Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2013, 05:12 PM   #2656
gavvy
DIS Veteran

Hi

Can anyone help me -i've made a last minute booking in POP for Nov23rd today through expedia- have managed to link my booking in MDE and its let me personalize magic bands and says will ship soon - will this actually happen? given its so late, i am able to reserve fastpass+ as well, but am wondering if its actually too late to get the bands on check-in
gavvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:16 PM   #2657
jina
Mouseketeer

Just canceled crystal palace 11/11 2:35pm
jina is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-08-2013, 05:17 PM   #2658
jina
Mouseketeer

Sorry, wrong thread...
jina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:18 PM   #2659
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavvy View Post
Hi

Can anyone help me -i've made a last minute booking in POP for Nov23rd today through expedia- have managed to link my booking in MDE and its let me personalize magic bands and says will ship soon - will this actually happen? given its so late, i am able to reserve fastpass+ as well, but am wondering if its actually too late to get the bands on check-in
Since you are in the UK, they will not ship. If it says you can still customize, you can do that. If you can't customize, gray bands will be waiting for you at check in. Either way, you will get your bands when you check in.

How exciting that you get a last minute trip to DW!

BwoZoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:43 PM   #2660
gavvy
DIS Veteran

Thats fantastic!

Have personalized the magic bands- but decided to keep them gray anyway, was unsure how bright the other colors would be, am excited now!
gavvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 02:43 PM   #2661
Doug7856
DIS Veteran

OK! We're all set. I have our bands. Our FastPass+ selections are done...

BUT, I'm concerned. For two days of our FP+, I made changes and now they are duplicated. For one day at Epcot, I have
  • Test Track 2x's,
  • Soarin+ 2x's
  • Disney Pals 1x

For a day at Magic Kingdom I have:
  • Jungle Cruise 1x
  • Enchanted Tales with Belle 2x's
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad 2x's
  • Main Street Electrical Parade 1x's

I sent an email to Disney and they replied that I had to call tech support. I called tech support and they said that all of the selections are there and active including the duplicates. The tech person said that she was concerned that if she deleted any that they would all go away and said I'd have to get help at the concierge desk. When the tech person is concerned, so am I.

Has anyone experienced this problem? Any resolutions?
Old 11-09-2013, 02:47 PM   #2662
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug7856 View Post

BUT, I'm concerned. For two days of our FP+, I made changes and now they are duplicated. For one day at Epcot, I have
  • Test Track 2x's,
  • Soarin+ 2x's
  • Disney Pals 1x

• Jungle Cruise 1x

I sent an email to Disney and they replied that I had to call tech support. I called tech support and they said that all of the selections are there and active including the duplicates. The tech person said that she was concerned that if she deleted any that they would all go away and said I'd have to get help at the concierge desk. When the tech person is concerned, so am I.

If you go through the process to modify all, will it let you? When I had duplicates, one of them wouldn't allow me to modify.

Very anxiously awaiting our next Disney vacation, which could be either March, April, or May 2016, Oct or Nov 2015, or this spring, if I have my way.
Sigh.

April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 with work DW Beach Club
May '01 with work DL Grand Californian
May '02 with work DW Boardwalk
May '03 with work DW Yacht Club
May '04 with work DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
CaraMiaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 02:50 PM   #2663
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

Quote:

• Test Track 2x's,
  • Soarin+ 2x's
  • Disney Pals 1x

• Jungle Cruise 1x

Yep I have days like this too. I'm not touching it AT ALL!!!! I will only use what I need but I am not about to lose them in an effort to fix their mistake!!

Good luck!!!
Old 11-09-2013, 03:00 PM   #2664
Doug7856
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgetR3 View Post
Yep I have days like this too. I'm not touching it AT ALL!!!! I will only use what I need but I am not about to lose them in an effort to fix their mistake!!

Good luck!!!
Yes, the tech person made a point of telling me that I hadn't done anything wrong that this was a problem on their end.
Old 11-09-2013, 03:06 PM   #2665
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, the tech person made a point of telling me that I hadn't done anything wrong that this was a problem on their end.
Yes it is most definitely a glitch on their end. I just don't see how this will be ready to roll out January 5th or whatever.

The more you mess with it, the more it messes up I have found. I have more than 3 FP+ reservations on almost everyday although I truly only wanted 3 but at different times or attractions than what they were willing to give me. My biggest day is an Epcot day with 8 for each person.

And before I get bombed by negative Nellies, NO I don't plan to use these. It just kept adding instead of replacing.

Last edited by BridgetR3; 11-09-2013 at 03:15 PM. Reason: miscounted
BridgetR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 07:54 PM   #2666
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:

[*]Test Track 2x's,[*]Soarin+ 2x's[*]Disney Pals 1x

[*]Jungle Cruise 1x[*]Enchanted Tales with Belle 2x's[*]Big Thunder Mountain Railroad 2x's[*]Main Street Electrical Parade 1x's

Happened to us we have I have 2 test tracks for Epcot if they delete one I don't care a long as we have one lol here now just had earl of sandwich. Sippin on a piña Coloda.. Takin a break
Old 11-09-2013, 09:19 PM   #2667
Doug7856
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes it is most definitely a glitch on their end. I just don't see how this will be ready to roll out January 5th or whatever.

The more you mess with it, the more it messes up I have found. I have more than 3 FP+ reservations on almost everyday although I truly only wanted 3 but at different times or attractions than what they were willing to give me. My biggest day is an Epcot day with 8 for each person.

And before I get bombed by negative Nellies, NO I don't plan to use these. It just kept adding instead of replacing.
My question is are they really there or are they some sore of "ghost" FP? Again, not that I plan to use all of these, I just want to use the correct one. If they are real, I might go to the one that was cancelled and not be able to ride.

Maybe I'm overthinking this thing.
Old 11-09-2013, 09:27 PM   #2668
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My question is are they really there or are they some sore of "ghost" FP? Again, not that I plan to use all of these, I just want to use the correct one. If they are real, I might go to the one that was cancelled and not be able to ride.

Maybe I'm overthinking this thing.
Most, if not all, of my extras are "ghost" FPs. If you click on them individually to change them, they do not show up on the next page. However, when you go back to the FP+ for that day, they are still there. It's going to be difficult to remember which ones are good and which ones are not.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:33 PM   #2669
OurDogCisco
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Omgosh.. .this is so disappointing to hear. I'm not mad at you but Disney. So, don't take this post the wrong way. We do not have FP+ because our tickets cannot be converted until we arrive. Apparently, they are too old. I can't believe I'm going Thanksgiving week. I'll keep an open mind but when you hear stuff like this it makes you want to scream. I hope it is just a computer issue and not that an actual FP has been subtracted from the pool. What is going to happen when you mess up and come back at the wrong time. That could possibly make it confusing for you as well.
OurDogCisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 09:42 PM   #2670
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurDogCisco View Post
Omgosh.. .this is so disappointing to hear. I'm not mad at you but Disney. So, don't take this post the wrong way. We do not have FP+ because our tickets cannot be converted until we arrive. Apparently, they are too old. I can't believe I'm going Thanksgiving week. I'll keep an open mind but when you hear stuff like this it makes you want to scream. I hope it is just a computer issue and not that an actual FP has been subtracted from the pool. What is going to happen when you mess up and come back at the wrong time. That could possibly make it confusing for you as well.
I agree!!!! I hate it as well because I honestly don't want all of those FPs and truthfully won't use them. I just needed to move times around from those given to me by Disney which resulted in 6 for everyone (the 3 original and the 3 new ones) and then had to reschedule a meal and moved them around again to accommodate that and voila, I had 3 more.

I do think that the old ones are "fake" because if I click on them to change or delete them, I'm not allowed to do anything with them. I actually had one disappear while messing with it so now only have 8. It acts like they don't exist but on my plans and on my FP+ page they still show up. Yes I will likely get confused and show up at the wrong time at least once.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: