Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2013, 05:13 PM   #1651
mvirtue
Earning My Ears

What's the benefit of using fast passes for meet & greets? Do you receive special seating if you have a fast pass for a show? Haven't used FPs in the past. Thanks!!
mvirtue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 05:30 PM   #1652
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshDavis View Post
I've been reading through all the posts and actually just got chewed out a little from someone at Disney when I called them about it...

I checked MDE today and was able to setup FastPasses for Nov 16-23 trip, so I did, but no way to customize MagicBands yet.

When I called Disney about it (b/c I hadn't been keeping up with all the MB news and was just waiting for an email), the woman told me I wasn't supposed to set up FP reservations yet and it's only a test so the computer is doing what it's supposed to by letting me set them up, but I have no business doing so until I get an email invitation.

Yet, the computer will let me reserve everything for every day we're there. Just no access to customize Magic Bands.

Do I have to wait for an email or can I check-in online and see if I can then customize bands?
I finally just checked in online today and it was there as soon as I was done
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2013, 05:35 PM   #1653
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndiSlamberg View Post
I'm so annoying with this whole MDE thing. Checking in Nov 4th, it won't let me do online check in or chose FP+ selections. The only thing it allows me to do is customize my Magic Bands. Located in Canada suggestions?
Do you have tickets linked to your account?
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 05:36 PM   #1654
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvirtue View Post
What's the benefit of using fast passes for meet & greets? Do you receive special seating if you have a fast pass for a show? Haven't used FPs in the past. Thanks!!
The benefit is the same as with a ride, you get to skip the line. Meet & Greets (especially those for the princesses) can have really long lines.

As for the shows, at Fantasmic! they have a special section for FP+ holders. For the parades, Wishes and Illuminations they have special sections roped off for FP+ holders. The other benefit is you don't have to stake out your spot super early.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 05:41 PM   #1655
WuvEeyore
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I've been reading through all the posts and actually just got chewed out a little from someone at Disney when I called them about it...

I checked MDE today and was able to setup FastPasses for Nov 16-23 trip, so I did, but no way to customize MagicBands yet.

When I called Disney about it (b/c I hadn't been keeping up with all the MB news and was just waiting for an email), the woman told me I wasn't supposed to set up FP reservations yet and it's only a test so the computer is doing what it's supposed to by letting me set them up, but I have no business doing so until I get an email invitation.

Yet, the computer will let me reserve everything for every day we're there. Just no access to customize Magic Bands.

Do I have to wait for an email or can I check-in online and see if I can then customize bands?
Just keep checking. My parents were able to customize theirs yesterday, but I had to wait until today. We did not have to do online check in to get the band's. It may be taking them awhile to load all the Nov ressies.
Old 09-25-2013, 05:43 PM   #1656
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:

I'd actually be tempted to fire off an email of complaint about the CM's attitude.

If you're in your own account on MDE and you click on fast pass+ and it allows you to book things, then it's allowing you to book things. Period. No window popped up and said "this is for those who have email invitations only!" *IF* this were just for those with an invite how were you supposed to know? The CM had no business chewing you out. It might be different for the BOG reservation, where people are going to a website that is not part of the MDE and using something that is supposed to be by invitation, but using a service offered within your own MDE page is not the same thing at all!

me DH DD23 DD12 DD9 Finnegan Daisy
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 Poly
maiapapaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 05:50 PM   #1657
MickeyMomTo2
Lauren S. @baseballsbows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheilby View Post
I noticed that the people who said they could get FPs near an ADR time seemed to be all talking about breakfasts and lunches. Like one of the previous posters I was not able to get a fast pass within two hours after my dinner ADR (no problem with before the ADR though even if it overlapped a bit). I took one of my party off my dinner reservation (and put in a temp dummy name) and then tried to get a FP just for that person an hour after the meal. I was indeed able to get a FP within an hour once he was removed from the reservation. Once I added him back I was not able to get that time slot. So, I took him off, changed his FP time to the one I wanted, then copied his time to the rest of us and then added him back to the ADR. Complicated, but it worked without having to give up the ADR. We now all have a 5-6 slot despite having a reservation at 4:05. I wonder if it is just dinner ADR's where they make you have a big cushion after the dinner? I noticed I didn't have a problem getting a slot closer to my one lunch ADR. On another note, I changed the time of once of our fastpasses on a different day and everything went through fine. I selected all 7 of us, but now according to our reservations we all have different times for the ride. I thought it just didn't take so I went in to change it again and the computer seems to think we all have the same time, yet still my reservation and itinerary pages say something different. I'm going to give it a couple of days before I worry.
This is happening to me too. We have different rides at different times of day even thought we are booked for the same rides at the same times.

I am also having the dinner problem. Going to try your suggestion.
Old 09-25-2013, 05:56 PM   #1658
shellypaige
Mouseketeer

Just wanted to share... I was able to do our FP+ last night but magic bands didn't show up until today. I was able to do our FP+ for 5 out of 6 of our party. 5 of our tickets are from a previous year, the 6th ticket, for my mom, was purchased through UT. I called disney tech support 3 times today (spent two hours total on the phone). All 3 CMs had totally different answers for what was wrong with the last FP+. One told me I can not make my selections because I don't have a formal invitation so they will just be erased when the system updates. The second told me that my mom and I were not "linked" properly and that's why it wasn't letting us make the selection. The 3rd CM tried a few things and then finally put me on hold while she went to the "help desk". She finally came back and said my mom's UT ticket shows as a magic band card, not a ticket, and this is a KNOWN problem that they are working on correcting. She said it may take a few weeks so in the mean time make all my FP+ selections for the rest of our party and then once disney has resolved the issue a CM will be able to "copy" our FP+ and apply it to my moms so she won't be excluded...
Gosh, I hope the CM is correct about this. I went ahead and made all of our selections... Anyone else have this experience? I hate the inconsistency in answers from CMs.
shellypaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 06:00 PM   #1659
DisneyFreaks
Don't get me started about those darn busses!

Quote:
After you schedule them, you can just go in and modify their FP's to go to a different experience. When you modify a selection you can chose one, some or all of the guests to modify. It actually works pretty well.
I did figure this out after playing with it for a while. I didn't realize that we can only replace an attraction and not just cancel a particular guest completely from an already selected FP+. Thanks for your input.
Old 09-25-2013, 06:03 PM   #1660
Pills
Mouseketeer

Are you guys getting an issue where the old FP+s are still showing up when you do new ones in MDE?

11/13 - POFQ
Pills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 06:07 PM   #1661
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pills View Post
Are you guys getting an issue where the old FP+s are still showing up when you do new ones in MDE?
Yes, quite a few people are reporting it now. I think the November DISers overwhelmed the site. They probably thought they had some time before Novembers started requesting FPs, you know, like after they actually sent an invite

Silly Disney.
Old 09-25-2013, 06:08 PM   #1662
scnrc00
Mouseketeer

I was able to customize my MB today but not FP+ yet! We don't check in until Nov. 30 so I will give it a couple days and try again.
Old 09-25-2013, 06:12 PM   #1663
AshDavis
Earning My Ears

UPDATE::

We checked in and afterward, we were magically able to customize Magic Bands and have them shipped to us. Done and done!

Not a huge fan of the MB, but feel like we need a fighting chance to get fast passes if everyone's got MBs.
AshDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 06:16 PM   #1664
nicynot
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Yes, quite a few people are reporting it now. I think the November DISers overwhelmed the site. They probably thought they had some time before Novembers started requesting FPs, you know, like after they actually sent an invite

Silly Disney.
because that would be the normal thing for us to do...? lol

September 2009 - Caribbean Beach Resort, Jamaica w/Free Dining
November 2011 - Port Orleans French Quarter MVMCP w/ Free Dining
November 2013 - Coronado Springs Resort MVMCP w/ Free Dining MB's and F+

Saving for September 2015!
nicynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 06:24 PM   #1665
Tinkerbell1013
Can't get enough of that Mouse!

Made our Fastpass+ reservations today and was able to customize our MagicBands. I'd already checked in (Nov 1, POFQ) so I edited my on-line check in and my MagicBand customization showed up! It wasn't an option at first but after I edited, it was available.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: