Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2013, 06:35 AM   #2356
ses1230
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE="aym4Him;49829771"] ...but to the same dumb dead-end page. Even if I refresh the page, it shows the same. If I go "home" instead of clicking on "done," it has me sign in again and says...you guessed it: "Guest already registered." When I have inquired (I have a dining res that will NOT go away from MDE page, even though I have cancelled it (and confirmed canceling) 3x!) , I have been brushed off by even the CMs in IT. "Umm..yeah. Those..uh..are only being handled..uh..in person. You'll need to print out your reservation and go to Guest Services." Well, I didn't have a ressie, but thank you. QUOTE]

My guess is that the CM should have said to bring your BOG invitation, not reservation. Afaik the BOG FP+ is still invitation only. However there are many reports on the restaurant board if people getting in to the direct BOG FP+ website.

1978 CR 2006 CR 2007 OKW 2008 SSR 2009 GF 2010 BLT 2011 BLT 2012 AKV 2013 DCL - Wonder
2013 BC 2014 Pop 2014 BLT
ses1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:52 AM   #2357
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacielee View Post

I do have a question, for those who have done this. DH and I have park hoppers, his is 5-day and mine is 10-day. We are upgrading his to a regular AP and mine to a Premier AP. They were purchased from UT and I had no problems linking them to my account. I'm just wondering about the price bridging. Oh, and I am a DVC owner so am hoping to upgrade his using the DVC discount.

Any suggestions/advice on the best way/time to do this?
We are going to do an upgrade when we get there, too. I've been told that the best way to do this is to go into a park first with your tickets so that they get at least one use. Then go to guest services for the upgrade. Make sure you have calculated how much the upgrade should cost so that you will know whether they have done it correctly.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2013, 08:34 AM   #2358
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilostnemo View Post

But still have the ability to get them at the park like normal correct?
From what I read yes there will be specific kiosks to make your selections if you don't have a smart phone. May still get a Kttw card still since its not fully live which will work with existing fast pass kiosks
Old 10-15-2013, 08:36 AM   #2359
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalSea12 View Post
My mb time period was over 3 days ago and they still say they are being prepared to ship. I wonder when they will actually send them out, bc I thought they shipped the very next day after your time was up.
You should call I got mine. 2 days after end if customization
Old 10-15-2013, 09:29 AM   #2360
aym4Him
DIS Veteran

Hmm. It didn't quote u. :-/

Yes. Truly, I have nothing to complain about since I never got an invite- only the option on the BoG restaurant page. Then, someone posted the direct link & others got in so I thought I'd try my luck too. Alas, not meant to be.

Ethan's Magical MAW PTR (November 11-17; extending to the 20th!, 2012)

Shh! It's surprise! "Darth Ethan's Return to the Kingdom 2013" Pop Century November 11-19th
Happy Wishiversary, Ethan!
aym4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:18 AM   #2361
antree
DIS Veteran

Well, my Aunt gave up trying to get her MDE fixed. Between the two of us, we have been on the phone with IT and DVC more times then not. She can't get her bands to show, all the tickets, or all her family and Friends Fastpass+, She tried to check in and she keeps getting an error. Every time we call, they tell us they will work on it and then call us back. They leave a message telling us what to do, and still nothing, nothing works. We have cleared cookies, restarted all computers, even started a new account. they just can't get the reservation to show correct on their end. I know that has to be the problem, because she can't check in.
So, hopefully there is no problem when she goes to check in once at Disney.
Will they be able to get the standard bands once at Disney?

There are a totally of 14 people and 11 have the bands, and 9 have fastpass +, because this one room is having issues.

Thanks
antree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:47 AM   #2362
practicallyperfect77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by antree
Well, my Aunt gave up trying to get her MDE fixed. Between the two of us, we have been on the phone with IT and DVC more times then not. She can't get her bands to show, all the tickets, or all her family and Friends Fastpass+, She tried to check in and she keeps getting an error. Every time we call, they tell us they will work on it and then call us back. They leave a message telling us what to do, and still nothing, nothing works. We have cleared cookies, restarted all computers, even started a new account. they just can't get the reservation to show correct on their end. I know that has to be the problem, because she can't check in.

There are a totally of 14 people and 11 have the bands, and 9 have fastpass +, because this one room is having issues.

Thanks
I have also tried checking in numerous times and get an error message. However, when I try to check in again it says "modify check in" and all my info is there (credit card and room preference). So I'm wondering if I actually am.checked in. I have not received a confirmation number or anything tho.
practicallyperfect77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:04 PM   #2363
Nechville
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset7132 View Post

You should call I got mine. 2 days after end if customization
I wonder when they will stop the $$$ overnight shipping. My customization period ended yesterday so we'll see when I get them. Probably Thursday or Friday, which will be hard to hide from the kids as there is no school those days!
Nechville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:24 PM   #2364
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by antree View Post

Thanks
Those that do not or are unable to personalize their MBs will get grey ones at check in. Guest Services will also be able to copy FP+ selections from on party member to others, just explain the inability to schedule them online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nechville View Post
I wonder when they will stop the $$$ overnight shipping. My customization period ended yesterday so we'll see when I get them. Probably Thursday or Friday, which will be hard to hide from the kids as there is no school those days!
Hiding shouldn't be too difficult, unless your kids like to open the boxes. There are no identifying Disney marks on the delivery box. The box inside however, is more than obvious.

BwoZoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:31 PM   #2365
Nechville
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoZoo22 View Post

Hiding shouldn't be too difficult, unless your kids like to open the boxes. There are no identifying Disney marks on the delivery box. The box inside however, is more than obvious.
We get fairly regular UPS deliveries and my kid usually runs out to meet the driver (whom he knows by first name) at the end of the drive. And then he usually opens it right away. Normally I don't care. But the trip date is a surprise and my plan is to put his band on him when he is sleeping, so when he wakes up and sees it, he'll know we are going. So I better get to that box first!
Old 10-15-2013, 01:41 PM   #2366
SMorgan711
It all starts with a wish!

Quote:
Yesterday was my last day to customize and our MBs arrived today at 10:25 AM

1990 Poly | 1991 CB | 1994 POFQ | 1995 ASSp | Apr 1999 ASMu | Apr 2002 POR | 2004-2005 (New Years) WL | Oct 2008 SoG | Jan 2009 SoG | Sep 2009 POR | Feb 2011 AKL (JUST ENGAGED!) | Dec 2011 Poly | Oct 2012 BWI | Nov 2013 POFQ | Feb 2014 YC (DFTW!) | Sep 2014 POR |

SMorgan711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:42 PM   #2367
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:

If it ended yesterday you will have them tommorow or Thursday
Old 10-15-2013, 02:32 PM   #2368
practicallyperfect77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nechville

We get fairly regular UPS deliveries and my kid usually runs out to meet the driver (whom he knows by first name) at the end of the drive. And then he usually opens it right away. Normally I don't care. But the trip date is a surprise and my plan is to put his band on him when he is sleeping, so when he wakes up and sees it, he'll know we are going. So I better get to that box first!
Love your reveal! What a fun idea.
practicallyperfect77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:33 PM   #2369
Nechville
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset7132 View Post

If it ended yesterday you will have them tommorow or Thursday
UPS doesn't get to my house until around 4 or 5 so kids will be home! Better make a plan with DH (will also be home) to intervene. Maybe tomorrow will be ok as UPS will also be delivering a new vacuum hose (amazon prime) tomorrow. So we can distract DS with that exciting package while DH hides the other!
Old 10-15-2013, 02:35 PM   #2370
Nechville
DIS Veteran

Quote:

UPS doesn't get to my house until around 4 or 5 so kids will be home! Better make a plan with DH (will also be home) to intervene. Maybe tomorrow will be ok as UPS will also be delivering a new vacuum hose (amazon prime) tomorrow. So we can distract DS with that exciting package while DH hides the other!
But in case it is Thursday maybe I better place another two day ship order so there is a second package both days........hmmmm. What do I "need"........

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: