Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2013, 06:09 AM   #1
alldiz
DIS Veteran

Can you request magic bands early?

Hi,
I have a split stay…arriving for 12/26….then going on a cruise on 12/30.

I am going back to WDW 1/4. I requested my magic bands but for my 1/4 trip it says I can customize till 12/24.

If they ship them then I will be gone already

Has anyone requested them to mail the bands earlier?
Thanks
Kerri
1978-offsite 1st visit, 1982, 1992 offsite, May 2006- 1st family trip Wilderness Lodge, Nov 2006 Wilderness Lodge, Jan 07- POFQ and POP, May 2007- SSR 1st DVC trip Aug 2007- YC, BCV...and POFQ free diningApril 2008-BWV,and OKW Oct 2008-BWV and WLV 1st trip "home", Nov/Dec 2009- WLV and DCL April 2011- BCV, Carnival Cruise,AKV(Kidani), BLT.... Aug/Sept 2011-OKW, and BWVMarch/April 2013-SSR May 2013-BWV and BCV June/July 2013-Carnival Cruise and WLV Dec/Jan 2013/14 -AKV Jambo, Carnival Cruise, WLV
alldiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 07:32 AM   #2
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Don't worry if you miss your second set of bands though. You will be able to use your first set for both parts of your trip. Each band has a chip that reads your MDEx profile in Disney's database. Nothing is actually stored on them.

If you really want both sets for your trip you could try calling Disney to see if they could be shipped to your resort instead of your home.

Hang onto your bands when you get home. You will be able to bring them back and use them on future trips.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-22-2013, 12:29 PM   #3
alldiz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseMomx2 View Post
Don't worry if you miss your second set of bands though. You will be able to use your first set for both parts of your trip. Each band has a chip that reads your MDEx profile in Disney's database. Nothing is actually stored on them.

If you really want both sets for your trip you could try calling Disney to see if they could be shipped to your resort instead of your home.

Hang onto your bands when you get home. You will be able to bring them back and use them on future trips.
Oh thats good to know…..I'm surprised they will mail a second set then….seems like a waste of money.
Thanks
Kerri
1978-offsite 1st visit, 1982, 1992 offsite, May 2006- 1st family trip Wilderness Lodge, Nov 2006 Wilderness Lodge, Jan 07- POFQ and POP, May 2007- SSR 1st DVC trip Aug 2007- YC, BCV...and POFQ free diningApril 2008-BWV,and OKW Oct 2008-BWV and WLV 1st trip "home", Nov/Dec 2009- WLV and DCL April 2011- BCV, Carnival Cruise,AKV(Kidani), BLT.... Aug/Sept 2011-OKW, and BWVMarch/April 2013-SSR May 2013-BWV and BCV June/July 2013-Carnival Cruise and WLV Dec/Jan 2013/14 -AKV Jambo, Carnival Cruise, WLV
Old 11-22-2013, 03:43 PM   #4
Raenstoirm
BL6 Team Challenge Tracker
Lets go get me your numbers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alldiz View Post
Oh thats good to know…..I'm surprised they will mail a second set then….seems like a waste of money.
Thanks
Kerri
split stays are actually rare, so 99% of guests don't have bands yet. I suspect as time goes on there will be a question "do you need bands?" when you make a reservation.

Trying to stay at every resort, but we are creatures of habit!
Caribbean Beach/Riverside/Wilderness Lodge/All Star Movies/Beach Club/Contemporary

Raenstoirm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:03 PM   #5
DVC4US
DVC Member since 1998

I don't believe they will ship your bands that close to your trip. That is the final day to customize the bands and not get the gray ones at check-in. If you have your bands customized by 30 days from your check-in date they will ship them, but if you wait until later or by 12/24 then the bands will be waiting for you at check-in.

DVC4US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:18 PM   #6
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alldiz View Post

Thanks
Kerri
Lol. I have four separate consecutive reservations in January. We are getting sets for each part of our trip.

That's a fluke date for customization. Makes no sense. I would probably customize early (with all our sets we are making up silly or short inspirational words to out in the bands and I'm getting different colors. Accessories, you know. ) then I would check back to see if that error is fixed later.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 09:55 AM   #7
alldiz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raenstoirm View Post
split stays are actually rare, so 99% of guests don't have bands yet. I suspect as time goes on there will be a question "do you need bands?" when you make a reservation.
Rare….always knew I was special I love split stays…this one is a three way with the cruise:good vibes…in the future that makes sense
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC4US View Post
I don't believe they will ship your bands that close to your trip. That is the final day to customize the bands and not get the gray ones at check-in. If you have your bands customized by 30 days from your check-in date they will ship them, but if you wait until later or by 12/24 then the bands will be waiting for you at check-in.
Gotcha….sounds reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
Lol. I have four separate consecutive reservations in January. We are getting sets for each part of our trip.

That's a fluke date for customization. Makes no sense. I would probably customize early (with all our sets we are making up silly or short inspirational words to out in the bands and I'm getting different colors. Accessories, you know. ) then I would check back to see if that error is fixed later.
Yea I picked different colors as well for easy spotting.
Thanks
Kerri

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: