307
kaylasmom07
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlaurafsu View Post

Thank you for the info! This seems consistent with what we've been hearing. It seems like once you've been given MB and have tickets linked like APs people have been able to continue to book FP+. Also early november dates seem to be loaded for people with late october check in dates. So far i haven't heard that anyone has been able to book for late november dates though.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:22 PM   #308
Vickmeys
Yikes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblackstars View Post
Is anyone else getting the option to pick FP+ selections but then having a window pop up saying something like 'We're sorry, you are not within your FP+ selection window'? I was getting something similar before but the pop up was saying an error had occurred and then it was fixed and not letting me see anything to do with FP+ but now it is giving me the FP+ window message. Wishful thinking perhaps but could this be a good sign???

I just wanted to add that we are staying at POFQ which is not currently participating in the test so the FP+ being linked to a reservation for there could be promising!
I have gotten this window. My stay starts Nov. 14 at Fort Wilderness cabins, keeping my fingers crossed!

Vickmeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:57 PM   #309
Vickmeys
Yikes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMom View Post
If WDW succeeds in running off repeat visitors because of FP+ while simultaneously managing to keep the snarky, oh-too-happy to accept whatever crumbs WDW offers/"good riddance" crowd, Universal will be packed. But me? When I'm forking over thousands on a vacation, I actually have reasonably high expectations. I love WDW, but it's not.....and I know this comes as a shock to some......The Promised Land.

And if Universal gets crowded due to WDW refugees, I'll still be in good shape with my FOTL privileges.
Let's hope Disney knows what they are doing . . .

Vickmeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:58 PM   #310
TooBoyz4us
Run! The Tag Fairies are everywhere!
Please stop licking your monitor. It's hard to clean the smudges off, and electrocution sounds painful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylasmom07 View Post
Also early november dates seem to be loaded for people with late october check in dates. So far i haven't heard that anyone has been able to book for late november dates though.
My worry is that if FP+ is available for those checking in during late Oct. with stays extending into the first week of Nov.............will there be any slots open for those of us checking in Nov 1st,2nd or 3rd ?

Keep in mind, having not seen the FP+ selection page, I am just assuming they could fill up like ADRs ?

9/1997 @ CBR...10/2002 @ CSR ...9/2004@WL...9/2009@ CSR......
11/2013 @ POR
TooBoyz4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:16 PM   #311
jce2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMom View Post

And you continue to make snide comments about those who trust Disney and expect things to work out all right. A real class act.

WDW 1990, 1996, 1998, 2000, 2013
DL 1997, 1999
Next up? WDW in December 2014!!

Last edited by jce2; 09-08-2013 at 10:29 PM.
jce2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:09 PM   #312
EMom
I had the auburn haired Chrissy doll whose hair grew. She lost most of it in an incense fire. Don't ask

Quote:
Originally Posted by jce2 View Post
And you continue to make snide comments about those who trust Disney and expect things to work out all right. A real class act.
Trust Disney all you want. I can enjoy Disney without trusting them blindly. Others can verify from experience that their IT department is awful. Glitches on top of failures on top of screw-ups. FP+ is in the testing stages on a small scale and people are still experiencing a fair amount of problems. They are not ready to take it to full roll out.

And even if I thought FP+ was going to run as smooth as glass, it is a no-brainer that 3 FP a day is inferior to the 6-8 we usually pull. I do not see WDW handing out 6-8 FP a day through FP+. So our family loses with FP+ as soon as it rolls out.

This is the real world. Disney is not Shangri-La. They are selling an experience for a LOT of money. For a lot of money, I expect..... a lot. It does not show a lack of class to express doubt when we have been given plenty of reason to doubt. It is not heresy to criticize a business decision by Disney. When I walk through the gates, I do not take leave of my senses. MY REALITY is that FP+ is shaping up to be something that will diminish our experience at WDW. Being able to get in my room with a bracelet and the few other benefits will NOT outweigh losing the 6-8 FP per day we were used to. For some, maybe FP+ will work to their advantage. But not for me and mine. It is largely to help the powers that be at Disney.

If WDW did FP+ and still let you pull regular FP when it is rolled out, I would likely be fine with that. But pretty much everyone seems to believe the regular FP will be a thing of the past. I liked the old FP system. Go to a park, pull FP if you want and leave them alone if you don't. Pull FP at one park and use them, hop to another park and repeat.

I see precious little about FP+ that enhances a WDW vacation for ME. And I see a lot of negatives. That's just being realistic.
Old 09-08-2013, 11:15 PM   #313
stickeymouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jce2 View Post

Clearly, some people's Disney loyalty is as thin as cheesecloth.
stickeymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:56 PM   #314
EMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickeymouse View Post
Clearly, some people's Disney loyalty is as thin as cheesecloth.
Are you serious? Disney didn't give birth to me or raise me. Loyalty????? Yes, I love going to WDW, but it is an entertainment/vacation destination WHICH I PAY TO VISIT. They are not my mother ship. They offer a service and people pay for it. Or don't. I am loyal to my friends and family....not an amusement park.

They offer me something and I will pay for it as long as it continues to be as good a time as I expect. If the experience is diminished too much, I'll spend my money elsewhere. There are a lot of places to visit in this world, you know.

Really? Loyalty? I guess that explains where we differ. Although we have been to WDW several times, I believe THEY owe US a good time. I don't owe them......except for the balance on our upcoming trip.
Old 09-09-2013, 04:42 AM   #315
Richfield
Mouseketeer

I'll just be happy to be there after 24 hours in planes and airports. People survived before FastPass.
Richfield is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: