Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2013, 10:39 PM   #271
jce2
Mouseketeer

I will enjoy Disney regardless of the FP situation

WDW 1990, 1996, 1998, 2000, 2013
DL 1997, 1999
Next up? WDW in December 2014!!

Last edited by jce2; 09-07-2013 at 10:41 PM. Reason: revised
jce2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 04:51 AM   #272
MrsBlovesDisney
DIS Veteran

Just went into MDE playing around (hoping there was MB info avail for our Nov 1st trip....nope). Went I went into "Reservations".....the following alert popped up.....

"One of your resort reservations needs attention."

Everything seems ok, but I will call. Do I call Reservations? Or should I call IT (I'm assuming those are two different numbers)???....

Fell in love with the Mouse on our Honeymoon in 1992...been going ever since!

Last trip: March 2014 BLT 1 BDRM TPV
Next trip: Nov 2014 BLT adult only
Then: April 2015 BLT 1 BDRM TPV
MrsBlovesDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-08-2013, 05:50 AM   #273
Doug7856
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jce2 View Post
I will enjoy Disney regardless of the FP situation
We will too!
Old 09-08-2013, 06:16 AM   #274
smallblackstars
Mouseketeer

We too will have a blast with or without MB and FP+. My main interest in getting FP+ would be for meet and greet locations as that is what my DD is most looking forward to and it would be lovely not have to wait over an hour for her to meet the princesses again! I have heard people say that for the shows, FP+ is a waste of time which is a shame, hopefully Disney will do something to address this. The other one that interests me is for the parades, anything that saves you from sitting on the ground for about 2 hours to keep that great spot can't be a bad thing, lol!

Me (31), DH (26), DD (4), Ninja (2)

smallblackstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:02 AM   #275
jce2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblackstars View Post
We too will have a blast with or without MB and FP+. My main interest in getting FP+ would be for meet and greet locations as that is what my DD is most looking forward to and it would be lovely not have to wait over an hour for her to meet the princesses again! I have heard people say that for the shows, FP+ is a waste of time which is a shame, hopefully Disney will do something to address this. The other one that interests me is for the parades, anything that saves you from sitting on the ground for about 2 hours to keep that great spot can't be a bad thing, lol!
Don't get me wrong, I am very definitely looking forward to FP+ and MB and of course I hope we can double dip and use the old FP as well. I just find it a bit funny (and ridiculous) that people stress so much about the form all this will take, some even suggesting they would cancel trips over it. As long as YOU the traveler go with the right attitude you WILL have an awesome time regardless of the system.
Personally, the FP+ I am looki g forward to the most is for MSEP. I know when my kids were small one of my daddy duties was to secure our spot. I would sit there for two hours! But every once in a while my kids wold wander by woth their mom and bring me treats and drinks so it was fine and leaves good memories. Like I said....Attitude!

WDW 1990, 1996, 1998, 2000, 2013
DL 1997, 1999
Next up? WDW in December 2014!!

jce2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:13 AM   #276
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBlovesDisney View Post
Just went into MDE playing around (hoping there was MB info avail for our Nov 1st trip....nope). Went I went into "Reservations".....the following alert popped up.....

"One of your resort reservations needs attention."

Everything seems ok, but I will call. Do I call Reservations? Or should I call IT (I'm assuming those are two different numbers)???....
Now I'm afraid to check MDE like I do daily

Hope every thing is ok!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:26 AM   #277
houseofmouse5
Mouseketeer

Oh my gosh, I am 64 days away! I am so stalking my MDE this is so crazy. Every day I log onto the computer and my first two things are check MDE to see if I anything has changed there then I head over here to see what all of you are experiencing. Is this nuts? I really wish those of you who are 60 days or less with stays starting in Nov would give us some good news.... anything even a morsel would be nice.
Well, hopefully in a few days I will be able to have some news

While I completely agree that FP+ will not determine whether or not we have a great trip I must confess I would be a bit disappointed if for some reason we end up in a window of time where they don't use it and then poof it's up and running after our trip. That would be a bit of a disappointment.
houseofmouse5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:31 AM   #278
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug7856 View Post
What resort?
Art of Animation! everyone in our group are staying at resorts who have already tested or being tested at this time!

I am going to call IT tomorrow to see when I will get my Premier AP's linked...been two weeks since I've been in the queue waiting for them...will ask about NOV and report back here!
Old 09-08-2013, 09:31 AM   #279
telecomguy
Agent P

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMom View Post
We are traveling mid-November. If the full rollout happens before then, we may cancel the trip. I simply do not want to be limited to 3 FPs a day. Big step down for us. Universal is more appealing by the day. Stay onsite and get FOTL to virtually every attraction. That is miles beyond 3 FP per day.
I'm pretty sure that you'll still be able to opt-out and keep just a KTTW card for regular FP usage. Until the FP machines go away, that would be when you have to use the MB and FP+. I'm concerned about how FP+ is going to work when you're in the park too, and if I don't know I won't be using it for our trip this year either.

telecomguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:00 AM   #280
telecomguy
Agent P

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoZoo22 View Post
Has there been any confirmation (like any of this is confirmed) that FP would be limited to three in the future? That may just be what they are allowing right now, and you may be able to get more later, particularly for 'day of' FP. And they are likely to still be issuing the KTTW cards along with MBs in November, so you will still have the traditional FP option in addition to your three. My impression is the FP+ is a bonus for resort guests to schedule the rides they know they want at the time good for their plans. With the old FP, you may or may not have gotten a FP time that fit your planned schedule.
The Disney World FAQ specifically says 3:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/fa...-reservations/

This might say in the future, but it specifically says 3 as of today. I can understand why they are saying 3, because if you let everyone schedule as many as they want, someone that goes to the park and doesn't schedule won't be able to get the FP they want and they'll be forced to wait in standby. My concern is, what will I be able to do when I get into the park that day. Will I be able to use a kiosk or the MDE app to pick up a FP for another attraction or show? Will it be just like if I strolled over to a FP machine and I got the return time on the board, or can I pick my own return time? Can I get more than one FP at a time, or can I only get one?

I did find this in the FAQ also:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/fa...ast-pass-plus/

But it doesn't really answer all of my questions. I wonder if a CM knows the answers to all of these questions.

Also - why would they allow KTTW cards in November and December if that becomes the "full roll out"? If they were giving KTTW cards during testing, I can't see them doing the same thing for "production" usage. That sounds to me that they would be allowing the double dipping of FP and I don't think people would be too happy when they took it away.

Old 09-08-2013, 10:02 AM   #281
telecomguy
Agent P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
I can't see Disney having full roll out of the FP+ system to all park guests, including off site guests, until 2014. They still haven't rolled out to the rest of the resorts, which is more than half of the total resorts rooms. And I don't think they have replaced the current paper ticket FP machines with RFID enabled ones yet. I would think that they have to replace the FP machines themselves before they can completely switch their FP systems.

So I think that anyone with a trip in 2013 will be able to pull FP's using their KTTW cards, whether or not they have Magic Bands.
I don't believe they are replacing the current FP machines with RFID ones. I'm pretty sure they're going away and the only way to get a FP in the park will be to use the MDE app or a kiosk where you scan your MB and then choose the FP you want.

Old 09-08-2013, 10:04 AM   #282
telecomguy
Agent P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nechville View Post
I hope they would allow you to get both kinds of passes, and I assume they will keep the FP- working for off-site guests, but I don't know how they could. Allowing all resort guests to double dip will cause fast passes to be taken up very quickly. I see them still giving the KTTW card in Nov and Dec if full roll out happens, but it not letting you get FB- too. I would guess they can deactivate that from them or the machine or something.
What would you need the KTTW card for then? Just to get into your room? I'm not sure that would really be worth them handing out the KTTW card, but I guess it is possible that your MB won't work. From what I've read, most of the problems have been with the RFID readers and not the bands themselves.

Old 09-08-2013, 10:04 AM   #283
Nixie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jce2 View Post
Don't get me wrong, I am very definitely looking forward to FP+ and MB and of course I hope we can double dip and use the old FP as well. I just find it a bit funny (and ridiculous) that people stress so much about the form all this will take, some even suggesting they would cancel trips over it. As long as YOU the traveler go with the right attitude you WILL have an awesome time regardless of the system.
Personally, the FP+ I am looki g forward to the most is for MSEP. I know when my kids were small one of my daddy duties was to secure our spot. I would sit there for two hours! But every once in a while my kids wold wander by woth their mom and bring me treats and drinks so it was fine and leaves good memories. Like I said....Attitude!
I am sorry, but I have to disagree. I don't think it is all about attitude. I should be happy to wait in a 2+ hour line just because I am at Disney?!?! The problem I have, and most people have with the whole system is we have come to expect a certain type of vacation from Disney. This whole system has flipped that. No one knows what to expect. People are getting nervous, and I for one, don't blame them. Our family has never waited in a line longer than 20 mins because we knew how to work the FP system plus always arrive for RD. This has been the same for whenever we go whether it be June or Dec or Nov (now we haven't gone Xmas week or Easter week). I don't think it will be a problem with this trip, but who knows what will happen after this whole thing goes live with everyone using it. I don't think it is ridiculous for people to ponder cancelling trips. My dollars and time are precious. I won't be spending them on a vacation that I deem not worth it anymore. If in the end, offsiters don't get to book FP+s until the day of and all the TSM FP+s are gone 60 days out, we will go elsewhere. Might sound ridiculous to some, but I don't buy tickets to Disney to sit on a bench. I buy tickets to Disney to ride rides. Now with all of that said, do I really think it will come to that?? No. I think that once this system rolls out fully people will learn it and will be able to use it to its full advantage just like they do with the reg FP right now.

Nixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:06 AM   #284
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofmouse5 View Post
Oh my gosh, I am 64 days away! I am so stalking my MDE this is so crazy. Every day I log onto the computer and my first two things are check MDE to see if I anything has changed there then I head over here to see what all of you are experiencing. Is this nuts? I really wish those of you who are 60 days or less with stays starting in Nov would give us some good news.... anything even a morsel would be nice.
Well, hopefully in a few days I will be able to have some news

While I completely agree that FP+ will not determine whether or not we have a great trip I must confess I would be a bit disappointed if for some reason we end up in a window of time where they don't use it and then poof it's up and running after our trip. That would be a bit of a disappointment.
No good news here and I am at 56 Days staying BWI

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:40 AM   #285
houseofmouse5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
No good news here and I am at 56 Days staying BWI
Shucks, we are at BWV, maybe no testing there? I think that is odd and disappointing. You can't even "personalize magic bands" yet? It seems like once I start to get a theory it is blown out of the water
Disney what are you doing? Inquiring minds want to know
houseofmouse5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: