Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2013, 11:20 PM   #1
momo6
Earning My Ears

Party of 20- where to stay?

Hello all!
We are traveling to Disney at the end of January with 10 adults, 7 children (ages 4-10) and 3 babies. We're not sure, but would love to stay on sight. We can split into groups, but need at least 5 bedrooms.

Any suggestions?
momo6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:01 AM   #2
elaw
DIS Veteran

A couple of the tree house villas?

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/re...a/rates-rooms/
Register to remove

Old 08-26-2013, 03:25 AM   #3
Mom2six
DIS Veteran

It really depends on your budget. We stayed at the treehouse villas and loved it. It Is a bit isolated though and works best in my opinion I you have a car. Are the bedrooms a must? There are also several DVC resorts with 2 bedroom suites that sleep 9 I think. Those tend to have a master bedroom and the other bedroom has maybe 2 queens. The living room has a sleeper couch and sleeper chair. The nice thing is there are kitchens which is really good with babies or little kids. You could also save money by cooking a few times.
Mom2six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:55 AM   #4
chemnerd09
Mouseketeer

I'd check into renting DVC points for the villas. I think most of the 3-bedroom Grand Villas sleep 12.

chemnerd09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:54 PM   #5
catra121
DIS Veteran

I would contact a travel agent and see what they could do for you in terms of group rates. Especially if it's a bunch of different families. They may be able to work with Disney to get you a group of rooms all blocked out and grouped together. Separate rooms may be best especially if it's multiple families. Sometimes in a big group like that people just need their own space which villas and the like won't offer.

Stayed at: AOA Lion King Suite, Bonnet Creek , POP Century, Coronado Springs Resort, Port Orleans Riverside, and The Dolphin (when I was really young)

Next Stay: Caribbean Beach Resort September 2014
catra121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:23 PM   #6
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Are you looking for a 5 bedroom suite or are you saying you'd need at least 5 rooms? If it's the latter, you can essentially stay wherever you want but I wouldn't count on all 5 rooms being in a row. That may be difficult for the resort to swing, depending on when you're travelling.

The treehouse villas are a good suggestion and would be awesome but they are very limited and can be difficult to get, especially two. You have to book them as soon as their booking window opens up.
nkereina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:29 PM   #7
lovedonald
Mouseketeer

We went with a large group many years ago back in 2007. We stayed at all star movies and we were able to get several rooms in the same wing in the fantasia section all on the same floor. It worked out really well. We were all families with kids on a budget so we needed something we could all afford. Disney worked hard to meet all of our needs and we all had a blast!!
lovedonald is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: