Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2013, 09:27 AM   #151
brsirak
Earning My Ears

Magic Band and MDE ?

When I sign in to MDE I can see my tickets and my husbands...but not my daughters...should I be concerned and call IT???

We booked through Disney and everything else I have booked shows up.

Also, I "manage" the family...so I will be able to book all the FP+ things (assuming I get the chance to)...or do I need to link/invite them?

I don't feel like the directions are very clear.

Is there a place that explains/details all the FP+ options?

TIA for any help
Bridget
Old 09-03-2013, 09:37 AM   #152
jedijuhl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsmith376 View Post

We are staying at BLT checking in November 1st and VGF checking in November 2nd. I have checked in online at both resorts and cannot get magicbands or fastpass+ yet. Someone else reported on here that they didn't have the options either and they are staying at Pop checking in on November 1st.
Just did the Online Checkin this morning (Arriving Nov 2). We also don't have any options for MB or FP+ yet.....fingers crossed

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

jedijuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-03-2013, 09:40 AM   #153
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Quote:
Originally Posted by meryll83 View Post
What is the article saying?

REMEMBER.... it is a rumor. It is speculating that paper FPs will be available only to resort guests in the near future. People staying offsite and (I suppose) those who live locally will not be able to utilize this perk anymore.

It certainly would make a lot of sense if Disney wanted to fill all their resorts!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:04 AM   #154
AmberHeartsDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijuhl View Post
Just did the Online Checkin this morning (Arriving Nov 2). We also don't have any options for MB or FP+ yet.....fingers crossed

Ditto. Nothing for me either.
March/April 2007- Offsite~11/29/09-12/07/09-Polynesian (For free! I won a trip)~11/29-12/07/10-Polynesian~5/12-5/17/11 Polynesian~9/16-9/19/11 All Star Music~11/13-11/17/11 Animal Kingdom Lodge Club level - Honeymoon ~11/17-11/20/12 Disney Dream Cruise~11/2-11/9 2013 BLT/AKC (We finally bought a DVC!!!09/2013)~5/5-5/11 GFV~12/6-12/13 GFV ~ 10/12-10/17/2014 BLT ~ 12/6-12/13/14 GFV ~Disney Dream Cruise 12/4-12/7/15

Our Disney Travel Blog
AmberHeartsDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:10 AM   #155
brsirak
Earning My Ears

Why???

Anyone know why...when I go under "Magic Bands and Cards"...it appears that DH has a Key to the World...and DD and I have a different color icon that doesn't give a "type".

Confused!

Bridget
Old 09-03-2013, 10:36 AM   #156
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by brsirak
Why???

Anyone know why...when I go under "Magic Bands and Cards"...it appears that DH has a Key to the World...and DD and I have a different color icon that doesn't give a "type".

Confused!

Bridget
I had good luck with Disney IT. It did take time but they seemed to be eager to help. I used this number 407-939-7765. There are options to choose and one of them was for technical or internet support, I think. Good luck!

Old 09-03-2013, 10:54 AM   #157
Nixie
DIS Veteran

I wouldn't worry yet about not being able to get MBs or FPs for your Nov. trip. I think the first testers were only notified like 2 weeks before their vacations. I think people have assumed 60 days is the "date bookable by" and it has caught on like wild fire on boards like these. My guess is that they will either put a pause on FP+ testing for the holiday periods, but still maybe roll out the MB usage (since they aren't really connected); or maybe the are reconfiguring the system to let in some of the other media to be used for FP+ instead of just MBs like the RFID enabled UT tickets and will start opening up testing dates for that.

Nixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:12 AM   #158
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

I am really hoping the rumor of no new testing is wrong...looking forward to getting our MB's, if no FP+ I can live with that, just really want the MB's

maybe the no "testing" is meaning they won't add any new resorts during Nov and Dec, but if your resort had already "tested" you will automatically get MB and FP+...fingers crossed!

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:53 PM   #159
kaylasmom07
Mouseketeer

My guess is that if they are going to do more testing/roll out of magic bands in november we won't hear anything until the end of September or early October at the earliest. Who knows

No matter what they decide to do, I'm not stressing about it. Ill just go with the flow. Thank goodness I have the Dis. At least I know the people around here will keep me informed and I'll be one of the first to know either way!
kaylasmom07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:57 PM   #160
telecomguy
Agent P

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylasmom07 View Post
My guess is that if they are going to do more testing/roll out of magic bands in november we won't hear anything until the end of September or early October at the earliest. Who knows

No matter what they decide to do, I'm not stressing about it. Ill just go with the flow. Thank goodness I have the Dis. At least I know the people around here will keep me informed and I'll be one of the first to know either way!
I'm just going to plan as if we didn't have MB. I think even if we could get the MB on our trip, unless I know exactly how everything is going to work, I'm going to opt-out if possible. I'd rather go with something I know how to work, than with something I don't know how it's going to work, nor if I can use it like traditional FP was always used.
November 2014 - All-Star Music

telecomguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 01:16 PM   #161
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylasmom07 View Post

Hear, hear! My philosophy on this as well. An excuse to visit the Dis every day (like I need an excuse...)

I don't see myself using the FP+, except maybe for the day of. We are usually fairly loose with our schedule. Perhaps I will schedule them as we are on the bus heading to the park. That will be nice. No more running all the way to RnRC in HS to get a good FP.

BwoZoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 01:26 PM   #162
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brsirak View Post
When I sign in to MDE I can see my tickets and my husbands...but not my daughters...should I be concerned and call IT???

We booked through Disney and everything else I have booked shows up.

Also, I "manage" the family...so I will be able to book all the FP+ things (assuming I get the chance to)...or do I need to link/invite them?

I don't feel like the directions are very clear.

Is there a place that explains/details all the FP+ options?

TIA for any help
Bridget
The official how to can be found here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/pl...fastpass-plus/

And the FAQ page (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/fa...ride-planning/) says, "When you make FastPass+ selections, you select which members of your party wish to experience each attraction or entertainment offering. If individuals do not want to share an experience, you can select alternate experiences for those party members."

It sounds like if everyone in your family is linked, and you are the manager, when you sign up for a FP+ it will apply it to all. That is my interpretation, anyway. I've read others having issues with this, but maybe a current user can confirm this.

BwoZoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 02:21 PM   #163
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoZoo22 View Post
The official how to can be found here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/pl...fastpass-plus/

And the FAQ page (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/fa...ride-planning/) says, "When you make FastPass+ selections, you select which members of your party wish to experience each attraction or entertainment offering. If individuals do not want to share an experience, you can select alternate experiences for those party members."

It sounds like if everyone in your family is linked, and you are the manager, when you sign up for a FP+ it will apply it to all. That is my interpretation, anyway. I've read others having issues with this, but maybe a current user can confirm this.
You are right; that is how it is supposed to work. But when we went into MDE to make our FP+ selections it said I was not eligible to participate and my DH was. We are traveling together, our APs are both linked. It was an issue that only IT could handle.

One thing each of the CMs I spoke to agreed on was this: They would rather you called them and had them work the bugs out before your trip than to wait until you get there to see if it can be fixed at your resort.

And, interestingly, the last tech who called me last night said that none of our problems could have been handled except by the higher level of IT that eventually got to work on our accounts. It could not have been worked out any more quickly once we arrived and would still have required the phone calls I have had to make.

Old 09-03-2013, 04:40 PM   #164
Farps
Mouseketeer

Spoke with a CM from IT last night

Had to call Disney last night to link up my park tickets, person from IT said that if we are going to be selected for MB testing that we probably would find out about it 14-30 days before our trip. She also hinted that testing should expand into other resorts by November as well. She was very helpful and informative. Fingers crossed !!!
Old 09-03-2013, 05:11 PM   #165
Richfield
Mouseketeer

Seems to be more anecdotal evidence that it will continue rather than not. Find out in a few weeks by the sound of it.
Richfield is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: