Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2013, 08:10 PM   #1696
disneypingirl
disneypingirl

We are also checking in on 11/11. We have 3 rooms, at first it would not let me link up all three rooms, it did two but said it couldn't find my room. (which I thought was funny since I am paying for all three rooms) Called the tech line 407-939-7765 told them and they said they would have to fix it. A couple of days later my room showed up. As of today, I can get Fastpasses and just now one of the room showed up for the magic bands. I think patience with this new stuff is going to be needed. But I am excited about the bands.
disneypingirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:25 PM   #1697
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by angey77 View Post
I keep getting prompted to customize my Magic Band for November when I already have one with my AP on it from last week's trip. I thought AP holders just got one and that was it.
Right now, MBs are assigned by reservation, not by person or AP. This is expected to change. Sometime.

BwoZoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2013, 08:27 PM   #1698
angey77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoZoo22 View Post
Right now, MBs are assigned by reservation, not by person or AP. This is expected to change. Sometime.
Well, then, I'll have quite a pretty little collection given they also sent us two per person for this past trip!
Old 09-25-2013, 08:32 PM   #1699
mvirtue
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseMomx2 View Post
The benefit is the same as with a ride, you get to skip the line. Meet & Greets (especially those for the princesses) can have really long lines. As for the shows, at Fantasmic! they have a special section for FP+ holders. For the parades, Wishes and Illuminations they have special sections roped off for FP+ holders. The other benefit is you don't have to stake out your spot super early.
Thanks for your response!! Is the FP+ Fantasmic Seating the same as the meal seating? Do u recommend getting fast passes for meet & greets, parades & fireworks over rides?
mvirtue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:38 PM   #1700
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvirtue View Post
Thanks for your response!! Is the FP+ Fantasmic Seating the same as the meal seating? Do u recommend getting fast passes for meet & greets, parades & fireworks over rides?
I'm trying to figure out if it would be worth getting FP+ for shows like Disney Jr Live on Stage and Lion King. Anyone know if there is special seating or anything for these?

Very anxiously awaiting our next Disney vacation, which could be either March, April, or May 2016, Oct or Nov 2015, or this spring, if I have my way.
Sigh.

April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 with work DW Beach Club
May '01 with work DL Grand Californian
May '02 with work DW Boardwalk
May '03 with work DW Yacht Club
May '04 with work DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
CaraMiaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:51 PM   #1701
KNovacovschi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicynot View Post
had been struggling to do the customizing of the bands, so i tried to "modify online check in" and still nothing. I logged on to a computer with google chrome and tried it, still nothing. Then, i logged in under the "main" person we set up the reservation through during our booking on the phone with disney, even though i have been the one planning everything through my mde account. and then, after modifying his online line check in, without logging out, i was able to customize the bands!!!! then i read this... All your MagicBands are customized! You may update your customization selections until October 15, 2013. Your MagicBands will serve as your Disney's Magical Express "tickets" and Disney Resort hotel room "keys." Be sure to pack your MagicBands in a carry-on bag so you'll have them available upon arrival. Since i live in canada we will not be getting our bands, they dont ship up here, we have to pick up at the resort... how do i do the magical express? will we still get vouchurs?
I was worried about this as well an was advised by other posters from Canada that have already been with MB's that they still received the regular package.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

DD-16 DH-33 ME-36

Sept 17-23, 2006 - POP; Aug 12-18, 2007 - POP; Oct 14-20, 2012 - POP; Nov 17-23, 2013 - POP; Sept 27-Oct 4, 2014 - POP (adult only);
Sept 20-26, 2015 - POP (DM/DD trip)

I've been sprung....YEAH
KNovacovschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:51 PM   #1702
holden
DIS Veteran

Just check MDE for our 11/1 stay and I was able to choose FP+ and band colors! NO email notification at all. We are staying at the Poly, if that helps.

To the poster who asked about Disney Jr....I do think that was one of the options.

I chose Illuminations (along with Soarin' and Test Track) as one of our options. I hope the viewing area is good!

BTW, after you make your selection (from 4 options of combos of times) you can go back and change the time of any or all of your selections. For example, if you chose attractions A, B, and C with times of 9:15, 11, and 12, you can go back and change the times to 9, 10 and 11 if they are available. Glad I figured that out so we can get out of DHS by around 1pm!
DD - 7
holden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:54 PM   #1703
smcabee
Boomer Sooner

DW and I got notification today for our split stay in Nov. The weird part is we are at BC from Nov 5-11 and BW from Nov 11-16 and the band was listed for the BW ressie. We customized and did our FP+ stuff and will see what happens come check in time at the BC.
smcabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:21 PM   #1704
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

after months of waiting and waiting...within the last 24 hours I have gotten everything booked for our FP+, MB ordered, linked up with our friends!

so excited that this part of the planning is done

good luck to everyone else getting their picks

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:26 PM   #1705
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by angey77 View Post
I keep getting prompted to customize my Magic Band for November when I already have one with my AP on it from last week's trip. I thought AP holders just got one and that was it.
Your AP is not on the band. It is linked to your MDE profile. The band's chip simply accesses this information in Disney's database.

Go ahead and customize the new bands. If you don't they will send you gray ones. Both of your bands will be active so both will work.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:38 PM   #1706
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post
. No actually my daughter does and my husband doesn't in our room. LOL My daughter is 17 and very responsible so I am not worried about her having them, but would like if hubby could too.
Maybe MDE decided your hubby wasn't responsible enough

Is his age in MDE correct?
Old 09-25-2013, 09:45 PM   #1707
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelleBeaney View Post

Other people have indicated that are having issues with the Magic Bands too, I think there are still quiet a few bugs in the My Disney Experience system...I also had issues booking certain days that, at first, just didn't allow me to select that day at all! However, I close out of my account and went back in and then it worked so perhaps try that for the Sat? I am certain it must not be a 'test' anymore as the last info my Dreams Unlimited Travel agent got was that certain resort guests would be invited to participate in tests until 31 Oct 13 and since we have not recieved invitations but just found FP+ to be working on the website it must be the start of their actual rollout - well thats what I think anyway! In regards to the Magic Bands, do you have an Annual Pass? Apparently that's effecting the ability to get the bands as you'll still use your AP - otherwise, I don't know, just keep trying and hope the bugs sort themselves out or give Disney a buzz
I got FP PLUS FOR illuminations for sat nov 16, but now that days is blocked out for me. I printed the original conf so I don't get static. Is showing up in my plans but its all blacked ou in FP PAGE
Old 09-25-2013, 09:46 PM   #1708
stickeymouse
Mouseketeer

Is there any way to do online check in for multiple rooms, without having to create a profile for a person in each room?
stickeymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:53 PM   #1709
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

I manage to fix my wacky FP lists. Even though I had changed all 7 of our times to a new time, it was only showing some of us at the new time and we wound up having so many different times. I had tried to change just the ones that were wrong, but the computer couldn't seem to find the FPs when I tried to do it that way (those that were having the same trouble will know what I mean). After logging in and out and restarting my browser I decided to find one person in my group that had all the correct times and I copied that persons info over to the rest. Then I logged out and in again and now they are showing up correctly in my itinerary. All 7 of us have the same FPs at the same time. In the reservations view the extra FPs are still showing up, but the main 3 are showing all 7 of us now and the extras are not there when I look at the itinerary day by day.

Hope that helps someone else.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:55 PM   #1710
LittleMissGiggles89
Former Cast Member & Disney Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post
I'm trying to figure out if it would be worth getting FP+ for shows like Disney Jr Live on Stage and Lion King. Anyone know if there is special seating or anything for these?
I'm not sure about those shows exactly but I know when other theaters on property offered fast pass it only guarantees that you will have a seat inside the theatre. It does not guarantee you a certain section it just physically gets you inside. So if you have a FP but show up 5 minutes before a fully packed show starts your seats have the possibility of not being great because that FP only gets you in while other people who don't have the FP may be turned away. During busy season when shows fill up quickly its beneficial but if the shows won't fill then its makes sense to just get there 15-20 minutes early as suggested. I'm not sure if they've reworked this policy with FP+ System but in the past with regular fast pass this is how it worked.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: