Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2013, 12:30 PM   #1786
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelei528 View Post
The only thing is...we have a split stay between BLT and AKV and the only option I see for MB's is our first week at BLT.....is that weird do you think? Should I call about it?
It doesn't matter, the bands will link to your account so it will work for both resorts. Eventually they are only going to send out one band regardless of how many resorts you stay at on a trip, they just hadn't set up the computer properly at first so people were getting bands for each part of their stay. Total waste of money. Maybe they are finally starting to fix that.
Old 09-26-2013, 12:59 PM   #1787
SMorgan711
It all starts with a wish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by park View Post
On-site 11/11-19th and not one single day allows PoTC as a FP+... does anybody know why? It is not eligible?
I wonder if this will eventually show up and be a "bonus FP" ?

1990 Poly | 1991 CB | 1994 POFQ | 1995 ASSp | Apr 1999 ASMu | Apr 2002 POR | 2004-2005 (New Years) WL | Oct 2008 SoG | Jan 2009 SoG | Sep 2009 POR | Feb 2011 AKL (JUST ENGAGED!) | Dec 2011 Poly | Oct 2012 BWI | Nov 2013 POFQ | Feb 2014 YC (DFTW!) | Sep 2014 POR |
SMorgan711 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2013, 01:04 PM   #1788
My2CrazyGirls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassie58 View Post
I am 58 days out and was able to make FP+ today! but still can't customize magic bands. I have not done online check-in, but I see others on here who have not either, and have made bands - seems to be no rhyme or reason. Maybe which resort you're staying at makes a difference? Also, I saw many people mention getting a bonus FP+ at MK for a total of 4, but it did not come up as an option for me, just the usual "pick 3". Anyone else who's getting there's done for Thanksgiving week have 4 come up?

cassie58
11/08-ASMo & Timeshare
8/09-CSR
11/11-CSR
11/13-CSR & AKL
Same boat. I can make fp+ but no Magic Bands. I am paying off trip tomorrow and will do online check in either today or tomorrow.
My2CrazyGirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 01:09 PM   #1789
My2CrazyGirls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParrotBill View Post

If they still hand out KTTW cards in parallel to MagicBands, then yes. They are not ready to shut down legacy FP until all the non-MacigBand people can use FP+.
I was told yes they are getting rid of paper fast passes and they are not sure when that will be complete.....however that does not mean off site guests are going to get FP+ right away when the paper FP are taken away. They are making it so that the WDW tickets are the kind that can tap their device and you would still get regular FP....just no paper involved. Does that make sense?
My2CrazyGirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 01:11 PM   #1790
DisneyFreaks
Don't get me started about those darn busses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParrotBill View Post
I think you need to call.

I just called IT and they got a bit upset with me. They stated that people are suppose to wait until they are 28 days out and receive an invitation before doing anything. He said I should not have made any FP selections until we get the bands. And not to customize them unless we have an invitation. I don't get this at all. I tried explaining my original problem with the online checking and our rooms not all being there and he said I'm looking in the wrong place. What?? I'm not so stupid that I can't read. I have no idea what to do now. Wait the 10 days or call and hopefully talk to someone else?
Old 09-26-2013, 01:29 PM   #1791
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFreaks View Post
I just called IT and they got a bit upset with me. They stated that people are suppose to wait until they are 28 days out and receive an invitation before doing anything. He said I should not have made any FP selections until we get the bands. And not to customize them unless we have an invitation. I don't get this at all. I tried explaining my original problem with the online checking and our rooms not all being there and he said I'm looking in the wrong place. What?? I'm not so stupid that I can't read. I have no idea what to do now. Wait the 10 days or call and hopefully talk to someone else?
I don't get them either. If we are not supposed to select FP+, then why make it available? Someone not part of this forum would log into MDE one day and see select FP+ is open, why would they not explore it? I think quite of few of the CMs are confused and frustrated at having to deal with so many IT calls. But, it's not the callers fault...

BwoZoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 01:33 PM   #1792
WuvEeyore
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFreaks View Post
Talk to someone else. I mean, if you log into MDE, and the pop up tells you to customize your bands and pick your FPs, how is anyone supposed to know they're to ignore that message and wait for some magical invite to appear?

I spoke to IT about a different issue, and the CM I got was super helpful. Maybe you'll get someone less scoldy next time you call.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:37 PM   #1793
jkahne9
Mouseketeer

Cool

We arrive on 11/30. Was able to customize bands yesterday. 5 days away from online check-in. FP+ choices come next I guess?

jkahne9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 02:05 PM   #1794
OneBadApple
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMorgan711 View Post
Yes, this is the column. "Manage" will change to "personalize" once you're able to personalize your MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbella16 View Post
Where it says Manage MagicBands, that will change and say Personalize MagicBands

The Make Fastpass+ Selection will stay the same- I just clicked on it randomly on tuesday and it was ready to start making selections for each day of our trip!
FYI, mine did not change to Personalize. It still says manage and I am able to customize the bands when I click on mange.
OneBadApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 02:17 PM   #1795
Lorilais_mommie
" They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the street." - WALT DISNEY

Someone please explain..

I have all our FP+ booked and when I hit reservations we have 3 per person per day

However when I hit my plans iit says FP+ Ressie for 2! :

Called IT, no help there... Anyone else having this problem??

Lorilais_mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 02:21 PM   #1796
telecomguy
Agent P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
Thanks for the picture. Right now both my DH and I each have a card listed as active. Does the card go away and the MagicBand take its place?
I can't say for sure on that. I never had a card there, whenever I went into there before, it told me I needed to link reservations, and then yesterday it went to the screen I posted the picture of. Wish I could help you more.
November 2014 - All-Star Music

telecomguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 02:24 PM   #1797
Pills
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilais_mommie View Post
Someone please explain..

I have all our FP+ booked and when I hit reservations we have 3 per person per day

However when I hit my plans iit says FP+ Ressie for 2! :

Called IT, no help there... Anyone else having this problem??
They've been having problems. I had mine all over the place yesterday, but it was fixed by this morning. Give it a day and see if it's OK by tomorrow.

Mine had FP+s for Soarin' at 12:05 AND 12:30 for the same person, amongst other things.

11/13 - POFQ
Pills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 02:27 PM   #1798
DisneyFreaks
Don't get me started about those darn busses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuvEeyore View Post
Talk to someone else. I mean, if you log into MDE, and the pop up tells you to customize your bands and pick your FPs, how is anyone supposed to know they're to ignore that message and wait for some magical invite to appear?
I spoke to IT about a different issue, and the CM I got was super helpful. Maybe you'll get someone less scoldy next time you call.
And I did get a pop up telling me I could now make FP selections. The guy at IT said exactly that...ignore it. He said all the problems are not out of the system and by the time the invitation comes at 28 days out they should be okay. I still don't see what that has to do with the fact that all of our reservations aren't showing in the online check in which we can now do at 60 days out. I'm so upset over all of this that DH says he will call them tomorrow morning. I hope they get it resolved. We have 5 bands in there waiting to be customized and 7 people in our travel party who all have their tickets linked to them. Thank you both for your help.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:36 PM   #1799
wdwpirates
Don't lose ya soul cuz it's all ya got. - DH

Just a little update on my post yesterday. As of today we are 65 days out (11/30 check-in) and "Manage MagicBands" was changed to "Personalize". Was able to personalize my band and DH's band without any issues. Best of luck, everyone!!

wdwpirates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 02:38 PM   #1800
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
Thanks for the picture. Right now both my DH and I each have a card listed as active. Does the card go away and the MagicBand take its place?
Those are either a RFID KTTW card from a previous stay or your RFID ticket/pass (if linked). They will stay and your MagicBand will there also.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: