Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2013, 03:46 PM   #2446
TyRy
Part of the problem is I wear my shorts
It is making me nutty

We received ours on Wednesday for our November trip. Then yesterday we received an email and a letter inviting us to go online and order MagicBands. Looks like Disney is still a bit behind.
Mickey's Hand is Back in my Pocket - A Trippie for Sept/Oct 08 and 1st Trip Home to AKV
Trip of New Phases, Friends & 40 - Sept 09 - CR/AKV
*A Giraffe Meets the Beach - Oct '10 BCV/AKV* *Oct '11 AKV/Poly *1st Birthday Trip and Disney Dream Cruise - Dec '11 AKV* *Oct '12 - 18 days! AKVJ, BWV, AKVK*
*Nov 2013 AKVJ* *Extra May 2014 Trip SSR* *Oct 2014 Trip AKVJ, BLT, AKVJ*
TyRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 04:13 PM   #2447
leannak
Mouseketeer

What's the best way to check for FP+ for parades and fireworks? Just keep logging in and acting like I'm going to schedule all new fast passes for the day and look for parade in the list? If I don't see it yet, hit cancel? Is there any way to see which FP+ are being offered without going through all that?
leannak is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2013, 04:22 PM   #2448
kathy320
Earning My Ears

where does the actual invite come from to participate in FP+ and magic bands? Do u get an email? I do have something on MDE saying something about making day by day plans before you arrive ......it has that lady from the Incredibles who mends the suit saying "yes Darling, but first some training......." Does that mean I am getting magic bands for my Nov. 29t arrival? so confused
kathy320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 04:37 PM   #2449
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathy320 View Post
where does the actual invite come from to participate in FP+ and magic bands? Do u get an email? I do have something on MDE saying something about making day by day plans before you arrive ......it has that lady from the Incredibles who mends the suit saying "yes Darling, but first some training......." Does that mean I am getting magic bands for my Nov. 29t arrival? so confused
All guests checking into a Disney World property resort in November get the MBs. You should be able to personalize through MDE site. Some have had to do online check in to get 'personalize' to show up.

BwoZoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 04:39 PM   #2450
Doug7856
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leannak View Post
What's the best way to check for FP+ for parades and fireworks? Just keep logging in and acting like I'm going to schedule all new fast passes for the day and look for parade in the list? If I don't see it yet, hit cancel? Is there any way to see which FP+ are being offered without going through all that?
I check for fireworks and parades regularly. I read that you have to cancel and replace to get the fireworks and parade options. So far we have IllumiNations and Fantasmic! but none from the Magic Kingdom. Hoping soon! Since they just put in the revised hours for November, I'm hoping the entertainment options will be available soon.
Old 10-18-2013, 04:50 PM   #2451
leannak
Mouseketeer

Question

So I have to completely cancel my fast passes and then choose new ones - I can't click "Select and Replace" to redo my fast passes? I'm not seeing illuminations on either of our epcot nights doing it that way.
leannak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 04:54 PM   #2452
kathy320
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoZoo22 View Post
All guests checking into a Disney World property resort in November get the MBs. You should be able to personalize through MDE site. Some have had to do online check in to get 'personalize' to show up.

so what about FP+ then? Is that the "invite" I am waiting for to know if we are using it in Nov/Dec?
Old 10-18-2013, 04:58 PM   #2453
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPaul View Post
Just chiming in as part of the Nov. 11-17 week crowd!
We have also received our MB's and I'm SO EXCITED!!! We are staying at BC and I've never stayed at an Epcot resort before!

The kids still don't know we're going. We haven't decided when (or if) we are going to tell them.

Thanks to everyone here for all the guidance on trip planning!
Well be there the same time have fun!! Are you going to f&w at epcot the 11 th
Old 10-18-2013, 04:59 PM   #2454
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's what I have been doing
Old 10-18-2013, 04:59 PM   #2455
edwardv2
Earning My Ears

Quote:
The invite will come via email but don't wait on it. If you are staying at any Disney resort after Oct 26 then you will be getting magic bands. The video is in regard to the MDE and introduces you to Fastpass+ and other things you can do with MDE.
edwardv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:00 PM   #2456
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So I have to completely cancel my fast passes and then choose new ones - I can't click "Select and Replace" to redo my fast passes? I'm not seeing illuminations on either of our epcot nights doing it that way.
I'm wondering the same thing. I have been going in trying to change them just to see if Parades open then I Hit cancel
Old 10-18-2013, 05:00 PM   #2457
DisneyNDecember
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I personally would not cancel & rebook new fast passes, especially if you already have the ones that you want & the times that you want.

Fireworks & parades do not really need fast passes in my opinion, unless you are going during a very busy time of the year.

There are plenty of places to stake out a spot for fireworks or parades, I would not use a fast pass for either of those during a non-busy time of year.
Old 10-18-2013, 05:32 PM   #2458
kathy320
Earning My Ears

[QUOTE=edwardv2;49863645]The invite will come via email but don't wait on it. If you are staying at any Disney resort after Oct 26 then you will be getting magic bands. The video is in regard to the MDE and introduces you to Fastpass+ and other things you can do with MDE.[/QUOTE

ok.......but is that separate from whether or not we will be using FP+? i understand that we will be getting MB but will we be able to set up fast passes before we leave? I know i am sounding like a newbie.....LOL but i am not.......its just something that is new that im trying to get my head wrapped around
Old 10-18-2013, 05:44 PM   #2459
jnfr2424
I'm Tink I got my Peter Pan and together we love to fly away to Neverland!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyNDecember View Post
I personally would not cancel & rebook new fast passes, especially if you already have the ones that you want & the times that you want. Fireworks & parades do not really need fast passes in my opinion, unless you are going during a very busy time of the year. There are plenty of places to stake out a spot for fireworks or parades, I would not use a fast pass for either of those during a non-busy time of year.
I get it but IMO Illuminations would be great for the 3rd choice right now I've only chosen Soarin and TT I let Disney pick the 3rd one for now we are going Nov 1-11 and I haven't seen any parades or night shows in FP+ except F!

jnfr2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:47 PM   #2460
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
ok.......but is that separate from whether or not we will be using FP+? i understand that we will be getting MB but will we be able to set up fast passes before we leave? I know i am sounding like a newbie.....LOL but i am not.......its just something that is new that im trying to get my head wrapped around
You should be able to select your FP+ now, if you are getting MBs. Have you tried selecting them from MDE page? Are your park tickets linked to your MDE? Those are required for FP+ selection.

BwoZoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: