Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2013, 02:02 PM   #2401
OneBadApple
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset7132 View Post
That's so weird. We always get 7 pm ups except for 2 sets of these bands
Actually that is not weird. When you ship something Next Day Air through UPS, it is supposed to be there the next day by 10:30am. If it not delivered by 10:30, the shipper can get a refund with some exceptions.
OneBadApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:23 PM   #2402
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunclemarco View Post
When is everyone activating their bands? I noticed that they are currently in a deactivated state.
I noticed this by going to the bands and cards section of MDE, then clicked on my band.
I'm aware they should be activated when we leave for Disney, since Magical Express will use this. Does anyone see any harm to activating them now? What are your thoughts?

EDIT TO ADD: Forget my question, i read the site wrong, they are already activated. Sorry folks for the misunderstanding.
You brought up a good point. I didn't even notice the MB is shipped deactivated, and that I have to activate it myself prior to our trip. Guess I should actually read my Mickey mail. I would imagine this is so no one can steal them and use them; access to your MDE account is needed to activate them. Perhaps this is why I've seen some posts from people saying they didn't work on the first day, first park, but the CM at the gate was able to fix the issue within a few seconds.

BwoZoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-16-2013, 02:30 PM   #2403
Hunclemarco
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoZoo22 View Post
You brought up a good point. I didn't even notice the MB is shipped deactivated, and that I have to activate it myself prior to our trip. Guess I should actually read my Mickey mail. I would imagine this is so no one can steal them and use them; access to your MDE account is needed to activate them. Perhaps this is why I've seen some posts from people saying they didn't work on the first day, first park, but the CM at the gate was able to fix the issue within a few seconds.
I misunderstood the web site... they are already active...but i agree, it would be good to check the site again just before leaving

January 1979 Offsite; January 1992 POR; March 1999Honeymoon ; May 2002 CBR; May 2008 Offsite; November 2008 CBR March 2009 DVC SSR, BCV; August 2009 DVC AKV,BCV; December 2009 DVC SSR; February 2010 DVC BCV; November 2010 DVC BWV; May 2011 POP; March 2012 DCL Dream and POP; May 2012 POP; April 2013 DVC BCV; November 2013 CSR; Yacht Club, DCL Dream and BWV May 2014, SSR and AKV-Jambo September 2014
Hunclemarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 05:36 PM   #2404
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Does anybody know if I'm going to get reprimanded by the Mouse for this?

We are staying at SSR from Nov. 27-Dec. 1. I bought DVC AP renewals (4 of them) that were sent to me as vouchers (green cards with bar code on back). Long time ago a CM in IT told me that I couldn't like those vouchers and I just had to wait until I get down to WDW and exchange them. At that point I could use FP+.

Couple people have told me that I could use the bar code scanner in the MDE app to link the vouchers to my account. So I went ahead and did that. It all worked flawlessly and I have set up our 3 Fastpass+ for all days of our trip.

However, what will happen when I go and exchange the vouchers for our AP's, which by the way instead of doing a renewal we will upgrade and buy complete new ones because they'll be good for an extra 3 months over a renewal. Will I just be able to scan in those tickets and link them to our MDE account without losing all the Fastpasses I have made?

Since we are going at Thanksgiving I really wanted to get our fastpass selections made right away because I believe it will be crazy down there with the new system in place.
Old 10-16-2013, 06:06 PM   #2405
Disneyducks
Earning My Ears

Has anyone had their fast pass plus selected then disappear? We had all fp + selected 3 a day now system is showing some days with only two selected and other days with four selected?
Old 10-16-2013, 06:21 PM   #2406
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut33 View Post
Does anybody know if I'm going to get reprimanded by the Mouse for this?

We are staying at SSR from Nov. 27-Dec. 1. I bought DVC AP renewals (4 of them) that were sent to me as vouchers (green cards with bar code on back). Long time ago a CM in IT told me that I couldn't like those vouchers and I just had to wait until I get down to WDW and exchange them. At that point I could use FP+.

Couple people have told me that I could use the bar code scanner in the MDE app to link the vouchers to my account. So I went ahead and did that. It all worked flawlessly and I have set up our 3 Fastpass+ for all days of our trip.

However, what will happen when I go and exchange the vouchers for our AP's, which by the way instead of doing a renewal we will upgrade and buy complete new ones because they'll be good for an extra 3 months over a renewal. Will I just be able to scan in those tickets and link them to our MDE account without losing all the Fastpasses I have made?

Since we are going at Thanksgiving I really wanted to get our fastpass selections made right away because I believe it will be crazy down there with the new system in place.
No need to worry. You will not lose your FP+s. We linked a voucher the same way and had no issues.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 06:22 PM   #2407
tnolan
Mouseketeer

Nope, just checked on mine. All mine are as they were selected, but so far we've only selected one day's worth (3) because I don't like not having the ability to just select one instead of having to take 3 at a time. I don't want to take anymore away from people who really want to see the things that I am being forced to take. I got my FP+ for Soarin, that's enough.

~Thanks to ArielRae for above characters!~
tnolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 06:51 PM   #2408
Lsdolphin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset7132 View Post
I got 2 invites for my split stay in snail mail AFTER I got my MB lol

Oh well Our magic bands arrived today sitting on porch in brown box from UPS when I got home we never did receive any notification from Disney regarding either MB or Fastpass+! I learned about MDE right here on Dis Boards!

thanks so much to everyone who has posted!!!
Lsdolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 06:58 PM   #2409
Lsdolphin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyducks View Post
Has anyone had their fast pass plus selected then disappear? We had all fp + selected 3 a day now system is showing some days with only two selected and other days with four selected?

Yes I had the same thing happen a moment of panic for sure! Then I went into either plans or fastpass+(can't remember which) and I clicked on view and all our fastpass+were right there after all!
Lsdolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:20 PM   #2410
KNovacovschi
DIS Veteran

Ok so I received our Mickey Mail today, , and I decided to look at last years book as we didn't use all the vouchers and I wanted to see if there were any changes. And guess what, last year there was a card for photopass and this year there wasn't. Has anyone else noticed this? And no I didn't pre-order PP last year.

DD-16 DH-33 ME-36

Sept 17-23, 2006 - POP; Aug 12-18, 2007 - POP; Oct 14-20, 2012 - POP; Nov 17-23, 2013 - POP; Sept 27-Oct 4, 2014 - POP (adult only);
Sept 20-26, 2015 - POP (DM/DD trip)

I've been sprung....YEAH
KNovacovschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:19 PM   #2411
Doug7856
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNovacovschi View Post
Ok so I received our Mickey Mail today, , and I decided to look at last years book as we didn't use all the vouchers and I wanted to see if there were any changes. And guess what, last year there was a card for photopass and this year there wasn't. Has anyone else noticed this? And no I didn't pre-order PP last year.
We are DVC, so we don't usually get Mickey Mail; however, this year I booked one night at All Star Movies -- and added our 10 day park hoppers -- prior to our DVC stay at Old Key West (4 nights) and then the Tree House Villas (can't wait). It was fun looking at all of the offers from the package. We will definately use the two DisneyQuest tickets and the Mini Golf. The nice thing is that since we have 10 day park hoppers, the offers are good for 10 nights not just the one night of our All Star stay. I think we may book this way for future stays that way we'll get a taste of some of the resorts we don't get to visit since we're DVC.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:24 PM   #2412
g-dad66
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyducks View Post

My listing of FP+ has been pretty glitchy on the "My Plans" main page of MDE. Right now for one day it's showing five FP+ for the day (including the old times of two that I changed about a week ago). Earlier this week it showed something a little bit different, but still wrong.

HOWEVER, when I click on the "Make FastPass+ Selections" link, then select the day in question, then select "Change FastPass+..., the FP+ selections which show up there are correct.

So I printed out this page and will take it with me when we go next month.

You might want to check yours in a similar fashion, if you haven't already.

Historical Orlando weather data here: http://www.leaveittogenie.com/weather.html
g-dad66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:25 PM   #2413
jwilks56
Mouseketeer

I know this is a November thread. Just thought I would tell y'all December bands and FP just went live
Old 10-17-2013, 04:10 AM   #2414
jlsmith376
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-dad66 View Post
My listing of FP+ has been pretty glitchy on the "My Plans" main page of MDE. Right now for one day it's showing five FP+ for the day (including the old times of two that I changed about a week ago). Earlier this week it showed something a little bit different, but still wrong. HOWEVER, when I click on the "Make FastPass+ Selections" link, then select the day in question, then select "Change FastPass+..., the FP+ selections which show up there are correct. So I printed out this page and will take it with me when we go next month. You might want to check yours in a similar fashion, if you haven't already.
I am experiencing the exact same thing. Glad to know I am not the only one. I thought about calling Disney IT but I really don't want to spend hours on the phone with them. Hopefully it is straightened out soon.
Old 10-17-2013, 05:44 AM   #2415
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

There was one fp+ that wasn't showing up in my itinerary. It looked like I only had two fp+ that day. But when I went in to modify the fp+, that one was there after all. I'm not exactly sure why that fp+ isn't on my calendar, like all the rest of them are.

Next up: WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: