Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2013, 09:09 PM   #2566
bubsy
Earning My Ears

Sorry if this is a silly question, but here it goes. Will we get KTTK cards if we bought our tickets from UT, provided they are still issuing them when we check-in in 2 weeks (I've already linked the tickets to MDE)?
bubsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:12 PM   #2567
ras1121
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaseblossom View Post
I was told the same thing via e-mail when I gave my feedback on the new 3-fastpass maximum. I hate the whole idea - we are park commando type and will speedwalk from Splash to Space 5 times a day if that's what we have to do to get a particular ride out of our system. Damn the blisters, full speed ahead. We don't pay $3-5K to ride three rides a day. I just don't get what was wrong with the old system?
I completely agree with you.
ras1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-23-2013, 09:26 PM   #2568
tinkerpea
DIS Veteran

I also really hope that rumour is not true
Since I've made my FP+ selections now only because we was told we could still have the normal FP too!
I can't see them being able up just stop FP pulling during the trial without some proper advanced notification so we can make an informed choice!

Me 29,DH 33,DS 12, DS"Twins"9
tinkerpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:15 PM   #2569
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Does anyone here know the answer to this? It says our bands have now shipped to the resort ( we are in Canada), but if we switch resorts at this point what would happen to our already shipped magic bands and FP+ that we ave made?
Old 10-24-2013, 12:10 AM   #2570
skriegerjr
Monorail Maven

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3
Does anyone here know the answer to this? It says our bands have now shipped to the resort ( we are in Canada), but if we switch resorts at this point what would happen to our already shipped magic bands and FP+ that we ave made?
Nothing would happen, MB have rolled out to all resorts at this point in time!

Sent from my rooted Samsung Galaxy SIII using the DISBoards app

"Any review by me is based on my own personal experience and isn't necessarily indicative of similar experiences in the future, for myself or for other guests. Please use the review at your own risk, and know that it is worth exactly what you paid for it..."

skriegerjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:22 AM   #2571
tnolan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto2inKC View Post
The crease really bugs me in my band ! Today I placed a heavy book on it for a few hours and now it feels MUCH better when I put it on. The kids had me do theirs too.
I went the opposite way with mine, concerning the not quite perfect fit. I curled it a bit tighter before putting it back in the box, making it more of a round, and now it curves around my wrist the way I want. But I agree, they do seem to need some kind of *adjustment* to make them more comfortable.

~Thanks to ArielRae for above characters!~
tnolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:14 AM   #2572
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skriegerjr View Post
Nothing would happen, MB have rolled out to all resorts at this point in time!

Sent from my rooted Samsung Galaxy SIII using the DISBoards app
So they would just send our bands on to whatever resort we switch too?
Old 10-24-2013, 07:18 AM   #2573
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
So they would just send our bands on to whatever resort we switch too?
They probably could/would if they were customized already anyways.
If not, they would issue you the grey bands.
Disneylover99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:20 AM   #2574
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylover99 View Post
They probably could/would if they were customized already anyways.
If not, they would issue you the grey bands.
Yep they are customized already and I received the email that they have shipped. Thanks for the info!
Old 10-24-2013, 07:42 AM   #2575
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubsy View Post
Sorry if this is a silly question, but here it goes. Will we get KTTK cards if we bought our tickets from UT, provided they are still issuing them when we check-in in 2 weeks (I've already linked the tickets to MDE)?
A KTTW (Key to the World) card is the room key that they have been handing out to resort guests for years. The KTTW card has held the room key and tickets purchased through Disney during all that time. Charging privileges have been included on the KTTW card for years, too. Everyone in the resort room gets a KTTW card.

I don't know if the ticket that you purchased from Undercover Tourist will be on the KTTW. In the past the answer would be no. But if the KTTW now has the same info as the MB, then maybe the answer is yes. It is a good question that maybe someone else can answer.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:31 AM   #2576
aym4Him
DIS Veteran

I don't know about you, but I definitely do NOT want to be part of that 2nd test!!!!

Disney's MyMagic+ system doing more testing

Leah Zanolla | Posted: Oct 23, 2013 | Updated: Oct 23, 2013 - 12:56:49 PM
As we get closer to the full roll-out of Walt Disney World's new MyMagic+ system, more and more tests are taking place. This week, the bands will be tested during Extra Magic Hours at Disney's Hollywood Studios on October 25, 27 and November 2. Guests with MagicBands will check in with a cast member using a handheld reader outside of the turnstiles. This will verify that they are indeed resort guests and they will then proceed through the turnstiles. When entering each attraction, the MagicBands will need to be touched to a handheld device one more time before the guests can gain entrance. For resort guests who do not have a MagicBand, they will be able to show their Key to the World cards like normal.

The other test going on will be to actually eliminate the Key to the World cards for select guests. These guests will use only the MagicBand for their park tickets, room key, FastPass+ ticket and to charge to their resort account. This test will begin October 27, but it is unclear how the guests will be selected. Currently, guests receiving MagicBands are also given a Key to the World card, which has enabled users to utilize both FastPass+ and the regular FastPass tickets.

Ethan's Magical MAW PTR (November 11-17; extending to the 20th!, 2012)

Shh! It's surprise! "Darth Ethan's Return to the Kingdom 2013" Pop Century November 11-19th
Happy Wishiversary, Ethan!
aym4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:02 PM   #2577
Nechville
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aym4Him View Post
I don't know about you, but I definitely do NOT want to be part of that 2nd test!!!!

Disney's MyMagic+ system doing more testing

Leah Zanolla | Posted: Oct 23, 2013 | Updated: Oct 23, 2013 - 12:56:49 PM
As we get closer to the full roll-out of Walt Disney World's new MyMagic+ system, more and more tests are taking place. This week, the bands will be tested during Extra Magic Hours at Disney's Hollywood Studios on October 25, 27 and November 2. Guests with MagicBands will check in with a cast member using a handheld reader outside of the turnstiles. This will verify that they are indeed resort guests and they will then proceed through the turnstiles. When entering each attraction, the MagicBands will need to be touched to a handheld device one more time before the guests can gain entrance. For resort guests who do not have a MagicBand, they will be able to show their Key to the World cards like normal.

The other test going on will be to actually eliminate the Key to the World cards for select guests. These guests will use only the MagicBand for their park tickets, room key, FastPass+ ticket and to charge to their resort account. This test will begin October 27, but it is unclear how the guests will be selected. Currently, guests receiving MagicBands are also given a Key to the World card, which has enabled users to utilize both FastPass+ and the regular FastPass tickets.
Eek! Me either. Where did you get this? It seems there have been several reports with that date. I know I've said this before but I hate not knowing what is going on!
Nechville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:59 PM   #2578
aym4Him
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nechville View Post
Eek! Me either. Where did you get this? It seems there have been several reports with that date. I know I've said this before but I hate not knowing what is going on!
I get daily updates from the Dis via email.

Ethan's Magical MAW PTR (November 11-17; extending to the 20th!, 2012)

Shh! It's surprise! "Darth Ethan's Return to the Kingdom 2013" Pop Century November 11-19th
Happy Wishiversary, Ethan!
aym4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 02:00 PM   #2579
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Just what I was saying, except I didn't know it was going to be random and not everyone! Please don't let them pick us!!!!!! By November 14TH, they may pick everyone. I am going prepared to only have three FPs, just in case.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 02:18 PM   #2580
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

OK, we just got our invitation to participate and we are staying at Saratoga Springs (DVC members) over Thanksgiving. Yes, we are going to participate because I already have it all linked, band selected, and tickets linked. I did notice this at the bottom of the invitation e-mail:

Quote:
**FastPass+ experiences, the number of selections you can make and arrival windows are limited.
It does NOT say 3, which confirms what my relative who is working with FP+ told me, that three is the first number and it WILL change eventually.

It also doesn't say we are losing access to the legacy FP system.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: