Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-17-2012, 05:09 AM   #1
fireman17
"The funny thing about firemen is, night and day there's always firemen".
 
fireman17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Groton,CT
Posts: 1,187

Haunted Mansion spooky experiences

Wanted to share an experience that happened to my stepson, son and daughter while in the haunted Mansion last week and see if anyone else has stories to share. We went from Nov. 7th to the 13th and on Nov. 12th we attended the MVMCP while waiting for the second parade my stepson, son and daughter headed over to ride Haunted Mansion.
When they returned they told us the que area was fantastic and had some small stories of being spooked but the biggest one was yet to come. There was a good size crowd getting on the ride and all three went in the same doom buggy and they all saw the doom buggy's behind them being loaded. Well, when they came to the end of the ride where the ghost bride ask you to hurry back the ride stopped for a couple minutes. The ride then continued forward to the unloading area and when the kids stepped out and looked behind them there was only a handful of other people getting off. The others where no where to be seen so they made a quick exit and founds us and told us their story.
Now this is not the first time this has happened years back when my oldest son was younger he and I rode Haunted Mansion and experienced the same incident people loading in behind us only not to be there at unloading. So, where do they go????
__________________
fireman17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:24 AM   #2
umichigan10
DIS Veteran
 
umichigan10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 1,699

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireman17 View Post
Wanted to share an experience that happened to my stepson, son and daughter while in the haunted Mansion last week and see if anyone else has stories to share. We went from Nov. 7th to the 13th and on Nov. 12th we attended the MVMCP while waiting for the second parade my stepson, son and daughter headed over to ride Haunted Mansion.
When they returned they told us the que area was fantastic and had some small stories of being spooked but the biggest one was yet to come. There was a good size crowd getting on the ride and all three went in the same doom buggy and they all saw the doom buggy's behind them being loaded. Well, when they came to the end of the ride where the ghost bride ask you to hurry back the ride stopped for a couple minutes. The ride then continued forward to the unloading area and when the kids stepped out and looked behind them there was only a handful of other people getting off. The others where no where to be seen so they made a quick exit and founds us and told us their story.
Now this is not the first time this has happened years back when my oldest son was younger he and I rode Haunted Mansion and experienced the same incident people loading in behind us only not to be there at unloading. So, where do they go????
(

The Twilight Zone...
oh wait sorry wrong ride
__________________
1997 Wilderness Lodge
1998,99,2000,2002,2003,2004,2006,2007,2009 Old Key West
2005 Boardwalk Villas
2008 Saratoga Springs
2011 Bay Lake Tower
2012 April-All Star Music w/ band
2012 July- Bay Lake Tower

"Somethings wrong, shut the light, heavy thoughts tonight, and they aren't of Snow White"-an example of Metallica and Disney going hand in hand
umichigan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-17-2012, 08:09 AM   #3
Senator Tressel
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Columbus
Posts: 884

Three people stepped out of a doom buggy and into a nightmare.
Senator Tressel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:17 AM   #4
KellyNY
DIS Veteran
 
KellyNY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 7,224

So, are there 1002 ghosts now?
__________________
KELLY


DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
KellyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:19 PM   #5
umichigan10
DIS Veteran
 
umichigan10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 1,699

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Tressel View Post
Three people stepped out of a doom buggy and into a nightmare.
Precisely
__________________
1997 Wilderness Lodge
1998,99,2000,2002,2003,2004,2006,2007,2009 Old Key West
2005 Boardwalk Villas
2008 Saratoga Springs
2011 Bay Lake Tower
2012 April-All Star Music w/ band
2012 July- Bay Lake Tower

"Somethings wrong, shut the light, heavy thoughts tonight, and they aren't of Snow White"-an example of Metallica and Disney going hand in hand
umichigan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:47 PM   #6
cuchu2005
DIS Veteran
 
cuchu2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 775

Lap bars don't seem to be effective enough as a restraint. Seat belts comming soon to Doom Buggies...

Mx
__________________
Me - DW - DD (7) - DD (3):
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jul 1994 - WDW with Mom and Dad and Sister - Feb 1999 - WDW with DW to be - Mar 2000 - WDW with DW to be - Apr 2002 - Disneyland Paris with DW on Honeymoon - Jan 2008 - Discovered the Dis - Feb 2008 - WDW with DW and first DD (2) and on my Bday. - May 2009 - WDW with DW and first DD (3) - Sep 2010 - WDW with DW and DD (4) and DD (9mths) - Feb 2011 - WDW with DW and DD (5) and DD (1) - Nov 2011 - WDW with DW and DD (6) and DD (1) - Feb 2012 - DLR with DW and DD (6) and DD (2) - Feb 2013 - WDW with DW and DD (7) and DD (3)
cuchu2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:19 PM   #7
JeanfromBNA
"Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming!"
 
JeanfromBNA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,060

Well maybe there aren't just 999 happy haunts.
__________________
Jean
____________________________

1995 Disney Institute Treehouses 2005 Wilderness Lodge 2007 Yacht Club 2008 Coronado Springs 2008 Beach Club 2009 Grand Floridian 2009 Disney Wonder
2009 Disney Wonder 2009 Polynesian Resort 2011 Coronado Springs 2011 Portofino Bay Hotel UO 2012 Old Key West October, 2012, Proud new DVC AKL Kidani owners!May, 2013 Disney DreamSeptember, 2013 AulaniMarch, 2014 BWV October, 2014 AKV
JeanfromBNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:00 AM   #8
turtlechick6
supergeek
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 222

One time I got stopped on the ride at the part where you are laying down on the buggy when it goes down that hill. So I was stuck lying backwards for a couple minutes I guess while they loaded a wheelchair or something. It was a little uncomfortable.
turtlechick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 01:37 PM   #9
emilily88
So fetch.
 
emilily88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: midwest is best
Posts: 1,136

Recently discovered doombuggies.com so I'm bumping this thread
__________________
It was all started by a mouse.

WDW 2000, 2002
High School Musical Kansas premiere 2007
Lion King Gazelle Tour 2013
emilily88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 01:44 PM   #10
Son of Gadsden
Sometimes you're the hammer, sometimes you're the nail.
 
Son of Gadsden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Danville, VA
Posts: 834

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlechick6 View Post
One time I got stopped on the ride at the part where you are laying down on the buggy when it goes down that hill. So I was stuck lying backwards for a couple minutes I guess while they loaded a wheelchair or something. It was a little uncomfortable.
Same happened to me and my dad on test track...the ride died on the high bank turn. We hung by our seat belts exactly above the entrance to the souvenir store for about 15-20 minutes.
__________________

Poly- '92, '94,'98, '00, '11, '12,
POR- 10'
AoA- April '13, Dec '13
Pop- Dec '13, Apr '14
CSR- '13
Son of Gadsden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:16 PM   #11
larryz
Looking for the perfect vacation
 
larryz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 2FAR2MK
Posts: 7,033

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireman17 View Post
The others where no where to be seen so they made a quick exit and founds us and told us their story.
Now this is not the first time this has happened years back when my oldest son was younger he and I rode Haunted Mansion and experienced the same incident people loading in behind us only not to be there at unloading. So, where do they go????
I know what happened...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0M-yetCGm-A
__________________
Counting down!



Last edited by larryz; 08-27-2013 at 09:28 PM.
larryz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:32 PM   #12
bdcp
DIS Veteran
 
bdcp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Virginia
Posts: 4,354

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryz View Post
LOL. Yeah, that seems completely real.

Like someone's film school project maybe with really bad acting.

So, like at least once or twice per year someone starts a HM thread with a "real" story lol.

The best part of that video is how they made it. Really cool.
__________________
Caribbean Beach Resort Nov 89
Shades of Green Nov 98
Shades of Green Nov 05
Shades of Green Nov 08

Shades of Green Oct 11
Shades of Green Nov 13

Last edited by bdcp; 08-27-2013 at 09:46 PM.
bdcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.