Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2013, 04:35 PM   #1
MattRyan
Mouseketeer

Ohana Question

Does anyone know if 'Ohana makes accommodations for people who can not eat a lot of food?

For example, could an adult only capable of eating very, very small portions of food due to a medical procedure be charged a kid's price for the meal or will they charge an adult the adult price regardless? The person in particular can not even finish a side salad without becoming full.
MattRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 04:40 PM   #2
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattRyan View Post
Does anyone know if 'Ohana makes accommodations for people who can not eat a lot of food?

For example, could an adult only capable of eating very, very small portions of food due to a medical procedure be charged a kid's price for the meal or will they charge an adult the adult price regardless? The person in particular can not even finish a side salad without becoming full.
I could be wrong, but I don't believe they will. If you are an adult, you will be charged as an adult.
1997:Travelodge-DTD| 2005:ASMu| 2007:POP| 2009:CSR| 2010:AKL| 2011:BC CL| 2012:BC CL| 2013:BC CL| Oct. 2013:BC|Aug. 2014:GF| Oct. 2014: CR CL &YC CL| Dec. 2014: CSR| Jan 2015: CSR|Aug 2015: CR CL & Poly CL

mommyrosa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2013, 04:43 PM   #3
Dislover1991
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyrosa2 View Post

I could be wrong, but I don't believe they will. If you are an adult, you will be charged as an adult.
I believe this is correct. Unfortunately they have no way of knowing what you exactly eat.

Dislover1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 04:44 PM   #4
MattRyan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyrosa2 View Post
Thanks! Do you know if it's possible for that person to just order a drink or something and sit at the table and not eat? Not sure $50 would be worth it for someone who wouldn't even be able to finish a single piece of the skewer steak.
Old 08-27-2013, 04:44 PM   #5
jennylyn_b
Disney Fan for Life :)

This is correct. You will be charged per adult and child (3-9) regardless of how little or how much each person eats, sorry.
jennylyn_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 04:46 PM   #6
jennylyn_b
Disney Fan for Life :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattRyan View Post

Thanks! Do you know if it's possible for that person to just order a drink or something and sit at the table and not eat? Not sure $50 would be worth it for someone who wouldn't even be able to finish a single piece of the skewer steak.
No if they are seated at the table they will be charged full price. There are rare instances otherwise but they are very very rare and most were many years ago.
jennylyn_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 04:54 PM   #7
MattRyan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennylyn_b View Post
No if they are seated at the table they will be charged full price. There are rare instances otherwise but they are very very rare and most were many years ago.
Awww, I was really looking forward to eating 'Ohana again on my next visit, but just can't justify the cost now. :\ bummer.
Old 08-27-2013, 05:13 PM   #8
momjeeps
DIS Veteran

Our experience was full price charged for two sleeping children. One was sleeping when we finally got seated after waiting almost an hour. The other fell asleep after a few bites (and she was a Disney adult).

Spring Break 2014 DLR PTR - http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post50753138
November 2012 - 1st WDW Trip after a lifetime of DLR trips No Trip Report - But here is our Photo Book link
http://share.shutterfly.com/share/re...AatGrNq0bOWbtg
momjeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:18 PM   #9
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Sorry, but no. Full price is charged for everyone at the table regardless of how much any individual eats or doesn't eat.

I've heard of not being charged for sleeping children but that's not regular policy. It seems to be up to the server. And that's regarding persons who are asleep for the entire meal and do not eat anything. As the above post shows, some will charge anyway (even the one that ate nothing), because that is the regular policy.
Old 08-27-2013, 05:34 PM   #10
jimmysmom74
DIS Veteran

My DS was not charged at age 4, while asleep in stroller. Can you fit the adult in a canopy stroller. Just kidding. Sorry, I don't think they will make the exception in this case. A seated adult can eat. It is a really good meal, I would say it's worth the $$ even if you don't pig out.
jimmysmom74 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: