DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2013, 08:00 PM   #1
francie57
DIS Veteran

Opinions on Resale Realtors

We are currently looking at buying resale contracts for the BWVs. There are listings at The Timeshare Store (dvc-resales) that we like but there is also one with Fidelity that is good. Is one better than the other? Also, would it be dumb to do a contract with each since the Fidelity one is so good but to make the total points we want the TSS has one that would make up the difference. TSS has another that would work to make our total points but the Fidelity one is cheaper. Also does anyone know if we would have to finance separately or do you just finance the total amount you want to and then send checks to each realtor. Just when I think I have this figured out more questions come up. Thanks for any help.
francie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:13 PM   #2
ToddyLu
Welcome aboard explorers- I love Mr. Ray

From what I understand both are excellent choices. We purchased direct. I believe Fidelity actually has the contract with Disney--officially. But you can purchase from any resaler. Many people by different contracts from different vendors. I would have to have the same UY though.
first trip ASMo 2002, ASMo 2003, ASMo 2004 twice, ASMo 2005, POFQ 2006, Pop 2007, Pop 12/2008 with DDP, AKV SV 10/09 with DDP, AKV SV 12/10, AKV 5/11, AKV SV 10/11, AKV 5/12, AKV 10/12, AKV 11/13, AKV 5/14, AKV 10/14, AKV 5/15
My DH loves me for my points!!
ToddyLu is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2013, 08:29 PM   #3
cel_disney
DIS Veteran

I am not sure you can finance resale?
cel_disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:44 PM   #4
amandaC
Mouseketeer

I've used both and have been happy. I'd go with the better deal. Remember though that fidelity have a $195? fee on top of the purchase price. And I don't think either finance.
amandaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:47 PM   #5
Belle & Ariel
DIS Veteran

We had a terrible experience with Fidelity last week.
The week before we found a contract they had that we wanted. Some of the brokers have agreements where they sell each others' listings and share the commission. Our broker called Fidelity to confirm the contract was still for sale-- Fidelity often leaves them on long after they have been sold.
It was still available and we made a full price offer, agreed to pay MFs and closing, and no financing contingency. It was accepted. The next afternoon we were told it was sold to someone else.
The next day someone on here posted they had bought the contract the day before--made offer after ours was received and accepted. She bought from Fidelity so they did not have to share the commission with our broker.
Little did they think when they switched to their buyer that we would both post here and they would be found out!
For years people talk on here of how incompetent Fidelity is; we can add unethical and greedy.
I think Disney gives them the foreclosed contracts because they do not want to make resale easy for us.

Last edited by CarolMN; 08-31-2013 at 08:39 AM. Reason: filter violation
Belle & Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 11:22 PM   #6
DizGirl20
DIS Veteran

Had very good experiences with DVC by Resale, Timeshare Store and Fidelity. Don't worry too much about others experiences. Just pick the best contract and go for it! Good Luck!
Old 08-28-2013, 06:18 AM   #7
JustTinking
DVC Member since 2002

We are in the process of closing on a BWV contract with TSS and it has gone very smoothly and quickly. Fidelity was very helpful when I spoke to them but didn't have the UY I wanted. They also NEVER update their website so I've almost stopped looking at them because it's a waste of time.

TSS offers financing options.

JustTinking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:36 AM   #8
agie65
New Disney Fan

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle & Ariel View Post
We had a terrible experience with Fidelity last week.
The week before we found a contract they had that we wanted. Some of the brokers have agreements where they sell each others' listings and share the commission. Our broker called Fidelity to confirm the contract was still for sale-- Fidelity often leaves them on long after they have been sold.
It was still available and we made a full price offer, agreed to pay MFs and closing, and no financing contingency. It was accepted. The next afternoon we were told it was sold to someone else.
The next day someone on here posted they had bought the contract the day before--made offer after ours was received and accepted. She bought from Fidelity so they did not have to share the commission with our broker.
I kind a disagree with that statement, couple times I made an offer to Fidelity on same property some one else made offer before me and was lower then mine, but they will allow first responder to complete the process before second offer can start the negotiation.
Little did they think when they switched to their buyer that we would both post here and they would be found out!
For years people talk on here of how incompetent Fidelity is; we can add unethical and greedy.
I think Disney gives them the foreclosed contracts because they do not want to make resale easy for us.
Bolding is mine

Last edited by CarolMN; 08-31-2013 at 08:40 AM. Reason: edit quoted post
agie65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:17 AM   #9
Belle & Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by agie65 View Post
Bolding is mine
We were the first buyer. Our process was completed in that the seller accepted our offer.
The second buyer came along after but Fidelity got a better commission from them and bounced us. She posted on here when she made offer and when it was accepted--both were after us.
It would have been great and the ethical thing if they allowed the first buyer (us) to complete the process through closing.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:20 AM   #10
Belle & Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustTinking View Post
We are in the process of closing on a BWV contract with TSS and it has gone very smoothly and quickly. Fidelity was very helpful when I spoke to them but didn't have the UY I wanted. They also NEVER update their website so I've almost stopped looking at them because it's a waste of time.

TSS offers financing options.
Maybe Fidelity doesn't update their site because like in our case they will switch buyers if a better offer comes along???
Old 08-28-2013, 08:29 AM   #11
wrighter
DIS Veteran

We are in the process of finalizing a contract with Fidelity and so far have few complaints. I was very nervous about using Fidelity, because of Belle & Ariel's experience, as well as everyone else saying how slow they are. I have to admit, our only issues have been based on the seller, and not Fidelity. Anytime I have had a question, our agent has been quick to respond. We got our contract within one business day of coming to terms with the seller. However, I highly suspect that the seller is using snail mail for their contract and not email/fax. Nothing we can do about that except wait for them. No way to know.

It is hard when I see people who use TSS talk about having everything done in one day - I'm so jealous! Lol! But luckily we have plenty of time and don't need these points immediately. Patience is not one of my better virtues! :-)

I highly agree with everyone who has said to go with whoever has the right contract. If you have flexibility with resort, UY, # of points, etc, then you will be able to choose whichever realtor you feel most comfortable with. However, if you are firm about these things, and someone has exactly what you're looking for, just go for it.

Good luck!
April 2014 Animal Kingdom Villas-----October 2014 Boardwalk Villas-----April 2015 BLT & Magic 7-Day Western Caribbean-----2015 Family Reunion at WDW?
wrighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:48 AM   #12
bighoo93
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle & Ariel View Post
Maybe Fidelity doesn't update their site because like in our case they will switch buyers if a better offer comes along???
We had a great resale purchase experience with Fidelity, though the agent I dealt with has since moved on and created her own business. I think the entire DVC (and probably timeshare) resale industry is a bit unconventional, unruly, and even shady. I'm not sure that this should be pinned on an individual company, and these experiences seem to happen on occasion regardless of the resale agency.

I'm hoping I never have to do it again, I feel like I got lucky with such an easy transaction the first time.
bighoo93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:02 AM   #13
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizGirl20 View Post
Had very good experiences with DVC by Resale, Timeshare Store and Fidelity. Don't worry too much about others experiences. Just pick the best contract and go for it! Good Luck!
Same with me.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:08 AM   #14
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

I have bought 5 contracts via resale since 2006 (tried to buy a 6th that got cancelled on me) and so I've dealt with all the brokers at one time or another. Here is who we can discuss on the DIS: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3039176 and the only one of those I recommend is TTS (for smooth transaction and good service...also will negotiate price and are very communicative).
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:46 AM   #15
Andrew015
WL Guru

I am another happy Fidelity customer. My resale purchase process was smooth and painless.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: