Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2013, 06:02 PM   #166
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
REMEMBER.... it is a rumor. It is speculating that paper FPs will be available only to resort guests in the near future. People staying offsite and (I suppose) those who live locally will not be able to utilize this perk anymore.

It certainly would make a lot of sense if Disney wanted to fill all their resorts!
After some digging, I think I found the article. I didn't read it that way. It said that you must have a magicband or enrolled in fastpass + to get fastpasses. They will no longer be available in the park like currently. It didn't really say you had to be a resort guest to get a magicband or enroll in fastpass+. I think it is loosely written, I would not put a lot of stock into it.

I visited my company's Orlando office about 5 years ago and most of the people I talked to didn't go to Disney often. Those with teens prefer Universal. I can't see Disney trying to alienate them.

Last edited by DebbieB; 09-03-2013 at 06:12 PM.
DebbieB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:28 PM   #167
jce2
Mouseketeer

I dont put much stock in the rumors of no B in November. All we have is one supposed letter sent to the UK, versus numerous CMs stating there would be MBs in November. I hit 60 days at 10:00 tonight, then the real wait begins!

WDW 1990, 1996, 1998, 2000, 2013
DL 1997, 1999
Next up? WDW in December 2014!!

jce2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-03-2013, 07:54 PM   #168
Doug7856
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jce2 View Post
I dont put much stock in the rumors of no B in November. All we have is one supposed letter sent to the UK, versus numerous CMs stating there would be MBs in November. I hit 60 days at 10:00 tonight, then the real wait begins!
Upon reflection of the anecdotal evidence, I tend to agree. I suspect it's most likely that they haven't extended into November YET and that was construed to become WONT be extended.

Time will tell!
Old 09-03-2013, 11:11 PM   #169
jce2
Mouseketeer

Sure enough, promptly at 10:00 PM my calendar flipped to 60 days and I was able to do my on-line confirmation. But no MB or FP+

WDW 1990, 1996, 1998, 2000, 2013
DL 1997, 1999
Next up? WDW in December 2014!!

jce2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:12 PM   #170
DptyDogg
Mouseketeer

We're checking in on Nov 2 at SSR, a previously untested resort. I think this would be Disney's perfect opportunity to do so!!

Hopefully it's a wider rollout by then. Anxious to figure out how to plan, fastpass+ or fast pass-. Either way is fine, would just like to know which.

DptyDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 06:14 AM   #171
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

I hit 60 days today but just ordered our tickets yesterday from UT so will be a few days before I can try linking them and see if anything pops up about MB or fast passes although I am not expecting it to at this point since we are at BWI which hasn't been included in the testing.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 06:28 AM   #172
thisismyusername
Mouseketeer

We just got back from testing, and I was told by a FP+ dedicated CM that the testing had been going so well that they were going to stop it all together for September, but then decided in mid August to add 4 more resorts onto the ones that were in testing. She also anticipated a full roll out by the end of the year based upon how well things had been going. My guess is that November and December will be added as soon as they see how well things go with the new the resorts.

Really, other than the FP+ scheduling, the magic bands as of right now aren't any different than the RFID KTTW cards that we had been using in June. I can imagine that there's not many kinks to be worked out on the tap-to-pay/tap-to-enter side of MB since that technology has been up and working with all resorts for a while; it's just the FP+ stuff that's going to need some time to be worked out once it's fully implemented.
thisismyusername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 06:43 AM   #173
Richfield
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisismyusername View Post
We just got back from testing, and I was told by a FP+ dedicated CM that the testing had been going so well that they were going to stop it all together for September, but then decided in mid August to add 4 more resorts onto the ones that were in testing. She also anticipated a full roll out by the end of the year based upon how well things had been going. My guess is that November and December will be added as soon as they see how well things go with the new the resorts.

Really, other than the FP+ scheduling, the magic bands as of right now aren't any different than the RFID KTTW cards that we had been using in June. I can imagine that there's not many kinks to be worked out on the tap-to-pay/tap-to-enter side of MB since that technology has been up and working with all resorts for a while; it's just the FP+ stuff that's going to need some time to be worked out once it's fully implemented.
Yeah it doesn't seem to make much sense training up the staff and getting them used to the bands only to halt it for two months.
Richfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:12 AM   #174
magical memories
Mouseketeer

we are going end of November , can somebody fill me in please?? I am just learning of these bands but don't understand how they will work, how you get them, why just some hotels, is there a charge for them, and when will they be available? Thanks in advance if anybody can clarify for me
magical memories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:22 AM   #175
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by magical memories View Post
we are going end of November , can somebody fill me in please?? I am just learning of these bands but don't understand how they will work, how you get them, why just some hotels, is there a charge for them, and when will they be available? Thanks in advance if anybody can clarify for me
I'm pretty sure there is a Magic Bands sticky that answers all of these questions, but I'll give it a try.

Magic Bands are imbedded with an RFID chip (transmitter) that will have your room key and ticket information on it. It will allow you to wave your wrist at the door to open it or at the turnstiles to enter a park. Additionally, it is supposed to have your dining information and room charging information. However, to utilize those things, you will need to enter a PIN.

To get them, you have to be staying at one of the testing resorts (Google Magic Band testing) and when you go on My Disney Experience, you will be able to click on the icon and choose your colors and enter the names and all. Then, Disney will ship them to you. There is no charge for them, but when you get to Disney, you will be able to "bling" the bands and, of course, that will cost.

Availability is up in the air right now. Especially for those of us there in November (and really up in the air for me as I check in on 10/31). Right now, I'm going to guesstimate that the resorts currently testing will continue having the Magic Bands and that one or two other resorts will be added. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for deployment, but not holding my breath.

Hope this helped!

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:50 AM   #176
Fantasmiss
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richfield View Post
Yeah it doesn't seem to make much sense training up the staff and getting them used to the bands only to halt it for two months.
Unless they need to make adjustments to the system before they roll it out properly. Or I'm sure there are other reason they might. But I really really hope you're right! I want full roll out NOW!!
May 2008 - WDW - All Star Sports - 2 weeks
Jan 2009 - WDW - All Star Music + All Star Movies - 2 weeks - birthday trip
Feb/Mar 2010 - DLP - Santa Fe - 6 days
Jan 2011 - WDW - All Star Movies & Pop Century - 17 days - birthday trip
May 2011 - WDW - All Star Sports - 17 days - anniversary trip
Nov 2011 - DLP - Hotel Cheyenne - 6 days
Oct/Nov 2012 - WDW - All Star Sports+Art of Animation - 3 weeks - 10th Disney Trip!
Oct/Nov 2013 - WDW - All Star Sports - 25 days - birthday trip

MAR 2014 - DLP - HOTEL CHEYENNE - 5 DAYS - BIRTHDAY TRIP!
Fantasmiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:56 AM   #177
magical memories
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigmentChick View Post
I'm pretty sure there is a Magic Bands sticky that answers all of these questions, but I'll give it a try.

Magic Bands are imbedded with an RFID chip (transmitter) that will have your room key and ticket information on it. It will allow you to wave your wrist at the door to open it or at the turnstiles to enter a park. Additionally, it is supposed to have your dining information and room charging information. However, to utilize those things, you will need to enter a PIN.

To get them, you have to be staying at one of the testing resorts (Google Magic Band testing) and when you go on My Disney Experience, you will be able to click on the icon and choose your colors and enter the names and all. Then, Disney will ship them to you. There is no charge for them, but when you get to Disney, you will be able to "bling" the bands and, of course, that will cost.

Availability is up in the air right now. Especially for those of us there in November (and really up in the air for me as I check in on 10/31). Right now, I'm going to guesstimate that the resorts currently testing will continue having the Magic Bands and that one or two other resorts will be added. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for deployment, but not holding my breath.

Hope this helped!
thank you so much, it is a little bit clearer now
Old 09-04-2013, 08:38 AM   #178
magical memories
Mouseketeer

So this is what I found . . . But what about us Nov arrivals???

Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House Villas, Disney's Art of Animation Resort, Disney's Beach Club Resort and Villas, Disney's Polynesian Resort and Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside will be joining the existing test resorts which are Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House, Disney's Contemporary Resort, Disney's Pop Century Resort and Disney's Yacht Club Resort.

To take part in the test, guests will need to be arriving at their resort between September 3 and October 31 2013. As with the previous tests, the full range of MyMagic+ features will be available, including 'touch to pay,' 'touch to enter,' FastPass+ and MagicBands.

Disney expects the full roll-out of MyMagic+ to be complete and available to all guests by the end of 2013.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:56 AM   #179
Mick&Minn
Mouseketeer

i was able to get all my fast pass, dining and resort reservations linked No one sent me an invite to test it was just there to do and magic bands ordered for two rooms
Wilderness Lodge, PORF, AKL, POP Century
Once to Disneyland Howard Johnson
Once on the Disney Magic AOA Little Mermaid
Mick&Minn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:08 AM   #180
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick&Minn View Post
i was able to get all my fast pass, dining and resort reservations linked No one sent me an invite to test it was just there to do and magic bands ordered for two rooms
What is your check in date and the resort you are staying at?

ETA: I see by one of your posts on another thread that you are checking into your resort on Oct 29th.

I still haven't seen anyone say they are able to do it with a check in date of Nov.

Next up: WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973

Last edited by Wood Nymph; 09-04-2013 at 02:39 PM.
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: