Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-26-2013, 12:44 PM   #2611
jwilks56
Mouseketeer
 
jwilks56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 103

Does anyone know if all Magicbands are shipped? I bought my tickets will call so I am wondering if I am going to also pick up Magicbands at Will Call.
__________________
Going December 2013. Families first trip.
jwilks56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 01:16 PM   #2612
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran
 
BwoZoo22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Nevada
Posts: 645

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilks56 View Post
Does anyone know if all Magicbands are shipped? I bought my tickets will call so I am wondering if I am going to also pick up Magicbands at Will Call.
MBs are connected to room reservations, not tickets. If you are staying in a Disney resort you will be able to get them. They ship the day after your personalization timeframe closes. If you live in the US. Otherwise the front desk will hold them for you. For will call tickets, you can have those linked to your MDE account, and therefore your MBs, when you pick them up.
__________________


BwoZoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-26-2013, 01:21 PM   #2613
Doug7856
DIS Veteran

 
Doug7856's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: SSR
Posts: 1,798

My last day to customize was Thursday. Today I received an email that they shipped. When I went to the UPS tracking site, it says they won't be delivered until Tuesday. Are they no longer sending them overnight? I realize that UPS doesn't deliver on Saturday or Sunday, but I would have thought they would deliver on Monday.
__________________
Doug
Doug7856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 01:25 PM   #2614
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran
 
MouseMomx2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug7856 View Post
My last day to customize was Thursday. Today I received an email that they shipped. When I went to the UPS tracking site, it says they won't be delivered until Tuesday. Are they no longer sending them overnight? I realize that UPS doesn't deliver on Saturday or Sunday, but I would have thought they would deliver on Monday.
They are being sent overnight, but not on weekend days. Your bands will ship on Monday and you will get them Tuesday. You got the notice because the package is prepped and ready...it just won't actually start on its way to you until Monday.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 01:30 PM   #2615
Doug7856
DIS Veteran

 
Doug7856's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: SSR
Posts: 1,798

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseMomx2 View Post
They are being sent overnight, but not on weekend days. Your bands will ship on Monday and you will get them Tuesday. You got the notice because the package is prepped and ready...it just won't actually start on its way to you until Monday.
Makes sense. I guess UPS has received the shipping information electronically so it's in their system.
__________________
Doug
Doug7856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 07:12 PM   #2616
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran
 
disneyfantotheend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,685

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissStitch626 View Post
17 days to go and no invite - though we were able to customise bands and make FP+ selections weeks ago I'm assuming I have nothing to worry about with not having received an invited but I'm pretty much going on the basis that if I arrive and I have my bands waiting then great, if not then no worries. I am stalking MDE every day for a Wishes FP+ though!
We didn't get an invite either. Hoping it all works out when we get there. We have our bands and FPs are booked. We shall see.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 12:27 AM   #2617
lshaff3
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3

Does anyone have an idea how baby swap will work with fp+?
lshaff3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 05:18 AM   #2618
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Just East of Toronto
Posts: 7,141

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissStitch626 View Post
17 days to go and no invite - though we were able to customise bands and make FP+ selections weeks ago

I'm assuming I have nothing to worry about with not having received an invited but I'm pretty much going on the basis that if I arrive and I have my bands waiting then great, if not then no worries.
!
Your bands will be waiting for you.

We are Canadian and we tested in August and October. Both times we customized our bands without an invitation. Our bands were at the resort upon arrival.
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:10 AM   #2619
heidihoho50
Earning My Ears
 
heidihoho50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Steeler Nation
Posts: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset7132 View Post
We are coming down in 13 days and still havent seen ANY parades for fast pass plus.. looking at MK and AK everyday still nothing. anyone else having this problem??
Me too! I have been checking daily!
heidihoho50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:58 AM   #2620
sunset7132
DIS Veteran
 
sunset7132's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 1,023

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidihoho50 View Post

Me too! I have been checking daily!
I think going so early in the month will leave us with last minute rescheduling of parades. That's what we want most is parades
__________________
sunset7132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 08:50 AM   #2621
Chime
Filling in all available space - it's the Disney way!
Your basket tipping days are over my friend!
 
Chime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Iowa
Posts: 234

We're leaving on 11/16 and I've been checking daily for the FP+ for parades as well. Nothing yet. That's the one I care most about so I hope they show up for us soon.
Chime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 11:32 AM   #2622
OurDogCisco
DIS Veteran
 
OurDogCisco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: 2,905 miles away from WDW
Posts: 3,946

Anyone going Thanksgiving week? Can you check on availability of fastpasses plus for me? We have tickets but they are super old from 2006. We've been to WDW many times since 2006 but we've always bought annual passes. This year we'll only be able to go once so, we decided to use up these passes. We have 6 days left. But since the tickets are old they are not convertible and trust me I tried to convert them with the IT department. So, my options were to buy new tickets (no way), convert to FP+ when we arrive or don't use FP+. I'm undecided right now based on some of the feedback. So, are there any good times available for TSM, Soaring and Test Track?
OurDogCisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 11:41 AM   #2623
4luv2cdisney
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 657

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurDogCisco View Post
Anyone going Thanksgiving week? Can you check on availability of fastpasses plus for me? We have tickets but they are super old from 2006. We've been to WDW many times since 2006 but we've always bought annual passes. This year we'll only be able to go once so, we decided to use up these passes. We have 6 days left. But since the tickets are old they are not convertible and trust me I tried to convert them with the IT department. So, my options were to buy new tickets (no way), convert to FP+ when we arrive or don't use FP+. I'm undecided right now based on some of the feedback. So, are there any good times available for TSM, Soaring and Test Track?
I've been messing with my FP+ times the last couple of days and haven't noticed any times being "gone".
__________________
Me DH DD 16 DD 12
Summer 1992 - Offsite - "We're Engaged" trip ~ 2/2001 - Offsite - DD's first trip (planned in 24 hrs!) ~ 2/2005 - POP - other DD's first trip
2/2007 - POP - Grand Gathering ~ 4/2008 - POR - "Can't wait 'til Nov" trip ~ 11/2008 - ASMu - Thanksgiving Grand Gathering
11/2009 - CBR - back again for Thanksgiving! ~ 3/2011 - POP - Spring Break ~ 11/2013 - POR - Thanksgiving - Who's coming with us?!
4luv2cdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 11:46 AM   #2624
scjo68
DIS Veteran
 
scjo68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 1,326

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4luv2cdisney View Post

I've been messing with my FP+ times the last couple of days and haven't noticed any times being "gone".
I will be there Thanksgiving week as well.
I am still able to change my fp times also. At this time I don't think anything is booked up.
__________________
Jan. 2003 POR, Jan. 2004 POR, Jan. 2006 POR, Jan. 2007 POFQ, Jan. 2008 POFQ
Aug. 2009 Poly, Aug. 2010 CR (Family of the day/ Hospitality Suite)
Aug. 2011 Poly, Aug. 2012 POFQ, Jan. 2013 POR
Aug. 2013 POP, Nov. 2013 CR, Aug. 2014 POP
scjo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 01:25 PM   #2625
Doug7856
DIS Veteran

 
Doug7856's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: SSR
Posts: 1,798

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurDogCisco View Post
Anyone going Thanksgiving week? Can you check on availability of fastpasses plus for me? We have tickets but they are super old from 2006. We've been to WDW many times since 2006 but we've always bought annual passes. This year we'll only be able to go once so, we decided to use up these passes. We have 6 days left. But since the tickets are old they are not convertible and trust me I tried to convert them with the IT department. So, my options were to buy new tickets (no way), convert to FP+ when we arrive or don't use FP+. I'm undecided right now based on some of the feedback. So, are there any good times available for TSM, Soaring and Test Track?
Like the previous replies, I've not had any problems moving things around during Thanksgiving week. I use easyWDW.com for picking our park days. Interestingly, we have Thanksgiving Day planned at DHS -- and that is the only day of the week that DHS closes at 8 pm. I'm hoping that's an indicator that they expect the crowds at other locations.
__________________
Doug
Doug7856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: