Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-28-2013, 11:32 AM   #31
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!
 
Robo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: In the Magic Mirror, I'm closer than I appear.
Posts: 77,522

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLinDisney View Post
I have been reading here and on other threads that you can only get a total of 3 FP+ for rides/attractions/parades/fireworks. Also all three can be at one park only.

1- I just made 3 FPs for rides at AK on September 30th and that night I made both Wishes and MSEP at MK.

2- Will I be able to do all 5 on that day?

3- I'm wondering if this is a mistake on the site.

4- Has anyone done 3 rides in one park and then watched Wishes and MSEP at MK?
1- Interesting.
2- I'm going to put that at under 50% but, anything's possible, especially during testing and a glitchy app.
3- Could be.
4- Never been reported as such.
__________________
.


.
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:37 AM   #32
Lorelei528
DIS Veteran
 
Lorelei528's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 2,226

I have a quickie question....do you need to do online checkin in order to get the FP+?
__________________
May 1 2009 SBP/Wine Room@Jiko/Morocco
Our Disney Wedding/Disneymoon PJ/TR Our Disney Wedding/Disneymoon PJ/TR

May 2014 (BLT), Dec 2013 (BLT/AKL), Sept/Oct '12 (AKV/DCL), Jan '11 (AKL),Sept/Oct '10 (AKL/BLT/DCL/BWV), Sept '09 (BLT), April/May '09 (BW/AKL), Sept/Oct 08 (POP/AKL), Nov 03 (ASMovies/AKL), Nov 01 (CBR), Nov 97 (Disney Village Resort), '87 (off property), '77 (CR)
Lorelei528 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-28-2013, 11:52 AM   #33
AuroraRora
Princess
 
AuroraRora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 1,501

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelei528
I have a quickie question....do you need to do online checkin in order to get the FP+?
Nope! I have my FP+ all set up and MB's ordered, and I don't intend to do online check-in
__________________
Oct '00, '02, '04 - Off-property 3 weeks each
March 06 - Spring Break
July '07 - AK Lodge 3 weeks
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
AuroraRora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:59 AM   #34
Otter49
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: A few miles away
Posts: 594

I wonder how Illuminations viewing will be handled come Thanksgiving when you have up to 3,000 CP package holders getting preferred viewing.
__________________
Don't Look Back - You're Not Going In That Direction
Otter49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 05:37 PM   #35
KAYELIZ
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 191

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLinDisney View Post
I have been reading here and on other threads that you can only get a total of 3 FP+ for rides/attractions/parades/fireworks. Also all three can be at one park only. I just made 3 FPs for rides at AK on September 30th and that night I made both Wishes and MSEP at MK. Will I be able to do all 5 on that day? I'm wondering if this is a mistake on the site. Has anyone done 3 rides in one park and then watched Wishes and MSEP at MK?
I am currently holding fastpasses for the Magic Kingdom on Sept. 21 and I tried to add additional fastpasses for Epcot for that night and it looks like it's replacing my current passes instead of adding new ones so I backed out of it.
MLinDisney - when you check your itinerary, does it show more than 3 or 4 fastpasses on the same day? I was afraid to complete the change because I don't want to lose the ones I currently have.
KAYELIZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:14 PM   #36
MLinDisney
Mouseketeer
 
MLinDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 448

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAYELIZ View Post
I am currently holding fastpasses for the Magic Kingdom on Sept. 21 and I tried to add additional fastpasses for Epcot for that night and it looks like it's replacing my current passes instead of adding new ones so I backed out of it.
MLinDisney - when you check your itinerary, does it show more than 3 or 4 fastpasses on the same day? I was afraid to complete the change because I don't want to lose the ones I currently have.
In the FP+ section, I added 3 AK rides. Then I added the MSEP and Wishes at MK - NO RIDES at MK. There is a different spot on MDE to add parades, Wishes, and Illuminations than the spot to add 3 rides. Maybe that's why I was able to add a different park. Not sure though.

I clicked on the words "My Disney Experience" on the website and "My Plans" for each day were there. I cut and pasted the plans for all the days I will be there in a word doc. These plans include all my ADRs for dining too. I didn't make any ADRs for Sept 30th. Here is what it shows that I do have for that day:
Monday, September 30, 2013
• Disney's Animal Kingdom
• DINOSAUR – 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM
• Expedition Everest - Legend of the Forbidden Mountain® – 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM
• Kali River Rapids® – 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM
• Magic Kingdom
• Main Street Electrical Parade – 8:00 PM
• Wishes nighttime spectacular – 9:00 PM

I only have wishes and MSEP for MK - no ride FPs, but for AK I have FPs - for rides. All I can say is This Magic Band better work out

I think what you were doing is trying to get extra FP+ and not add parades/fireworks. As far as losing the ones you already have. I have been tweaking and changing each day's individual rides. If you don't like the three they give you, you can rearrange them or change the times. When you click change the time, they give you every time slot in the day. It seems that all time slots are always there. Lots of choices!
MLinDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:35 PM   #37
jimim
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NEPA
Posts: 1,174

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLinDisney View Post

In the FP+ section, I added 3 AK rides. Then I added the MSEP and Wishes at MK - NO RIDES at MK. There is a different spot on MDE to add parades, Wishes, and Illuminations than the spot to add 3 rides. Maybe that's why I was able to add a different park. Not sure though.

I clicked on the words "My Disney Experience" on the website and "My Plans" for each day were there. I cut and pasted the plans for all the days I will be there in a word doc. These plans include all my ADRs for dining too. I didn't make any ADRs for Sept 30th. Here is what it shows that I do have for that day:
Monday, September 30, 2013
• Disney's Animal Kingdom
• DINOSAUR – 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM
• Expedition Everest - Legend of the Forbidden Mountain® – 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM
• Kali River Rapids® – 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM
• Magic Kingdom
• Main Street Electrical Parade – 8:00 PM
• Wishes nighttime spectacular – 9:00 PM

I only have wishes and MSEP for MK - no ride FPs, but for AK I have FPs - for rides. All I can say is This Magic Band better work out

I think what you were doing is trying to get extra FP+ and not add parades/fireworks. As far as losing the ones you already have. I have been tweaking and changing each day's individual rides. If you don't like the three they give you, you can rearrange them or change the times. When you click change the time, they give you every time slot in the day. It seems that all time slots are always there. Lots of choices!
How do u find the parades and wishes I thougt they were in the ride list?
Can u explain the process to find them please?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________


Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House June 13th for the week.

Planning Old Key West for Columbus week for 6 nights and then off to a Disney Cruise for 3 nights!
My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/60184887@N08/
jimim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:52 PM   #38
MLinDisney
Mouseketeer
 
MLinDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 448

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimim View Post
How do u find the parades and wishes I thougt they were in the ride list?
Can u explain the process to find them please?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
It took me awhile to figure this out. Good thing I'm retired!
1- Go to My Disney Experience click it and then click My Reservations
2- Scroll down to your FP+ list
3- Underneath each date are the words "view my plans"
4 - Click on the "view my plans" under the date that you want to add a fireworks/parade FP+
5- Under the date on the upper left hand side are the words "add plans"
6- click on "add plans" and a drop down will show "add parades and fireworks"
7- click on "add parades and fireworks"
8 - scroll down the list of parades and click request fastpass.
MLinDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:55 PM   #39
Simba77
DIS Veteran
 
Simba77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 547

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLinDisney View Post
It took me awhile to figure this out. Good thing I'm retired!
1- Go to My Disney Experience click it and then click My Reservations
2- Scroll down to your FP+ list
3- Underneath each date are the words "view my plans"
4 - Click on the "view my plans" under the date that you want to add a fireworks/parade FP+
5- Under the date on the upper left hand side are the words "add plans"
6- click on "add plans" and a drop down will show "add parades and fireworks"
7- click on "add parades and fireworks"
8 - scroll down the list of parades and click request fastpass.
You didn't actually add FP+ for the parades/fireworks. You just added them as "things I plan to do". It's not the same thing.
__________________
Simba77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:58 PM   #40
MLinDisney
Mouseketeer
 
MLinDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 448

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba77 View Post
You didn't actually add FP+ for the parades/fireworks. You just added them as "things I plan to do". It's not the same thing.
Oh boy! I just noticed that. I also see that some of them have request fastpass and some have add to plans. Do you know how I can request fastpass for Wishes and for MSEP?
MLinDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:01 PM   #41
Simba77
DIS Veteran
 
Simba77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 547

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLinDisney View Post
Oh boy! I just noticed that. I also see that some of them have request fastpass and some have add to plans. Do you know how I can request fastpass for Wishes and for MSEP?
MSEP and Wishes only have FP+ available on certain nights (I don't think there are any available after September 24th at this point, but may likely be added soon)

If you wanted to request them, however, you'd find them on the FP+ attraction selection screen (they'd be on the list along with all the other attractions, and you'd add them just like you add regular attractions).
__________________
Simba77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:08 PM   #42
MLinDisney
Mouseketeer
 
MLinDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 448

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba77 View Post
MSEP and Wishes only have FP+ available on certain nights (I don't think there are any available after September 24th at this point.)

If you wanted to request them, however, you'd find them on the FP+ attraction selection screen (they'd be on the list along with all the other attractions, and you'd add them just like you add regular attractions).
Thank you for this info. I guess I'll just keep checking back. But as ROBO said before, I will probably lose one of my FP+ that I already added. I may just watch from the green prime viewing area on ROBO's map, if I can't get the FPs for MSEP and Wishes.
MLinDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:05 PM   #43
Kathy Z
Counting my Blessings
 
Kathy Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: MI
Posts: 1,511

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLinDisney View Post
Thank you for this info. I guess I'll just keep checking back. But as ROBO said before, I will probably lose one of my FP+ that I already added. I may just watch from the green prime viewing area on ROBO's map, if I can't get the FPs for MSEP and Wishes.
I can vouch for the green prime viewing area on ROBO's map being the PRIME spot for MSEP & Wishes. However, the projected images on the Castle were partially blocked for us ( the lower images). We've been in a particular spot within that area twice. But there was no space left there this past February 90 minutes before MSEP! Word of this location is spreading; We decided to just head towards the exit and had very good viewing of MSEP near it's beginning and then watched the higher fireworks from Wishes from outside the park before heading to our resort bus. At least we got to bed early that night!
__________________
Polynesian Apr. 1975 & May 1980 w/DH, DD, & DS The Disney Inn (Originally The Golf Resort; now Shades of Green) Christmas 1985 w/DH, DD & DS
Polynesian May 2009 w/DH, DGD (10) & DGD (7) BWI Dec 2009 w/DH; AKL Dec 2010 w/DH; AKL Feb. 2012 w/DH; POR w/DH Feb. 2013
WL Nov 2013 w/DH & DGS (8) POFQ Feb 2014 w/DH
Kathy Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:14 PM   #44
jimim
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NEPA
Posts: 1,174

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba77 View Post
You didn't actually add FP+ for the parades/fireworks. You just added them as "things I plan to do". It's not the same thing.
ok thanks. i was thinking the same thing.
__________________


Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House June 13th for the week.

Planning Old Key West for Columbus week for 6 nights and then off to a Disney Cruise for 3 nights!
My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/60184887@N08/
jimim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:35 PM   #45
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran
 
Wicket's Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDust2013 View Post

Can I ask when this showed up for you??
It showed up several days later, can't remember if I had our bands yet. I went in to change the times on several FP+s & there it was. I added Wishes, then checked the next date for Illuminations, it was there also.
__________________
wicket's mom WDW-1975 thru 1985 offsite, stayed FW in '86
CSR '02, CB'06, CSR '09, CBR '11, AKL '12, AKL '13
Fast Passes, We Don't Need No Stinkin' Fast Passes
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.