Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2013, 04:20 PM   #1636
DisneyFreaks
Don't get me started about those darn busses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshDavis View Post
That's reassuring. I was just surprised at how frustrated she seemed with me before I really started talking, ha! I guess they're getting lots of phone calls. I'll just wait. Thanks!
Yikes I was going to call them too until I read your post. This whole thing is so confusing to me that the last thing I need is someone chewing me out. LoL I too can make the FP+ selections but am not able to customize the bands. We haven't received any formal invitation but I did get a pop up when I logged into our MDE account that we could now make our selections. To add to my problems I'm having difficulties even trying to make the selections. How the heck do you cancel someone from an already made selection without having to replace it with another attraction? And it keeps forcing me to make three selections when we don't want three for some of the days. Do I just take them and not use them?
Old 09-25-2013, 04:21 PM   #1637
cindybelle
Mouseketeer

Has anyone else had this with IT

Has anyone else been told their issue would take 3-4 hours to fix.....then hear nothing.....to call back and be told 48 hours?
I was so excited to customize my MB last night for our November trip and couldn't wait do FP today after I purchased my passes. But I noticed some problems and was sure I needed them fixed before linking my passes.....I was right and glad I hadn't linked the passes yet.
But now I wait.....I've got ants in the pants!!
cindybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2013, 04:29 PM   #1638
disneypingirl
disneypingirl

We are traveling to WDW in November. I have DME set up and it shows my parks for each day. Today it let me picks fastpasses for each day, now I am just wondering if I can get the magic bands. Should I keep trying will they send me a email. I really want those bands!!!!!!
disneypingirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:32 PM   #1639
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFreaks View Post
Yikes I was going to call them too until I read your post. This whole thing is so confusing to me that the last thing I need is someone chewing me out. LoL I too can make the FP+ selections but am not able to customize the bands. We haven't received any formal invitation but I did get a pop up when I logged into our MDE account that we could now make our selections. To add to my problems I'm having difficulties even trying to make the selections. How the heck do you cancel someone from an already made selection without having to replace it with another attraction? And it keeps forcing me to make three selections when we don't want three for some of the days. Do I just take them and not use them?
The system does require you to have three FP+, whether you want them or not, and they have to be three separate experiences. Unless the server 'hiccups' during the process. I had FP+ for Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, and Space Mountain, Nov. 5. Went in to change the order and time, and now I apparently have a Jungle Cruise scheduled, and two rides on Haunted Mansion. Wish it had hiccuped on Space Mountain! I'm going to let the system calm down and try to fix it tonight. No big deal either way.

BwoZoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:32 PM   #1640
schoen
DIS Veteran

so, I have a split stay with different people for November. I was invited to customize my bands for the BCV part of my trip, which is just myself and my DH. The OKW portion of the trip is not giving me the option to customize, and that part if with my WHOLE family (nine of us). We are staying at OKW first. so, how will it work if my husband and I have a Magic Band and the rest of my party does not?
schoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:33 PM   #1641
TXTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseMomx2 View Post
You will actually get a second set of bands once December check ins have access to the system. Both sets will work for everything, they are just sending out a set per reservation right now, rather than one band per person. If you don't customize them they will send you gray bands so go ahead and pick a second color and enjoy!

Just go to Guest Services at any park or Downtown Disney to activate your APs. You shouldn't need to have the bands with you as nothing is actually stored on the bands. They link to Disney's database where your AP information will be. That said, you are probably going to want to use your band for entry so you should have it with you for that.
Oh my! Another one?!? I hope I can get another color, it would be awesome to be able choose between 2 colors to wear! I will surely be checking back on that!

Thank you for all of your helpful information. I have been to WDW many times, I LOVE having something new to learn about!

Now I can't wait to be able to make FP+ reservations! So much to learn for this non-techie Grandma!

1995-All Star Music; 1996-Port Orleans; 1998-All Star Music; 2000-Port Orleans; 2001-All Star Music (x2), Caribbean Beach; 2002-Beach Club; 2003-Disneyland, Candy Cane Inn; 2004-Boardwalk Villa's; 2006-Beach Club, All Star Music, Polynesian, Wilderness Lodge, Saratoga Springs, Grand Floridian (Oldest DD was in the College Program in 2006!); 2007-Pop Century, Saratoga Springs, Disneyland-Grand Californian; 2008-Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Boardwalk Villas, All Star Movies, Old Key West, 2009-Saratoga Springs, Old Key West; 2010- Saratoga Springs, Port Orleans Riverside, Saratoga Springs Grand Villa; 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge; 2012-Saratoga Springs, Old Key West; 2013- Art of Animation, Saratoga Springs; 2014- Old Key West, Saratoga Springs
TXTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:39 PM   #1642
Nicole33
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimandami View Post
You need to link the tickets to your MDE account for every person in your party. Are they shipping them to you, or did you do will call? If shipping, you will have to wait to receive them, then link, then make FP+. If will call, you should be able to put in your confirmation number from your e-mail and link them that way. Someone please feel free to correct me if I am wrong!
Ok, maybe that's it...I'm having my tickets shipped to me. I should have them in 5 days.
Then I would go in and enter the ticket number into MDE account? Then link them for the 4 people in our family? Then we should be able to choose FP+ choices?
Nicole33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:42 PM   #1643
DisneyFreaks
Don't get me started about those darn busses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoZoo22 View Post
The system does require you to have three FP+, whether you want them or not, and they have to be three separate experiences. Unless the server 'hiccups' during the process. I had FP+ for Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, and Space Mountain, Nov. 5. Went in to change the order and time, and now I apparently have a Jungle Cruise scheduled, and two rides on Haunted Mansion. Wish it had hiccuped on Space Mountain! I'm going to let the system calm down and try to fix it tonight. No big deal either way.
Thanks for the reply BwoZoo22. I'm glad to at least know that. It's driving me crazy trying to do this. Not all of us want to do some of the attractions but I can't figure out how to remove certain guests without replacing them with something else. Guess I'll just book them and skip them. Hopefully that won't affect the party members who do want to use them.
Old 09-25-2013, 04:47 PM   #1644
meggiebeth
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through...

For guests not living in the US, does it automatically ship to the resort? It still comes up with our home address in the UK on the customization page.

Meg~ Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

$5 A Day Means Disney MY Way! An October TR
~Our 18 day trip to Walt Disney World. Deluxe Dining Plan, Keys to the Kingdom Tour,
MNSSHP, Epcot Food & Wine Festival and MVMCP all in one trip!~

meggiebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:49 PM   #1645
AndiSlamberg
Mouseketeer

I'm so annoying with this whole MDE thing. Checking in Nov 4th, it won't let me do online check in or chose FP+ selections. The only thing it allows me to do is customize my Magic Bands. Located in Canada suggestions?
AndiSlamberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 05:07 PM   #1646
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by meggiebeth View Post
For guests not living in the US, does it automatically ship to the resort? It still comes up with our home address in the UK on the customization page.

Meg~ Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Yes. Your customized MB will be ready for you at check in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndiSlamberg View Post
I'm so annoying with this whole MDE thing. Checking in Nov 4th, it won't let me do online check in or chose FP+ selections. The only thing it allows me to do is customize my Magic Bands. Located in Canada suggestions?
Are your park tickets linked to your MDE account? That is a requirement for FP+. On line check in has been having error issues, so I would just keep trying that one. Eventually, if it doesn't work, a call to IT may be in your future...

BwoZoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 05:08 PM   #1647
jimandami
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole33 View Post

Ok, maybe that's it...I'm having my tickets shipped to me. I should have them in 5 days.
Then I would go in and enter the ticket number into MDE account? Then link them for the 4 people in our family? Then we should be able to choose FP+ choices?
Yes, just link a ticket to each person and you should be able to do FP+.
jimandami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 05:09 PM   #1648
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

I noticed that the people who said they could get FPs near an ADR time seemed to be all talking about breakfasts and lunches. Like one of the previous posters I was not able to get a fast pass within two hours after my dinner ADR (no problem with before the ADR though even if it overlapped a bit). I took one of my party off my dinner reservation (and put in a temp dummy name) and then tried to get a FP just for that person an hour after the meal. I was indeed able to get a FP within an hour once he was removed from the reservation. Once I added him back I was not able to get that time slot. So, I took him off, changed his FP time to the one I wanted, then copied his time to the rest of us and then added him back to the ADR. Complicated, but it worked without having to give up the ADR. We now all have a 5-6 slot despite having a reservation at 4:05.

I wonder if it is just dinner ADR's where they make you have a big cushion after the dinner? I noticed I didn't have a problem getting a slot closer to my one lunch ADR.

On another note, I changed the time of once of our fastpasses on a different day and everything went through fine. I selected all 7 of us, but now according to our reservations we all have different times for the ride. I thought it just didn't take so I went in to change it again and the computer seems to think we all have the same time, yet still my reservation and itinerary pages say something different. I'm going to give it a couple of days before I worry.
Old 09-25-2013, 05:10 PM   #1649
KNovacovschi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmw33 View Post
I was also offered fast pass time slots that directly overlapped an already scheduled ADR.
I did as well & the system warned me that they were overlapping.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

DD-17 DH-34 ME-37

Sept 17-23, 2006 - POP; Aug 12-18, 2007 - POP; Oct 14-20, 2012 - POP; Nov 17-23, 2013 - POP; Sept 27-Oct 4, 2014 - POP (adult only); Jan 26-30, 2015 - POP (Solo); Sept 20-26, 2015 - POP (DM/DD trip)

I've been sprung....YEAH
KNovacovschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 05:12 PM   #1650
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFreaks View Post
Thanks for the reply BwoZoo22. I'm glad to at least know that. It's driving me crazy trying to do this. Not all of us want to do some of the attractions but I can't figure out how to remove certain guests without replacing them with something else. Guess I'll just book them and skip them. Hopefully that won't affect the party members who do want to use them.
After you schedule them, you can just go in and modify their FP's to go to a different experience. When you modify a selection you can chose one, some or all of the guests to modify. It actually works pretty well.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: