Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2013, 11:32 AM   #31
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLinDisney View Post
I have been reading here and on other threads that you can only get a total of 3 FP+ for rides/attractions/parades/fireworks. Also all three can be at one park only.

1- I just made 3 FPs for rides at AK on September 30th and that night I made both Wishes and MSEP at MK.

2- Will I be able to do all 5 on that day?

3- I'm wondering if this is a mistake on the site.

4- Has anyone done 3 rides in one park and then watched Wishes and MSEP at MK?
1- Interesting.
2- I'm going to put that at under 50% but, anything's possible, especially during testing and a glitchy app.
3- Could be.
4- Never been reported as such.

Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:37 AM   #32
Lorelei528
DIS Veteran

I have a quickie question....do you need to do online checkin in order to get the FP+?

May 2014 (BLT), Dec 2013 (BLT/AKL), Sept/Oct '12 (AKV/DCL), Jan '11 (AKL),Sept/Oct '10 (AKL/BLT/DCL/BWV), Sept '09 (BLT), April/May '09 (BW/AKL), Sept/Oct 08 (POP/AKL), Nov 03 (ASMovies/AKL), Nov 01 (CBR), Nov 97 (Disney Village Resort), '87 (off property), '77 (CR)
Lorelei528 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-28-2013, 11:52 AM   #33
AuroraRora
Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelei528
I have a quickie question....do you need to do online checkin in order to get the FP+?
Nope! I have my FP+ all set up and MB's ordered, and I don't intend to do online check-in
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
AuroraRora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:59 AM   #34
Otter49
DIS Veteran

I wonder how Illuminations viewing will be handled come Thanksgiving when you have up to 3,000 CP package holders getting preferred viewing.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:37 PM   #35
KAYELIZ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I have been reading here and on other threads that you can only get a total of 3 FP+ for rides/attractions/parades/fireworks. Also all three can be at one park only. I just made 3 FPs for rides at AK on September 30th and that night I made both Wishes and MSEP at MK. Will I be able to do all 5 on that day? I'm wondering if this is a mistake on the site. Has anyone done 3 rides in one park and then watched Wishes and MSEP at MK?
I am currently holding fastpasses for the Magic Kingdom on Sept. 21 and I tried to add additional fastpasses for Epcot for that night and it looks like it's replacing my current passes instead of adding new ones so I backed out of it.
MLinDisney - when you check your itinerary, does it show more than 3 or 4 fastpasses on the same day? I was afraid to complete the change because I don't want to lose the ones I currently have.
KAYELIZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:14 PM   #36
MLinDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAYELIZ View Post
I am currently holding fastpasses for the Magic Kingdom on Sept. 21 and I tried to add additional fastpasses for Epcot for that night and it looks like it's replacing my current passes instead of adding new ones so I backed out of it.
MLinDisney - when you check your itinerary, does it show more than 3 or 4 fastpasses on the same day? I was afraid to complete the change because I don't want to lose the ones I currently have.
In the FP+ section, I added 3 AK rides. Then I added the MSEP and Wishes at MK - NO RIDES at MK. There is a different spot on MDE to add parades, Wishes, and Illuminations than the spot to add 3 rides. Maybe that's why I was able to add a different park. Not sure though.

I clicked on the words "My Disney Experience" on the website and "My Plans" for each day were there. I cut and pasted the plans for all the days I will be there in a word doc. These plans include all my ADRs for dining too. I didn't make any ADRs for Sept 30th. Here is what it shows that I do have for that day:
Monday, September 30, 2013
• Disney's Animal Kingdom
• DINOSAUR – 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM
• Expedition Everest - Legend of the Forbidden Mountain® – 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM
• Kali River Rapids® – 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM
• Magic Kingdom
• Main Street Electrical Parade – 8:00 PM
• Wishes nighttime spectacular – 9:00 PM

I only have wishes and MSEP for MK - no ride FPs, but for AK I have FPs - for rides. All I can say is This Magic Band better work out

I think what you were doing is trying to get extra FP+ and not add parades/fireworks. As far as losing the ones you already have. I have been tweaking and changing each day's individual rides. If you don't like the three they give you, you can rearrange them or change the times. When you click change the time, they give you every time slot in the day. It seems that all time slots are always there. Lots of choices!
MLinDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:35 PM   #37
jimim
DIS Veteran

Quote:

In the FP+ section, I added 3 AK rides. Then I added the MSEP and Wishes at MK - NO RIDES at MK. There is a different spot on MDE to add parades, Wishes, and Illuminations than the spot to add 3 rides. Maybe that's why I was able to add a different park. Not sure though.

I clicked on the words "My Disney Experience" on the website and "My Plans" for each day were there. I cut and pasted the plans for all the days I will be there in a word doc. These plans include all my ADRs for dining too. I didn't make any ADRs for Sept 30th. Here is what it shows that I do have for that day:
Monday, September 30, 2013
• Disney's Animal Kingdom
• DINOSAUR – 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM
• Expedition Everest - Legend of the Forbidden Mountain® – 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM
• Kali River Rapids® – 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM
• Magic Kingdom
• Main Street Electrical Parade – 8:00 PM
• Wishes nighttime spectacular – 9:00 PM

I only have wishes and MSEP for MK - no ride FPs, but for AK I have FPs - for rides. All I can say is This Magic Band better work out

I think what you were doing is trying to get extra FP+ and not add parades/fireworks. As far as losing the ones you already have. I have been tweaking and changing each day's individual rides. If you don't like the three they give you, you can rearrange them or change the times. When you click change the time, they give you every time slot in the day. It seems that all time slots are always there. Lots of choices!
How do u find the parades and wishes I thougt they were in the ride list?
Can u explain the process to find them please?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House June 13th for the week.

Planning Old Key West for Columbus week for 6 nights and then off to a Disney Cruise for 3 nights!
My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/60184887@N08/
jimim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:52 PM   #38
MLinDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimim View Post
How do u find the parades and wishes I thougt they were in the ride list?
Can u explain the process to find them please?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
It took me awhile to figure this out. Good thing I'm retired!
1- Go to My Disney Experience click it and then click My Reservations
2- Scroll down to your FP+ list
3- Underneath each date are the words "view my plans"
4 - Click on the "view my plans" under the date that you want to add a fireworks/parade FP+
5- Under the date on the upper left hand side are the words "add plans"
6- click on "add plans" and a drop down will show "add parades and fireworks"
7- click on "add parades and fireworks"
8 - scroll down the list of parades and click request fastpass.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:55 PM   #39
Simba77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It took me awhile to figure this out. Good thing I'm retired!
1- Go to My Disney Experience click it and then click My Reservations
2- Scroll down to your FP+ list
3- Underneath each date are the words "view my plans"
4 - Click on the "view my plans" under the date that you want to add a fireworks/parade FP+
5- Under the date on the upper left hand side are the words "add plans"
6- click on "add plans" and a drop down will show "add parades and fireworks"
7- click on "add parades and fireworks"
8 - scroll down the list of parades and click request fastpass.
You didn't actually add FP+ for the parades/fireworks. You just added them as "things I plan to do". It's not the same thing.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:58 PM   #40
MLinDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba77 View Post
You didn't actually add FP+ for the parades/fireworks. You just added them as "things I plan to do". It's not the same thing.
Oh boy! I just noticed that. I also see that some of them have request fastpass and some have add to plans. Do you know how I can request fastpass for Wishes and for MSEP?
Old 08-28-2013, 07:01 PM   #41
Simba77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh boy! I just noticed that. I also see that some of them have request fastpass and some have add to plans. Do you know how I can request fastpass for Wishes and for MSEP?
MSEP and Wishes only have FP+ available on certain nights (I don't think there are any available after September 24th at this point, but may likely be added soon)

If you wanted to request them, however, you'd find them on the FP+ attraction selection screen (they'd be on the list along with all the other attractions, and you'd add them just like you add regular attractions).
Old 08-28-2013, 07:08 PM   #42
MLinDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
MSEP and Wishes only have FP+ available on certain nights (I don't think there are any available after September 24th at this point.)

If you wanted to request them, however, you'd find them on the FP+ attraction selection screen (they'd be on the list along with all the other attractions, and you'd add them just like you add regular attractions).
Thank you for this info. I guess I'll just keep checking back. But as ROBO said before, I will probably lose one of my FP+ that I already added. I may just watch from the green prime viewing area on ROBO's map, if I can't get the FPs for MSEP and Wishes.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:05 PM   #43
Kathy Z
Counting my Blessings

Quote:
Thank you for this info. I guess I'll just keep checking back. But as ROBO said before, I will probably lose one of my FP+ that I already added. I may just watch from the green prime viewing area on ROBO's map, if I can't get the FPs for MSEP and Wishes.
I can vouch for the green prime viewing area on ROBO's map being the PRIME spot for MSEP & Wishes. However, the projected images on the Castle were partially blocked for us ( the lower images). We've been in a particular spot within that area twice. But there was no space left there this past February 90 minutes before MSEP! Word of this location is spreading; We decided to just head towards the exit and had very good viewing of MSEP near it's beginning and then watched the higher fireworks from Wishes from outside the park before heading to our resort bus. At least we got to bed early that night!
Kathy Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:14 PM   #44
jimim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
ok thanks. i was thinking the same thing.

Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House June 13th for the week.

Planning Old Key West for Columbus week for 6 nights and then off to a Disney Cruise for 3 nights!
My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/60184887@N08/
jimim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:35 PM   #45
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDust2013 View Post

Can I ask when this showed up for you??
It showed up several days later, can't remember if I had our bands yet. I went in to change the times on several FP+s & there it was. I added Wishes, then checked the next date for Illuminations, it was there also.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: