Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-28-2013, 02:54 PM   #16
Disneyaunt4
I wonder what they put in that waxy little stick that make my lips crave it
I am a huge animal lover
No chili this year
 
Disneyaunt4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,484

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron from Michigan View Post
We will be at the villains party. We have an adr for 50's primetime before the party.
__________________
Disneyaunt4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 03:12 PM   #17
scuba
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 480

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskies90 View Post
We have Annual Passes
Annual passes? well that changes everything, i'd try it if I had nothing to lose......good luck and have fun
scuba is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-28-2013, 05:06 PM   #18
andyman8
DIS Veteran

 
andyman8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,950

I think Unleash the Villains probably could be described as MNSSHP Lite. You don't have the trick or treating, number of meet and greets, or the same caliber of entertainment. You've got a dance party, villains meet 'n' greets, merchandise, snacks, rides, and fireworks (probably not perimeter-style) with Unleash the Villains. That said, it seems fun!
__________________
Walt Disney World Resort: June 2014 (GF), March 2014 (Day-Trip), January 2014 (Pop[/COLOR], AoA, & Half-Marathon), November 2013 (YC & W&D Half-Marathon), October 2013 (GF), June 2013 (Polynesian), January 2013 (POR & Half-Marathon) December 2012 (Rosen Shingle Creek), July 2012 (GF), June 2011 (CR), March 2011 (Day-Trip), July 2004 (GF), April 2004 (FW), December 2003 (DoubleTree & MVMCP), October 2003 (DoubleTree & MNSSHP), August 2003 (DoubleTree), June 2003 (WL), February 2003 (Embassy Suites) January 2003 (DoubleTree), September 2002 (AKL), July 2002 (DoubleTree), March 2002 (DoubleTree), January 2002 (CR), November 2001 (DoubleTree), May 2001 (DoubleTree), February 2001 (DoubleTree), January 2001 (DoubleTree), April 2000 (DoubleTree), February 1998 (Quality Inn & Suites)

Universal Orlando Resort: October 2012 (RPR), September 2011 (HRH), July 2010 (RPR), March 2010 (RPR), February 2010 (Day-Trip), September 2009 (HRH), January 2008 (HRH), June 2006 (PBH)

Disneyland Resort: August 2012 (Day-Trip), August 2009 (Day-Trip)

Upcoming: Disneyland July 2014 (GCH), Walt Disney World October 2013 (Dolphin & ToT 10-Miler)


Member of the PeopleMover Appreciation Society, Official MyMagic+ Info & FAQ Thread, and Printable Theme Park Maps
andyman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:52 PM   #19
Raenstoirm
BL6 Team Challenge Tracker
Lets go get me your numbers!
 
Raenstoirm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Maryland Near DC
Posts: 4,947

Given the caliber of the rest of the LTM stuff, I do not have high hopes for this. Granted I did change my dates so we could attend, but it could easily be very disappointing. . That is a tough call and I dont know what I would do if I were you. Not helpful, I know. Sorry.
__________________
















Trying to stay at every resort, but we are creatures of habit!
Caribbean Beach/Riverside/Wilderness Lodge/All Star Movies/Beach Club/Contemporary






Raenstoirm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:36 PM   #20
MacClemsons
Mouseketeer
 
MacClemsons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Niceville, FL
Posts: 313

We are doing Unleash the Villains but have APs and going to MNSSHP too. If we could only do one, I'd pick MNSSHP. History of LTMs is disappointing and I am anticipating crowds of locals.
__________________
me (40) DH(44) DD10, DD9, DS7 and DS2

Upcoming AoA May 14 SWW
Jan 14 Coronado 1/2 Marathon
Dec 13 ASMu, Oct 13 CBR ToT 10 miler, Sept 13 MNSSHP AoA Nemo Suite, May 13 Cabins, Apr 13 ASSports, Feb 13 POP, Jan 13 SOG
Sep 12 MNSSHP ASMovies, June 12 - SWW off property, Mar 12 SOG
Dec 11 POR, Sep 11 ASMovies
Dec 09 MVMCP ASMovies, Sep 08 SOG, July 03 Hilton DTD
MacClemsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:14 PM   #21
Tigger1221
DIS Veteran
 
Tigger1221's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Tennesse
Posts: 2,356

We did the May the 4th Limited Time Magic at DHS. I expect this will be a lot like that. Merchandise, character meets, fireworks etc. I enjoyed it but it was VERY crowded. The fireworks were great but you couldn't get near the dance party characters. The fireworks were wall-to-wall people. We luckily got to see the characters walking by to the dance party from where we were waiting to see the fireworks. People we literally mobbing them. CMs kept having to keep people away. It was fun but crowded. Since you have APs you could try it. We did that once too. There were fireworks at DHS on arrival night so we ran over to see them (different trip). It was about an hour before closing and the CM kept telling us it was closing soon and are we sure we wanted to go in. We had AP's too. Once again very crowded. TP may say its a 1 crowd level but DHS will be packed that night. I don't think to capacity though. I probably wouldn't leave MNSSHP for DHS fireworks but thats up to you. The special merchandise will probably sell out before you get there. MNSSHP has amazing fireworks and the Villians. IDK maybe if it was just DH and I and we had done everything at MNSSHP I would try it. Good Luck if you do.
__________________



April 2013-DD's 3rd trip, Dec.2012, Oct.2012- DD's 1st trips!!!!
Tigger1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:31 PM   #22
chamonix

Are we there yet?
 
chamonix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Happy Valley in the 'Dale
Posts: 2,713

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger1221 View Post
We did the May the 4th Limited Time Magic at DHS. I expect this will be a lot like that. Merchandise, character meets, fireworks etc. I enjoyed it but it was VERY crowded. The fireworks were great but you couldn't get near the dance party characters. The fireworks were wall-to-wall people. We luckily got to see the characters walking by to the dance party from where we were waiting to see the fireworks. People we literally mobbing them. CMs kept having to keep people away. It was fun but crowded. Since you have APs you could try it. We did that once too. There were fireworks at DHS on arrival night so we ran over to see them (different trip). It was about an hour before closing and the CM kept telling us it was closing soon and are we sure we wanted to go in. We had AP's too. Once again very crowded. TP may say its a 1 crowd level but DHS will be packed that night. I don't think to capacity though. I probably wouldn't leave MNSSHP for DHS fireworks but thats up to you. The special merchandise will probably sell out before you get there. MNSSHP has amazing fireworks and the Villians. IDK maybe if it was just DH and I and we had done everything at MNSSHP I would try it. Good Luck if you do.
Thank you so much for that report! Where do you suggest is a good place to watch the fireworks? My dd will want to dance, is it possible to be in a place to dance but still also be in a good place for fireworks? Thanks again for the report about a similar event. I've never been to anything like this at DHS (never seen fireworks there). I wish I knew where would be a good place to stand for this.
__________________
~~Aloha~~
June 29-July 8th 2014 Polynesian
September 2013 Beach Club March 2013 Polynesian
Star Wars Weekends June 2011 Polynesian

December 2010 Beach Club
Star Wars Weekends June 2010 Polynesian
~Tiki fest summer 2009~ Polynesian
Hoíomahana summer 2008 Polynesian
~Tiki fest summer 2007~ Polynesian
March 2007 Polynesian March 2006 Polynesian
October 2005 Polynesian
October 2004, March 2004 Polynesian
December 2003, December 2002 Polynesian

Disneyland Hotel 2001
chamonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:15 PM   #23
Dvcmbr09
Mouseketeer
 
Dvcmbr09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Just moved to CT
Posts: 102

Thank you everyone for all your advice and experience!
Dvcmbr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:27 PM   #24
Tigger1221
DIS Veteran
 
Tigger1221's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Tennesse
Posts: 2,356

I thought about not posting this but I'm going too. I am not discouraging anyone from going! We had a great day on May the 4t but Disney could of done better.


I would honestly go in with low expectations for character meets unless they change things from the other events. For the May the 4th they had a few roaming characters and unless you were willing to push people out of the way it was not fun. They had photopass yelling at people not to make a line a not to crowd. So basically you pushed you way up and got in other peoples pictures. I tried to get one pic and when I went up the photopass person turned away as did the character (Leia) and walked over to someone else. She was even ignoring young children and would turn and walk away. It was rude and upsetting. We just walked away. It was hot, crowded and seemed disorganized. It wasnít worth it.

For the characters with lines it was about a 45min wait. I saw mickey and gang and thatís all I really wanted to wait for. They were great and most people in line were friendly.

There were people at the dance party and they watched the fireworks from there. It was mostly adults. This was another push people around thing. People pushing each other out of the way, jumping in front of them trying to get photos. It was way too crowded and Iím surprised no one got hurt. Iím sure others really enjoyed it but I didnít want to be in the mess and DD was to young.

We had fun and I would go again but I would do things differently. We got there late and all the merchandise was gone but that was ok. Unless I wanted merchandise I would go later and only plan on doing the LTM stuff.


For the fireworks we were to the left of the hat and sort of beside the American Idol sign. We have seen the fireworks twice from here.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG]
[[/IMG]
__________________



April 2013-DD's 3rd trip, Dec.2012, Oct.2012- DD's 1st trips!!!!
Tigger1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:41 PM   #25
chamonix

Are we there yet?
 
chamonix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Happy Valley in the 'Dale
Posts: 2,713

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger1221 View Post
I thought about not posting this but I'm going too. I am not discouraging anyone from going! We had a great day on May the 4t but Disney could of done better.


I would honestly go in with low expectations for character meets unless they change things from the other events. For the May the 4th they had a few roaming characters and unless you were willing to push people out of the way it was not fun. They had photopass yelling at people not to make a line a not to crowd. So basically you pushed you way up and got in other peoples pictures. I tried to get one pic and when I went up the photopass person turned away as did the character (Leia) and walked over to someone else. She was even ignoring young children and would turn and walk away. It was rude and upsetting. We just walked away. It was hot, crowded and seemed disorganized. It wasnít worth it.

For the characters with lines it was about a 45min wait. I saw mickey and gang and thatís all I really wanted to wait for. They were great and most people in line were friendly.

There were people at the dance party and they watched the fireworks from there. It was mostly adults. This was another push people around thing. People pushing each other out of the way, jumping in front of them trying to get photos. It was way too crowded and Iím surprised no one got hurt. Iím sure others really enjoyed it but I didnít want to be in the mess and DD was to young.

We had fun and I would go again but I would do things differently. We got there late and all the merchandise was gone but that was ok. Unless I wanted merchandise I would go later and only plan on doing the LTM stuff.


For the fireworks we were to the left of the hat and sort of beside the American Idol sign. We have seen the fireworks twice from here.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG]
[[/IMG]
Thanks for posting that. It doesn't sound like something I personally would care to do if it's like you suggest, but dd really really wants to go--and she's not a kid who asks for much. Thanks again for the report.
__________________
~~Aloha~~
June 29-July 8th 2014 Polynesian
September 2013 Beach Club March 2013 Polynesian
Star Wars Weekends June 2011 Polynesian

December 2010 Beach Club
Star Wars Weekends June 2010 Polynesian
~Tiki fest summer 2009~ Polynesian
Hoíomahana summer 2008 Polynesian
~Tiki fest summer 2007~ Polynesian
March 2007 Polynesian March 2006 Polynesian
October 2005 Polynesian
October 2004, March 2004 Polynesian
December 2003, December 2002 Polynesian

Disneyland Hotel 2001
chamonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 11:18 AM   #26
missnic
Mouseketeer
 
missnic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 115

We are seriously considering drivng down for the villains event - probably doing mk in the morning and hopping over to hs mid afternoon. Does anyone have any recommendations on what time we should shoot for arriving there? And do I have any hope at all of riding tsm? Is there a list of things that will be open for the night?
missnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 11:22 AM   #27
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran
 
MrsDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 147 miles from WDW
Posts: 5,157

Quote:
Originally Posted by missnic View Post
We are seriously considering drivng down for the villains event - probably doing mk in the morning and hopping over to hs mid afternoon. Does anyone have any recommendations on what time we should shoot for arriving there? And do I have any hope at all of riding tsm? Is there a list of things that will be open for the night?
Honestly, I'd go to DHS for the entire day.
__________________
MrsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.