Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2013, 10:20 AM   #1
angelicamy12
Mouseketeer

Enchanted Tales with Belle M&G

From what I gather, guests who take part in the ETWB show get to meet Belle at the end. I know she doesn't sign autographs but that she does take pictures. Can I check if this only applies to children? I've always wanted a picture with Belle in her yellow dress but she always seems to get swapped out by the time I get to the front of the line (in Paris).

Also, we won't have photopass so, if I did get a picture with her, would they be happy to take one with my camera or is it professional shots only?
angelicamy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:39 AM   #2
pascalstongue
DIS Veteran

Anyone can take part and have their photo with Belle. The line for photos at the end goes pretty fast and I didn't see anyone have the photopass photographer or other CM take photos with their own camera. Maybe ask someone in the audience to take a photo with your camera?

pascalstongue is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2013, 10:42 AM   #3
"Cinder" Ella's Mom
DIS Veteran

Forgive me if this has changed, but when we went during the "testing" phase the only people who got to take pix with Belle were ones with parts in the "show." Adults and kids-anyone who wanted a part-could get one.
"Cinder" Ella's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:56 AM   #4
bauer1168
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelicamy12 View Post
From what I gather, guests who take part in the ETWB show get to meet Belle at the end. I know she doesn't sign autographs but that she does take pictures. Can I check if this only applies to children? I've always wanted a picture with Belle in her yellow dress but she always seems to get swapped out by the time I get to the front of the line (in Paris).

Also, we won't have photopass so, if I did get a picture with her, would they be happy to take one with my camera or is it professional shots only?
If you are picked to be part of the 'show' you get your picture taken with Belle, also, depending on the cms, you can ask the cm if you haven't been a part of the show, if you can have your picture with Belle.
I personally have never seen a cm refuse.
Some children are too shy to take part so it shouldn't be a problem. It doesn't apply to just children either. Adults can take part too.
There will be a Photopass cm on hand to take your picture with Belle. If you would prefer to take your own aswell, have someone in your group stand behind the Photopass cm once they start taking the pictures. It's a very quick interaction with Belle. You have your photo taken and then that's it.
bauer1168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 11:00 AM   #5
ghtx
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauer1168 View Post
If you are picked to be part of the 'show' you get your picture taken with Belle, also, depending on the cms, you can ask the cm if you haven't been a part of the show, if you can have your picture with Belle.
I personally have never seen a cm refuse.
Some children are too shy to take part so it shouldn't be a problem. It doesn't apply to just children either. Adults can take part too.
There will be a Photopass cm on hand to take your picture with Belle. If you would prefer to take your own aswell, have someone in your group stand behind the Photopass cm once they start taking the pictures. It's a very quick interaction with Belle. You have your photo taken and then that's it.

Most PP photogs are happy to take a picture with your camera as well as with theirs, but at ETwB, because it moves so fast, I think they would probably not do this.

And FYI I think it's a myth that you have to be part of the show to get a picture at the end. Just walk up to the queue of people waiting to take pictures with Belle.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:00 AM   #6
katt789
DIS Veteran

If you do not take part in the show, make sure to jump into the line for pictures at the end of it. You will get a picture, and a little bookmark with Belle's autograph on it. On the way out th door, you can pick up a pp card with all the pictures from the 'show" on it. If you do not want just the pp picture with Belle, make sure to grab your own, but it is super super quick!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 11:10 AM   #7
Aljo
Mouseketeer

Wish I would have known this before we went, I thought you could only take a photo with Belle if you had a part.
Aljo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 11:15 AM   #8
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

1. There have been various reports that some CM's only allow people who participated in the show. There have also been reports of some CM's actively only allowing children to participate in the show. At the same time, many CM's allow anyone to take a photo with Belle and choose adults to be in the show. It's anyones guess.

2. If you want a photo, it is done very quickly. Have someone with the camera ready to shoot once you get up to Belle. They really move people through this line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelicamy12 View Post

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 11:40 AM   #9
tinkfan160
Mouseketeer

Now I'm disappointed...they made it seem like only people who participated could get a picture. Belle is my favorite princess and I would have loved a picture in her pretty new yellow dress!
tinkfan160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 11:52 AM   #10
jimim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
If you do not take part in the show, make sure to jump into the line for pictures at the end of it. You will get a picture, and a little bookmark with Belle's autograph on it. On the way out th door, you can pick up a pp card with all the pictures from the 'show" on it. If you do not want just the pp picture with Belle, make sure to grab your own, but it is super super quick!
+1 with us in June. I actually got about 6 shots off with belle and my daughter.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House June 13th for the week.

Planning Old Key West for Columbus week for 6 nights and then off to a Disney Cruise for 3 nights!
My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/60184887@N08/
jimim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:09 PM   #11
maddiebee
DIS Veteran

I asked a cm about this last week when we were there and she said anyone can have their photo taken. They will say something like "anyone else who wants a photo, get in line!"
maddiebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 02:16 PM   #12
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiebee View Post
I asked a cm about this last week when we were there and she said anyone can have their photo taken. They will say something like "anyone else who wants a photo, get in line!"
I've never heard them actually announce that anyone can get in line. But you can. I actually think they don't want to encourage people to get in line because of the timing of the show just doesn't allow it. Doesn't matter if it's busy or not. We were there during EMH when nobody was waiting in line outside and they still scooted us through there really fast.

I see absolutely NO way they will take a shot with your camera for you, unless something has really changed there.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:44 PM   #13
Tinkerboy00
DIS Veteran

This is on my bucket list for next trip...a photo with Belle. I'm going to try here and at Epcot. As long as I get one I'll be happy but would be cool to have both. She only wears the blue village dress at Epcot right??
Old 08-27-2013, 03:46 PM   #14
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerboy00 View Post
This is on my bucket list for next trip...a photo with Belle. I'm going to try here and at Epcot. As long as I get one I'll be happy but would be cool to have both. She only wears the blue village dress at Epcot right??
Yes.
Mesaboy's DLR Trip Report -- The Quest To See Dumbo Fly

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:50 PM   #15
MakiraMarlena
It's a big black fish to you

Every time I have seen it they choose adult men or teenage boys for the parts of the suits of armor. A child was chosen for the wardrobe once, but most of the time it's an adult woman. Never seen it where they chose only children, but most of the parts will go to children if there are kids present and they want a part. If they don't get a "speaking" part they're set up as dancing plates or utensils.
MakiraMarlena is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: