Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2013, 08:40 AM   #1
cocofifi
Mouseketeer

Calling All Value Aficionados and Experts please!

If given the choice, would you prefer an AOA Little mermaid room or a preferred room at All Star Movies. One variable to consider is the regular rooms at AS Movies are completely booked for our time frame. The most important aspects to me are bus service and room cleanliness. Thanks in advance for any input!
cocofifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:37 AM   #2
trekker93
DIS Veteran

Smile Neither.

We have stayed at AS and they weren't as good as the rooms and rest at Pop Century. not even a close call. At AOA, it is the same layout and room sizes (suites excluded) as at POP but you pay a lot less per night! The menus are different but we are not into spicy foods at AOA.

1978(offsite),1984offsite,1990(DixieLandings),2004 ,2005,2006-off site,2007(POP),2008(POP),2009(POP),2010(Sept)-Pop Century,2011Sept.POPCentury,All Star Music - July 2012, Sept2012 POP, May 2013-POP,Sept2013 - POP
Next TRIP:POP Century - Sept.2014
trekker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-28-2013, 11:17 AM   #3
AThrillingChase
DIS Veteran

AOA! It is new so it should be in great shape. And, the rooms themselves look to be more themed to a disney movie than the all stars. I also find the pool to be more exciting.

From what I have seen, AOA is more an experience entering the characters world. For example, the shell headboards and blue ocean colored walls. It will make little girls feel like they are sleeping in Ariel's bedroom. Whereas the all stars tend to be more general themed, with neutral walls but blankets and borders along the walls of musical instruments or film strips.

That said, I have also stayed at POP and ASMu - and was happy at both.
2012 - Tokyo Disney Sea
May 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
November 2013 - first solo trip for Wine and Dine! Decided to explore new resorts: CB, YC, POLY
January 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge CL. Happy Birthday to me!
March/April 2014 - Coronado Springs/Wilderness Lodge
October 2014 - Beach Club for TOT 10-Miler! AKL/CR for Princess Half Marathon!
AThrillingChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:26 AM   #4
MomTo3PrincessesInNJ
Mouseketeer

If you don't mind the walk, AoA! The LM rooms are the farthest out from the dining hall and bus stops. But the hotel is amazing!

We never had any problems with bus service at AoA or Pop -- they have their own busses.
January 2013, Pop!
December 2013, POR-Alligator Bayou
March 2014, Pop! {Solo}
November 2014 {Jersey Week}, Split Stay! CSR- Business Class w/Free Dining
November 2015 {Jersey Week}, Land & Sea! Hotel TBD, 3-night DCL Dream

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MomTo3PrincessesInNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 03:25 PM   #5
Ames389
Earning My Ears

All Star Music without a doubt! Preferred is awesome. In addition, ask to be placed on the backside of one of the Calypso buildings. It will be quiet because it is not facing the pool and you will have nice greenery around your sidewalk area.
Pool and food court are close by and you can stay under building awnings during rain and literally run from the end of Calypso to main building. Also parking lot is closer for unpacking and packing if you drive.

Our family has been to WDW over 20 times. We have stayed at all moderates and all values (both in regular rooms, preferred and suites). Music /preferred is our favorite.

AoA just didn't do much for me. It is a great place to visit, but I wouldn't stay there again. Grounds are cleverly and beautifully landscaped and buildings are themed well, but food court is chaos and a Mermaid is a long walk...when already tired from walking all day or want a quick drink. I stayed at Pop only once and it just didn't feel like home. I do like the lake, but that's it.

My kids have grown up quickly during our Disney trips and all give Music a thumbs up! They are 10, 14 and 30. It has something for all ages. Good luck with our choice.
Old 08-28-2013, 03:31 PM   #6
Ames389
Earning My Ears

I am sorry!!! I just noticed you asked about Movies! Anyway, I guess you now know the advantages of Music...lol. If it helps, I stayed at Movies and enjoyed it too. I actually like Movies food court layout better than Music, but prefer the set up of the pool better at Music. So it's a draw!
Old 08-28-2013, 05:18 PM   #7
Dsnyfireman
Mouseketeer

I have stayed at all star and POP, we like POP better. AOA and POP have one advantage over the all stars , they are closer to MK, EPCOT and HS. The bus ride seem about 15 minutes shorter from POP to those parks than from all stars. We liked all star sports and spent time at the other all stars too, they have some good things there. You will enjoy either way I think.
Dsnyfireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 05:41 PM   #8
cocofifi
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for the input, everyone! Much appreciated!
cocofifi is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: