Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2013, 11:44 AM   #1756
2binak
DVC Owner

Do you have to have tickets linked to MDE in order to get a FP+ invite?

11/90 Offsite, 11/97 PO, 5/99 DL, 1/00 CS, 1/04 PC, 12/05 SSR, 5/07 AKL, 10/08 SSR, 5/09 POFQ, 11/09 AKV Kidani, 11/10 AKV Kidani, 10/11 BWV, 10/12 BWV, 11/13 AKV Kidani, 5/14 BLT,11/14 BWV
2binak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:45 AM   #1757
telecomguy
Agent P

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavadell View Post
Do you think regular fastpass will still be available to fastpass+ users in Nov.? I'm really hoping to be able to use both!
I talked with someone that is a CM on another site (I know, take what CM's say with a grain of salt), and they seemed to think that I would get a KTTW card when I went in Nov/Dec. I think they're still not completely done with getting the RFID readers working at table service restaurants, and I would think it would take a bit to work that out.
November 2014 - All-Star Music

telecomguy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2013, 11:46 AM   #1758
telecomguy
Agent P

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2binak View Post
Do you have to have tickets linked to MDE in order to get a FP+ invite?
Yes, FP+ will only let you schedule if you have a valid park ticket.

Old 09-26-2013, 11:47 AM   #1759
nicynot
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNovacovschi View Post
I was worried about this as well an was advised by other posters from Canada that have already been with MB's that they still received the regular package.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Good to know!
thanks!

September 2009 - Caribbean Beach Resort, Jamaica w/Free Dining
November 2011 - Port Orleans French Quarter MVMCP w/ Free Dining
November 2013 - Coronado Springs Resort MVMCP w/ Free Dining MB's and F+

Saving for September 2015!
nicynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:16 PM   #1760
cassie58
DIS Veteran

I am 58 days out and was able to make FP+ today! but still can't customize magic bands. I have not done online check-in, but I see others on here who have not either, and have made bands - seems to be no rhyme or reason. Maybe which resort you're staying at makes a difference? Also, I saw many people mention getting a bonus FP+ at MK for a total of 4, but it did not come up as an option for me, just the usual "pick 3". Anyone else who's getting there's done for Thanksgiving week have 4 come up?

cassie58
11/08-ASMo & Timeshare
8/09-CSR
11/11-CSR
11/13-CSR & AKL
cassie58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:17 PM   #1761
Jay2009
Mouseketeer

I'm 44 days out today. I didn't check yesterday but the day before I wasn't able to do anything with MBs or FP+.

Today I went in and there it all was. I made my FP+ reservations and customized the bands.

I know I wasn't able to do it at 60 days but maybe 45 days was when they "turned it on" for us, who knows?
Old 09-26-2013, 12:18 PM   #1762
WorldWacky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by practicallyperfect77 View Post
Trying to help a.coworker out. She has ressies at BC arrives 11/7. She is going with 2 other families and so they have 3 separate reservations. One of her friends "invited" her to join MDE. She logs in and can see her reservation, but anyone know where she goes to "accept" the invite? Directions said to go to notifications but I don't see that anywhere.
I was just checking out the iPhone app and "notifications" is one of the options on the menu there. I don't know about the regular website. That's kind of a pain since now I'll have to explain to my sil that she'll need to get the app. It's been hard enough just getting her to sign up for MDE on the website. Still waiting of that so I can get all of us FP+ together.
Old 09-26-2013, 12:20 PM   #1763
telecomguy
Agent P

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassie58 View Post
I am 58 days out and was able to make FP+ today! but still can't customize magic bands. I have not done online check-in, but I see others on here who have not either, and have made bands - seems to be no rhyme or reason. Maybe which resort you're staying at makes a difference? Also, I saw many people mention getting a bonus FP+ at MK for a total of 4, but it did not come up as an option for me, just the usual "pick 3". Anyone else who's getting there's done for Thanksgiving week have 4 come up?

cassie58
11/08-ASMo & Timeshare
8/09-CSR
11/11-CSR
11/13-CSR & AKL
Seems weird, since it looks like you're staying at resorts which have done testing. You would still have a couple of weeks to customize your bands, so maybe another week or so and you might be able to customize? I'd say just keep checking.

As for the 4 FP+ at MK, I think that was a "bonus" FP+, and not everyone got one. Looks like that might have been a limited thing they were testing out.

Old 09-26-2013, 12:25 PM   #1764
poohbear13
Yoda, Jedi Master

ordered my MB's last night and made all my fast pass + reservations!!!! now we wait 46 more days

2006 Aug.~ CBR 2009 July ~ CBR 2011 July~ POR
2011 Dec. ~ POR 2012 Dec. ~ CSR
2013 Nov. ~ CBR 2015 Jan. ~ POR

poohbear13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:30 PM   #1765
telecomguy
Agent P

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldWacky View Post
I was just checking out the iPhone app and "notifications" is one of the options on the menu there. I don't know about the regular website. That's kind of a pain since now I'll have to explain to my sil that she'll need to get the app. It's been hard enough just getting her to sign up for MDE on the website. Still waiting of that so I can get all of us FP+ together.
I looked on the MDE website, and if you go to the MDE menu there is a "My Family & Friends" section. You can add people there, and I think that is where you can accept requests also. I did my DW's and mine on the Android and iPhone apps, but that looks like where you would go on the website.

Old 09-26-2013, 12:43 PM   #1766
practicallyperfect77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldWacky

My coworker was able to get in on the website yesterday. When you log in there is a My Disney Experience link in the upper right. Hover over that and notifications should be in there.
practicallyperfect77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:46 PM   #1767
practicallyperfect77
DIS Veteran

Is there a.good list somewhere that.shows FP+ available by Park. I have my schedule all figured out and hit the 60 day mark Sunday. Trying to figure out FP+ now but would like to know what all is available.
practicallyperfect77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:47 PM   #1768
DisneyFreaks
Don't get me started about those darn busses!

I am so upset now. I went ahead and did the online check in. We have a split stay and only one room from each reservation was showing but I thought (was hoping) the other two rooms would show after I finished. Wrong. The link to customize our bands showed up. I was so happy until I went in to customize and only the guests in the rooms that have the online check in have bands. There are two other guests in our party who have tickets linked to their names that have no bands there. I tried using the link that stated if you don't see all of your bands but it came back saying those reservations are already linked. How do I get bands for the guests in those rooms? I am about to pull my hair out here.
Old 09-26-2013, 12:47 PM   #1769
telecomguy
Agent P

Quote:
Originally Posted by practicallyperfect77 View Post
Is there a.good list somewhere that.shows FP+ available by Park. I have my schedule all figured out and hit the 60 day mark Sunday. Trying to figure out FP+ now but would like to know what all is available.
First post in the thread here has what has been available thus far, and a priority ranking:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3177863

Old 09-26-2013, 12:52 PM   #1770
2binak
DVC Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by telecomguy View Post
Yes, FP+ will only let you schedule if you have a valid park ticket.
Thanks. I've been trying for a week to get the system to take my ticket order confirmation # but it keeps telling me that it's unable to process my request and that I need to call WDW. My phone took the order # & acknowledged our tickets (that they are AP's). Then it said I had to go to my reservations to link them to my account and when I go there, there's nothing about my tickets. I guess I'm calling WDW tonight.

11/90 Offsite, 11/97 PO, 5/99 DL, 1/00 CS, 1/04 PC, 12/05 SSR, 5/07 AKL, 10/08 SSR, 5/09 POFQ, 11/09 AKV Kidani, 11/10 AKV Kidani, 10/11 BWV, 10/12 BWV, 11/13 AKV Kidani, 5/14 BLT,11/14 BWV

Last edited by 2binak; 09-26-2013 at 01:05 PM.
2binak is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: