Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2013, 04:17 PM   #2551
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

My e-mail was sent from Disney at 4:17 a.m. this morning and my magic bands were here at 9:32 a.m. for our checkin on Nov. 21.

To me they are a little oddly shaped. Not quite round so it hits against my wrist a lot.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:20 PM   #2552
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post
Not sure if this has been discussed, but did everyone see that people with FP+ will no longer have use of FP- after October 27TH?
I hope this isnt true. 3 fast pass isnt enough especially when they dont have all the attractions listed. I was hoping to go before that happened.
Register to remove

Old 10-23-2013, 04:31 PM   #2553
My2CrazyGirls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgetR3 View Post
My e-mail was sent from Disney at 4:17 a.m. this morning and my magic bands were here at 9:32 a.m. for our checkin on Nov. 21.

To me they are a little oddly shaped. Not quite round so it hits against my wrist a lot.
Me too! Got bands today for Nov 21 and bands r oddly shaped!
My2CrazyGirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 04:33 PM   #2554
Jen0504
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset7132 View Post
I hope this isnt true. 3 fast pass isnt enough especially when they dont have all the attractions listed. I was hoping to go before that happened.
This is NOT true! I was worried because we leave in less than 3 weeks, and we have family meeting us for a couple of days. We have Magic Bands and FP+, and our family members will not. I just called Disney, and spoke to a castmember AND she double checked with her supervisor. She said that this whole thing about not getting the old Fastpasses after Oct. 27th is a complete rumor. She said that we will also be getting a KTTW card, and will still be able to utilize the old Fastpass system even though we have FP+. She said not to believe anything unless it is officially released by Disney.
Old 10-23-2013, 05:31 PM   #2555
momto2inKC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgetR3 View Post
My e-mail was sent from Disney at 4:17 a.m. this morning and my magic bands were here at 9:32 a.m. for our checkin on Nov. 21. To me they are a little oddly shaped. Not quite round so it hits against my wrist a lot.
The crease really bugs me in my band ! Today I placed a heavy book on it for a few hours and now it feels MUCH better when I put it on. The kids had me do theirs too.

5/05 Pop, 12/06 POFQ, 9/07 Pop, 9/08 All Star Movies, 4/09 CBR/AKV/Disney Wonder, 12/11 Pop, 11/13 All Star Music, 11/14 CSR
momto2inKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:02 PM   #2556
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto2inKC View Post
The crease really bugs me in my band ! Today I placed a heavy book on it for a few hours and now it feels MUCH better when I put it on. The kids had me do theirs too.
I will have to do that because it creases right on the sides of the Mickey head. Most uncomfortable...
Old 10-23-2013, 06:03 PM   #2557
Nechville
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen0504 View Post

This is NOT true! I was worried because we leave in less than 3 weeks, and we have family meeting us for a couple of days. We have Magic Bands and FP+, and our family members will not. I just called Disney, and spoke to a castmember AND she double checked with her supervisor. She said that this whole thing about not getting the old Fastpasses after Oct. 27th is a complete rumor. She said that we will also be getting a KTTW card, and will still be able to utilize the old Fastpass system even though we have FP+. She said not to believe anything unless it is officially released by Disney.
I hope this is a case where we can believe what a CM told us?
Nechville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:09 PM   #2558
skriegerjr
Monorail Maven

Arriving Nov 2 - 10 at POFQ, got our MB and all of our FP+...I'm a technology nut so I can't wait to try this out!

Sent from my rooted Samsung Galaxy SIII using the DISBoards app

"Any review by me is based on my own personal experience and isn't necessarily indicative of similar experiences in the future, for myself or for other guests. Please use the review at your own risk, and know that it is worth exactly what you paid for it..."

skriegerjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:12 PM   #2559
TBLaube
Who doesn't find Mr. *****lepants yummy...lederhosen...need I say more?

Arriving the week before Thanksgiving and we just recieved our customized MBs today! I am retired military so won't have tix until arrival. Dying to make FP+ Ressies, but hopefully there will be decent options left. If not, we will still have an amazing trip!
TBLaube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:26 PM   #2560
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nechville View Post
Yes, I REALLY hope that a CM is giving out correct info this time...

Very anxiously awaiting our next Disney vacation, which could be either March, April, or May 2016, Oct or Nov 2015, or this spring, if I have my way.
Sigh.

April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 with work DW Beach Club
May '01 with work DL Grand Californian
May '02 with work DW Boardwalk
May '03 with work DW Yacht Club
May '04 with work DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
CaraMiaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:54 PM   #2561
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nechville View Post

Just saying...

BwoZoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:56 PM   #2562
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen0504 View Post

Awesome. Ty for that update
Old 10-23-2013, 06:56 PM   #2563
skriegerjr
Monorail Maven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen0504

I have been told by several CM's including a manager of IT (who was helping me with a problem where our FP+ weren't showing in our itinerary on MDE) to be sure to use your KTTW card to pull additional fast passes so you aren't limited to just three. When I questioned that I thought MB meant we weren't getting KTTW cards, they all said, no, we're giving both to you, in case the MB doesn't work for any reason, and so you can get more than just 3 fast passes!

Sent from my rooted Samsung Galaxy SIII using the DISBoards app

"Any review by me is based on my own personal experience and isn't necessarily indicative of similar experiences in the future, for myself or for other guests. Please use the review at your own risk, and know that it is worth exactly what you paid for it..."

skriegerjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:17 PM   #2564
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

I am hoping everyone on here is right, but I heard the opposite from a pretty reliable source, so we shall see. I am preparing for the worst, just in case.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:41 PM   #2565
Peaseblossom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skriegerjr View Post
I have been told by several CM's including a manager of IT (who was helping me with a problem where our FP+ weren't showing in our itinerary on MDE) to be sure to use your KTTW card to pull additional fast passes so you aren't limited to just three. When I questioned that I thought MB meant we weren't getting KTTW cards, they all said, no, we're giving both to you, in case the MB doesn't work for any reason, and so you can get more than just 3 fast passes! Sent from my rooted Samsung Galaxy SIII using the DISBoards app
I was told the same thing via e-mail when I gave my feedback on the new 3-fastpass maximum. I hate the whole idea - we are park commando type and will speedwalk from Splash to Space 5 times a day if that's what we have to do to get a particular ride out of our system. Damn the blisters, full speed ahead. We don't pay $3-5K to ride three rides a day. I just don't get what was wrong with the old system?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: