Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2013, 04:20 PM   #2431
shellypaige
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowWhite1 View Post
I got our Magic Bands this morning, which was very exciting! I had seen on MDE that they were 'customized and preparing to ship' but I never received an email about it. Are we supposed to be getting emails from MDE? My travel agent mentioned something about that, but I have not had any email communications. ??
I got an email saying they were shipped with a tracking number. Is it possible that your travel agent is getting the emails?
shellypaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 04:27 PM   #2432
SnowWhite1
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellypaige View Post
I got an email saying they were shipped with a tracking number. Is it possible that your travel agent is getting the emails?
No, I'm quite sure she is not getting the emails. She only just heard about MDE and said she thinks if you sign up you get emails from Disney.

November 2010 Polynesian
April 1987 High School Band Trip
February 1983 First visit
SnowWhite1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-17-2013, 04:40 PM   #2433
shellypaige
Mouseketeer

Quote:
No, I'm quite sure she is not getting the emails. She only just heard about MDE and said she thinks if you sign up you get emails from Disney.
Weird! Maybe it's worth a call to disney... Although most of the CMs give incorrect info anyway I called a few weeks ago because my mothers UT ticket won't link, I called 4 times and got 4 different answers. Two CMs told me I could not use MDE until I received an invitation! Crazy. The ticket still isn't linked
shellypaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 05:18 PM   #2434
tnolan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I got our Magic Bands this morning, which was very exciting! I had seen on MDE that they were 'customized and preparing to ship' but I never received an email about it. Are we supposed to be getting emails from MDE? My travel agent mentioned something about that, but I have not had any email communications. ??
When I went to bed around 4 am, the MDE site was still saying that they're being customized and will ship soon. At 10 am this morning, there was the UPS man with my package in hand. And when I went and checked my email for anything, I saw one from Disney time marked 5:18 am that they had been shipped and showed a tracking number. So that is the order of events here! Slightly out of sync. But I'm still glad they got here. And BTW, in today's snail mail was the letter from Disney saying I could go to MDE and customize my bands up until Nov. 4 (for my Nov 15 arrival). Like I said, everything was just a little out of sync.

~Thanks to ArielRae for above characters!~
tnolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:54 AM   #2435
jsdeforge
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellypaige View Post
same exact story here. Still some kinks to iron out.
jsdeforge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:18 AM   #2436
Doug7856
DIS Veteran

Today is my last day to modify my bands. Anyone know if shipping occurs over the weekend?
Old 10-18-2013, 10:23 AM   #2437
kristie64063
Mouseketeer

We go from 11/12 through 11/17 ... got our MB's on Tueaday and have received our Mickey mail too!!

Can't WAIT!!!!! All ADR's and FP+'s are made and this is going to be a GREAT trip! Low crowds, double dipping, FP+'s, lol

I know there are MANY, MANY threads where people are having troubles, panicing, and freaking out, but, and I know I've not gone yet, but I've had ZERO problems setting things up, using MDE on my phone and online, and I love the planning part. Not having to rush around for the fastpasses, etc. I'm very excited to use it all!! I really don't see the downside of all this.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:16 AM   #2438
DisneyNDecember
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnolan View Post
When I went to bed around 4 am, the MDE site was still saying that they're being customized and will ship soon. At 10 am this morning, there was the UPS man with my package in hand. And when I went and checked my email for anything, I saw one from Disney time marked 5:18 am that they had been shipped and showed a tracking number. So that is the order of events here! Slightly out of sync. But I'm still glad they got here. And BTW, in today's snail mail was the letter from Disney saying I could go to MDE and customize my bands up until Nov. 4 (for my Nov 15 arrival). Like I said, everything was just a little out of sync.
Same exact information for me as stated by tnolan above.
My UPS guy showed up at 9:00 am this morning.
I got my Walt Disney Travel book, luggage tags, MDE flyer page saying I could customize my bands till Nov 4 & received the email with the tracking # this morning.

All is set. FP+, luggage tags, magic bands........... Geez, all is going so smoothly, I just may have to get my suitcases out now since almost all the planning is done.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:18 AM   #2439
DisneyNDecember
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristie64063 View Post
We go from 11/12 through 11/17 ... got our MB's on Tueaday and have received our Mickey mail too!!

Can't WAIT!!!!! All ADR's and FP+'s are made and this is going to be a GREAT trip! Low crowds, double dipping, FP+'s, lol

I know there are MANY, MANY threads where people are having troubles, panicing, and freaking out, but, and I know I've not gone yet, but I've had ZERO problems setting things up, using MDE on my phone and online, and I love the planning part. Not having to rush around for the fastpasses, etc. I'm very excited to use it all!! I really don't see the downside of all this.
Totally agree !!!! Everything has gone smoothly for me & I think this could be the reason why.

1. I only had 1 Disney account set up.
2. I did all my booking thru the Walt Disney World website. FreeDining package with the Park Hopper tickets, room reservation.. The only thing I did not book online with Disney was my flight.

I have not had any hiccups yet. Keeping fingers crossed.
I was also able to snag a BOG dinner for our first evening & a BOG FastPass Lunch for our departing day.............. Very excited !!!!

Old 10-18-2013, 11:38 AM   #2440
combo77
Earning My Ears

Everything has gone fairly smoothly for me, also. I booked everything through Disney itself (except my flight). My MB were showing up on MDE and I customized them (due date was 10/14). Received them the next day, along with an invite that same day. I received my luggage tags, disney mail, etc. about 4 days prior to that. It is seeming real now!! Our dates are 11/13-11/17.
combo77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 01:04 PM   #2441
Arielle22
We have had spirits
I had never heard of it before the Dis
this is how we show love, get used to it

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristie64063 View Post

My experience is similar. We are going 11/10-11/17. 2 days after our customization period ended, the bands were in a box by our door. I went online and made my choices are we are good to go.
CB 03/92
CSR and BC 08/09
BWI 11/11
OFF SITE 88,94,96,00
Arielle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 02:48 PM   #2442
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arielle22 View Post

My experience is similar. We are going 11/10-11/17. 2 days after our customization period ended, the bands were in a box by our door. I went online and made my choices are we are good to go.
Did you guys have FP plus options for parades? We are nov 8 -18 and nothing has shown yet
Old 10-18-2013, 03:21 PM   #2443
jpeka65844
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset7132 View Post
Did you guys have FP plus options for parades? We are nov 8 -18 and nothing has shown yet
I had no parade options either. The only nighttime show available was Illuminations.

I've got SplMt, SpcMt, BTMRR, ToT, RnRC, TSMM, Soarin, MS, TT, FP+'s made. I kind of felt that it would take away the spontaneity of a trip but it's freed up a lot of time for me to do anything I want!

I have a friend checking into an All-Stars over T'giving break. Does anyone know if they're offering to that hotel?

jpeka65844 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 03:22 PM   #2444
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyNDecember View Post
Totally agree !!!! Everything has gone smoothly for me & I think this could be the reason why.

1. I only had 1 Disney account set up.
2. I did all my booking thru the Walt Disney World website. FreeDining package with the Park Hopper tickets, room reservation.. The only thing I did not book online with Disney was my flight.

I have not had any hiccups yet. Keeping fingers crossed.
I was also able to snag a BOG dinner for our first evening & a BOG FastPass Lunch for our departing day.............. Very excited !!!!

Exactly the same here, except no BOG dinner resv. Lunch only. And we weren't interested in any parade or show FP+.

BwoZoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 03:27 PM   #2445
KPaul
Mouseketeer

Just chiming in as part of the Nov. 11-17 week crowd!
We have also received our MB's and I'm SO EXCITED!!! We are staying at BC and I've never stayed at an Epcot resort before!

The kids still don't know we're going. We haven't decided when (or if) we are going to tell them.

Thanks to everyone here for all the guidance on trip planning!
KPaul is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: