Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2013, 01:23 PM   #31
KNovacovschi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayemgi View Post
We don't go to Disney a lot, so I will be bringing a camera on this trip, but stuff that I have photographed on previous trips won't get re-shot. I have found myself more and more lately, in everyday life, not using the camera. Sometimes I do regret it afterwards, that I didn't take any pictures of a fun day, but then I remember: it was because I was actually present and enjoying the fun day! And he would never say so, but I know my DH is happier when I'm not stopping all the time to frame a shot.
We took a camera last year but literally took about 10 pics with it. I have my iPhone which I took tons of pics with and it annoyed my DH and DD. I told them this year pics will be less and they both were extremely relieved. My DH hates being behind the camera and just wants to enjoy it and my DD just hates having her pic taken.

DD-16 DH-33 ME-36

Sept 17-23, 2006 - POP; Aug 12-18, 2007 - POP; Oct 14-20, 2012 - POP; Nov 17-23, 2013 - POP; Sept 27-Oct 4, 2014 - POP (adult only);
Sept 20-26, 2015 - POP (DM/DD trip)

I've been sprung....YEAH
KNovacovschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 01:30 PM   #32
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

This year, 3 of us used our iPhones as our cameras and captured the most beautiful shots! If if wasn't for our iPhones, we wouldn't have taken one shot. Our video camera stayed locked away in the room safe the entire trip and let me say, it was very nice for DH not to worry about it!
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

CuteAsMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2013, 02:28 PM   #33
GaSleepingBeautyFan
DIS Veteran

I don't have an Iphone but my husband has an Iphone 4S and I much prefer the quality of pictures taken on my little Canon Powershot camera.

I tried once on my May 2013 trip to leave the camera in the room but got to the edge of the parking lot on the way to the buses and couldn't do it. I turned around and went back to the room for my little camera. I guess I'm addicted to it. LOL

Connie

Doing a quick weekend trip to see the Osborne Lights in December - staying offsite this time.

WDW: 16 family trips, 9 solo trips - resorts stayed at: offisite(6) AoA, AKL(2), BWI, CR (2), WL (2), CBR, CSR, POFQ (3), POP (2), POR (6) ASMo, ASMu
DISNEYLAND: 1 family trip, 2 1 day trips chaperoning
US/IOA: 5 family trips
GaSleepingBeautyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 02:53 PM   #34
MichelleVW
I call them "the people that live in my house"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooch View Post
to pose, no one wants to see the pictures once we get home (except DGS 3 who watches the slideshow on my computer). No cameras for me. Glad not to have the responsibility of memorializing the trip.
I enjoy looking at old pics and memories and I can't imagine not having any. My family are a bunch of idiots when it comes to posing but I also get a ton of non posed shots.
Old 08-27-2013, 03:35 PM   #35
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

I take 200-500 pictures a day at WDW, so I could never do without my camera!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

PhoenixStrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:36 PM   #36
MataHari22
Mouseketeer

I'm definitely someone who takes my camera everywhere. I love photography and photo editing, though. I am going to have to try hard not to spend my trip with my face in a camera. Normally, I am good for at least a 1,000 photos on past trips I've taken to different places. My previous Disney photos were actual photos, and I do not have them now. Wish I did, so this trip I will be taking digital. I have made scrapbooks in the past, and would like to try and "replace" what I lost.

Last edited by MataHari22; 08-27-2013 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Typo
MataHari22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 04:14 PM   #37
cobright
DIS Veteran

I can look at my vacation through the viewfinder of my camera or not, it's the same light hitting my eyes either way.

What I find when I go somewhere with my camera is that I pay so much more attention to the visuals around me. If my kids are with me I'm even more aware of their presence because I now have an opportunity to preserve that visual image and share it.

When you have a camera, the world becomes less ephemeral and you allow yourself to enjoy it more knowing that each moment does not have to disappear as soon as it occurs.
cobright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 04:40 PM   #38
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

We always go camera-less. We are lucky enough to get to Disney about monthly and have no children. For us, there really isn't much to take pictures of unless something special is happening (a party, etc) or we want some new pictures of us.

I'd skip the camera - it's so nice to have one less than to lug around and you don't have to worry about taking pictures.
MrsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 04:44 PM   #39
momjeeps
DIS Veteran

Haven't read all the other posts, but we just used our iPhones and PP+. We felt PP+ was the best. We got every ride photo and tons of posed pics of the family. Of course we also each took lots of pics with our iPhones too. My only regret is not making sure the lens on my iPhone was clean. Several of my pics were blurred.

Spring Break 2014 DLR PTR - http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post50753138
November 2012 - 1st WDW Trip after a lifetime of DLR trips No Trip Report - But here is our Photo Book link
http://share.shutterfly.com/share/re...AatGrNq0bOWbtg
momjeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 04:45 PM   #40
AmMeinOh
Earning My Ears

I could not go without my camera. I fact, dh will bring his dslr and I am bringing my p&s. plus our phones. I scrapbook, so I will use our photos. Plus dh will make a sideshow and post it for our family and friends to see.
AmMeinOh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:27 PM   #41
hookedonears
Louisianan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantToGoNow View Post
Every trip I feel like I'm seeing my vacation through a viewfinder on a camera. I usually take 500+ pictures during the course of the trip. Last time, I downloaded them to the computer but never had them developed. We may look at the pictures once a year or so (usually right before a trip). I'm trying to convince myself to go cameraless this year. I would have my phone if there were a few I "had to have". Has anyone else ever gone without a camera?
We always just buy a pic. taken in front of the castle by a cast member, and if possible, a good ride pic's like from Splash Mt., Rock'n Roller Coaster, etc., and that's about it.
hookedonears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:42 PM   #42
patzor
Mouseketeer

I get if you go to Disney a lot, not bringing a camera is ok. This will be my 3rd trip in 5 years, and I don't think I'd be able to leave my camera behind. While the cameras on phones have improved (I picked my last phone based on the camera alone) I couldn't leave my slr behind. I'm always watching the skies for the perfect sunset, or the perfect angle on a tree or castle. There are just some things a phone or p&s can't do.

I took this for my niece in 2010 for her 3rd birthday. It was the year she went for her first time. She is the only one that will ever have a copy of this.

patzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:49 PM   #43
DisneyFive
Luv'n the magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzor View Post
I get if you go to Disney a lot, not bringing a camera is ok. This will be my 3rd trip in 5 years, and I don't think I'd be able to leave my camera behind. While the cameras on phones have improved (I picked my last phone based on the camera alone) I couldn't leave my slr behind. I'm always watching the skies for the perfect sunset, or the perfect angle on a tree or castle. There are just some things a phone or p&s can't do.

I took this for my niece in 2010 for her 3rd birthday. It was the year she went for her first time. She is the only one that will ever have a copy of this.

Truly incredible photo. Really, Wow. Thank you for sharing! She's a lucky girl.

Dan
DisneyFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:49 PM   #44
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

This is a very individual question, rather like asking a stranger whether you prefer chocolate or vanilla.

Some people will cart along a camera and regret having to mess with it and be responsible for it all day.

Some will leave a camera behind and see amazing sights all day they regret not being able to photograph *well*.

Only you know which you would regret less.

I'm probably not the best one to ask though. My most common recurring Disney nightmare is being in the parks and fighting all forces to try and get back to my room to get the camera I left behind.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:51 PM   #45
rangerxenos
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
I take 200-500 pictures a day at WDW, so I could never do without my camera!
Same here, photography is a major hobby, I could not NOT have my camera with me!
rangerxenos is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: