Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2013, 11:39 PM   #1
TXStormtrooper
Earning My Ears

Paying with Magic Bands - when do charges process?

If we touch pay for meals, souvenirs, etc. with our Magic Bands, when do those charges actually process? Do they go onto our resort bill and process at the end of our stay? Do they process onto our credit card immediately? If we want to use gift cards or cash for those things, do we need to use them to pay in the parks, or can we charge them via MagicBand and use the gift cards and/or cash on the day before we check out to clear the bill at our resort? Are we stuck actually having them charge onto the credit card we give at check in? We'd rather not take a bunch of cash into the parks, but don't want a bunch of daily charges on our credit card, either.
2007 - Polynesian
2013 - Polynesian - THANKSGIVING
www.bentosonthebayou.com
TXStormtrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 11:46 PM   #2
CAbryan
Earning My Ears

At the end of your stay you will get an itemized statement of all charges. You can pay it off with cash or a CC.

Make sure to remember the PIN you choose. You will need this to charge with your band.

'86 / '88 / '99 / '05 / '08 / '10 - Disneyland
'83/ '07/ '09 / '12 / '13- DisneyWorld
10/11/2014 - POFQ

CAbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-22-2013, 12:40 AM   #3
POOHsie
DIS Veteran

You accumulate room charges as your trip goes along. Each level of resort has a cap on charging. Estimated Cap: Value - $500, Moderate - $1000, Deluxe - $1500. When your charges reach the cap, the charges are put thru to your payment method on file. Then you are clear to accumulate up to the cap again (and CC credit limit). Your charges for the day will show up on your folio during that same day, late night charges show up next am. It's possible that some last minute charges will hit after you've checked out, and you'll get an email with a record of the extra charges.

At the end of your stay you will get a folio. We leave the resort without going to the lobby for check-out, so our charges are automatically processed. I'm guessing you can go to the lobby and pay off your charges by your payment method of choice.

You could check with the front desk during your trip and make payment(s) toward your room charges before you reach the end of your stay.
Old 11-22-2013, 06:44 AM   #4
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

As PP said, the Magic Band charges accumulate on your room account up to your maximum limit which is $500 Value, $1000 Moderate, and $1500 Deluxe.
You can put a gift card on your account any time after the first charge, we could not do it before that. Then the charges will be paid down by the gift card.
If you have any balance over the gift card amount, it is charged to the credit card on file at about 3 AM on your checkout morning. So if you have charges that you do not want to go on the credit card on file be sure to settle them the evening before checkout.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:02 AM   #5
MinnieDaisy
Minnie Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefully View Post
You can put a gift card on your account any time after the first charge, we could not do it before that. Then the charges will be paid down by the gift card.
If you have any balance over the gift card amount, it is charged to the credit card on file at about 3 AM on your checkout morning. So if you have charges that you do not want to go on the credit card on file be sure to settle them the evening before checkout.
Thank you for that info, we were wanting to use a giftcard!
MinnieDaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:54 AM   #6
skriegerjr
Monorail Maven

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAbryan View Post
At the end of your stay you will get an itemized statement of all charges. You can pay it off with cash or a CC.

Make sure to remember the PIN you choose. You will need this to charge with your band.
Don't forget you can also pay off with Disney Gift Cards. I will note, that on our last trip, Nov 2-10, I stopped by the night before we checked out, got a statement of our charges, and was told I could pay it off the next day when checking out. I did ask at that time, if it would be ok to use our Disney Gift Cards, and was told absolutely. By the next morning, the statement was already on our door, and had already charged the Credit card on file. I did go and ask that they refund the card and paid the balance with gift cards.

I will admit, using the band was super easy, and also made it easy to lose track of how much was spent. Both my wife and I were speculating that we thought we spent between $300-$400 on the bands over the course of our 8 nights, and when I got to the desk, it was only $180. I was shocked and thought for sure there was a mistake, so I asked to see a print out, and sure enough, day by day, that was it. We did use Gift Cards while we were there for most things, but for tips, and adult beverages or anything else not included with the dining plan, we just showed the band. I'm sure some people will feel it helps them overspend, but for us, we thought it added a lot of convenience to our trip.

"Any review by me is based on my own personal experience and isn't necessarily indicative of similar experiences in the future, for myself or for other guests. Please use the review at your own risk, and know that it is worth exactly what you paid for it..."

skriegerjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 09:45 AM   #7
SyracuseWolvrine
Hockey Fanatic
Is he a bigger hockey fan than a Canadian?

The hotel room charges (including all charges made using your Magic Bands) will be processed automatically at approximately 3am on the morning of checkout. So, if you want to use cash, gift cards, or some other method of payment, go to the front desk the night before you check out to settle your bill.

(they CAN take the other payment and refund the CC after it's been charged, it just takes some time, and the issuing bank of the CC may be slow to post refunds on your statement)
The opinions and comments in the above post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, policies or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates, including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all areas contained therein. Any information or advice in the above post is subject to change at any time without notice. Tampering with, disabling, or destroying lavatory smoke detectors is prohibited. This post may contain nuts or be written by someone who is nuts. Void where prohibited. This post may not be reproduced without express written permission of the Commissioner of Baseball. The moving rubber line is moving at the same speed as you. Member FDIC.
SyracuseWolvrine is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: