Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2013, 12:19 AM   #256
LvsTnk
Disney Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitzybabes View Post
Here is a video,of what it looks like when you are Customizing your magic bands and selecting your fast pass plus on the Disney website. Start video 3:40 if you didnt want to watch the whole thing. http://youtube.com/watch?v=9sodSPfJ-JA
Thank you!
Old 09-07-2013, 07:04 AM   #257
kaylasmom07
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara8595 View Post
Not sure if this is helpful or not... I am renting BWV points for 11/1-5. I added that reservation# to MDE - it linked just fine. I already have MBs from previous trip to Pop in August.

A couple days ago, I was able to 'Check in Online' and schedule all my FP+s for each day of my trip. However, the selections were limited to only those attractions that currently use FP-. No shows, no fireworks, no character greetings, etc. I scheduled them anyways just because they were there, but if more is offered, I'm sure I will change some things around.

Conversely, I have a reservation for Thanksgiving as well at Riverside - no option for FP+ yet, no option to 'Check in Online' yet.

I actually can schedule FP+ for anytime this month and October, which means feasibly, I could be staying offsite and using my magic band since I already have one with an AP linked. I'm curious when the rest of November will open up - if I'm able to keep FP+ ability, we may stay offsite just to save some $$.
This is helpful. It seems a bit of a different situation for you since you already had your magic bands from a previous trip, as if once the bands are turned on they dont turn them off? I suppose it makes sense that the first part of November is added since the last check in date for the October test is the 31st. Still more waiting to do I guess.
kaylasmom07 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-07-2013, 09:39 AM   #258
wn01aa
DIS Veteran

Interested with this idea if it would work if there is no new testing in November/December. I have seen a couple people able to book FP+ for an arrival in November if they already had a band from August, September or October. While most likely a waste of money, I wonder if booking a one day ghost reservation in October at a testing resort (if your real trip is December and you never actually go there in October) would get a MagicBand mail to you for that ghost reservation that could be used for the real trip in December.

Lets hope for a full rollout or continued testing for November and December though.
wn01aa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:48 AM   #259
Cinderumbrella
Wench

We have a trip in early November to AKL (Jambo). When I logged into MDE it prompted me to make FP+. DS and I have magic bands from our trip to Pop last week. DH does not have one and he is coming with in November. It says he is not eligible for FP+, even though he is on the reservation (and it also won't let me order a band for him).

I expect it will straighten itself out in the coming days (if not, I will call IT and find out).

Just an FYI that it looks like rollout will continue into November.

Also, all 3 of us our AP holders. with linked passes. The last day it allows me to make FP+ is the last day of our trip, which is linked to MDE. We are exactly 60 days out from today.
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Cinderumbrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:04 AM   #260
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

a friend who is travelling with us for our thanksgiving trip spoke to IT yesterday and was told to "watch" for the invite for MB and FP+...there is hope everyone!

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:30 AM   #261
Doug7856
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
a friend who is travelling with us for our thanksgiving trip spoke to IT yesterday and was told to "watch" for the invite for MB and FP+...there is hope everyone!
What resort?
Old 09-07-2013, 06:17 PM   #262
Pills
Mouseketeer

Better than just watching.

I'm at POFQ 11/13-11/20. I just called WDW about making sure our flights were connected to the reservation. I asked, and I was told, that, YES, we WILL have Magic Bands!

11/13 - POFQ
Pills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 07:17 PM   #263
TravelE
Earning My Ears

I don't know if this information helps, but we have an October reservation at POR. On August 21st or 22nd (sorry, can't remember) we were able to book FP+. A few days later, we could customize Magic Bands. I believe that the whole month of October opened at that time for anyone checking in October 1-31 as long as your resort was testing.

So I think November should open up around the 3rd week of September. Good luck to everyone!
TravelE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 07:33 PM   #264
smallblackstars
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pills View Post
Better than just watching.

I'm at POFQ 11/13-11/20. I just called WDW about making sure our flights were connected to the reservation. I asked, and I was told, that, YES, we WILL have Magic Bands!
A CM kind of said this to me too, he said that I should watch MDE so I could customize our Magic Bands when the time came as we are staying at POFQ but he back peddled a little when I asked if we would definitely get them and just said to watch for updates on MDE. This was about a week ago now and was taken with a pinch of salt but it seems more and more people are hearing similar things from CMs. I am not that bothered to get MB and FP+ or not (if we get them great, if we don't, oh well, we will still be at the best place on the planet!) but I hate not knowing!!

Me (31), DH (26), DD (4), Ninja (2)

smallblackstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:53 PM   #265
Pills
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblackstars View Post
A CM kind of said this to me too, he said that I should watch MDE so I could customize our Magic Bands when the time came as we are staying at POFQ but he back peddled a little when I asked if we would definitely get them and just said to watch for updates on MDE. This was about a week ago now and was taken with a pinch of salt but it seems more and more people are hearing similar things from CMs. I am not that bothered to get MB and FP+ or not (if we get them great, if we don't, oh well, we will still be at the best place on the planet!) but I hate not knowing!!
Given the size of the testing so far, along with the announcement of Q1 fiscal 2014 (starting 10/1/13), I'm beginning to think that the full rollout will be on 11/1. The CMs may know about this already, and may not be able to tell anyone yet.

11/13 - POFQ
Pills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:21 PM   #266
EMom
Comes from a long line of all fork hole pokers
I had the auburn haired Chrissy doll whose hair grew. She lost most of it in an incense fire. Don't ask

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pills View Post
Given the size of the testing so far, along with the announcement of Q1 fiscal 2014 (starting 10/1/13), I'm beginning to think that the full rollout will be on 11/1. The CMs may know about this already, and may not be able to tell anyone yet.
We are traveling mid-November. If the full rollout happens before then, we may cancel the trip. I simply do not want to be limited to 3 FPs a day. Big step down for us. Universal is more appealing by the day. Stay onsite and get FOTL to virtually every attraction. That is miles beyond 3 FP per day.
EMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:38 PM   #267
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMom View Post
We are traveling mid-November. If the full rollout happens before then, we may cancel the trip. I simply do not want to be limited to 3 FPs a day. Big step down for us. Universal is more appealing by the day. Stay onsite and get FOTL to virtually every attraction. That is miles beyond 3 FP per day.
Has there been any confirmation (like any of this is confirmed) that FP would be limited to three in the future? That may just be what they are allowing right now, and you may be able to get more later, particularly for 'day of' FP. And they are likely to still be issuing the KTTW cards along with MBs in November, so you will still have the traditional FP option in addition to your three. My impression is the FP+ is a bonus for resort guests to schedule the rides they know they want at the time good for their plans. With the old FP, you may or may not have gotten a FP time that fit your planned schedule.

BwoZoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:45 PM   #268
Nechville
DIS Veteran

I hope you're right!
Nechville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:49 PM   #269
Nechville
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoZoo22 View Post

Has there been any confirmation (like any of this is confirmed) that FP would be limited to three in the future? That may just be what they are allowing right now, and you may be able to get more later, particularly for 'day of' FP. And they are likely to still be issuing the KTTW cards along with MBs in November, so you will still have the traditional FP option in addition to your three. My impression is the FP+ is a bonus for resort guests to schedule the rides they know they want at the time good for their plans. With the old FP, you may or may not have gotten a FP time that fit your planned schedule.
I hope they would allow you to get both kinds of passes, and I assume they will keep the FP- working for off-site guests, but I don't know how they could. Allowing all resort guests to double dip will cause fast passes to be taken up very quickly. I see them still giving the KTTW card in Nov and Dec if full roll out happens, but it not letting you get FB- too. I would guess they can deactivate that from them or the machine or something.
Nechville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:02 PM   #270
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

I can't see Disney having full roll out of the FP+ system to all park guests, including off site guests, until 2014. They still haven't rolled out to the rest of the resorts, which is more than half of the total resorts rooms. And I don't think they have replaced the current paper ticket FP machines with RFID enabled ones yet. I would think that they have to replace the FP machines themselves before they can completely switch their FP systems.

So I think that anyone with a trip in 2013 will be able to pull FP's using their KTTW cards, whether or not they have Magic Bands.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973

Last edited by Wood Nymph; 09-08-2013 at 07:30 AM.
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: