Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2013, 02:24 PM   #1
Port Orleans fan
Over tipping is a fools game.....so have fun playing you intellectual genius.

RFID mugs and split stays (well sort of).

My family and I will be staying at Pop Century for 1 night before boarding a DCL bus to enjoy a 4 night cruise on the Disney Dream. After the cruise is over, we'll be going back to Pop Century for 2 more nights. Is there a way that I can get the new RFID Disney mugs, without having to pay twice for them?

Should I speak to the Pop Century manager before purchasing?
Dec 2012 - POR/POFQ
Nov 2013 - POP
Dec 2013 - Disney Dream
Dec 2013 - ASMu
Port Orleans fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:31 PM   #2
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Port Orleans fan View Post
My family and I will be staying at Pop Century for 1 night before boarding a DCL bus to enjoy a 4 night cruise on the Disney Dream. After the cruise is over, we'll be going back to Pop Century for 2 more nights. Is there a way that I can get the new RFID Disney mugs, without having to pay twice for them?

Should I speak to the Pop Century manager before purchasing?
I'd verify it with the manager, but I believe when they released info on the mugs it specifically stated that length of stay mugs would not cover stays with a gap in between (like this one) and you'd have to purchase 2 mugs. It would have to be a continuous split stay from one resort to the other to be covered.
Register to remove

Old 08-26-2013, 07:28 PM   #3
Port Orleans fan
Over tipping is a fools game.....so have fun playing you intellectual genius.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
I'd verify it with the manager, but I believe when they released info on the mugs it specifically stated that length of stay mugs would not cover stays with a gap in between (like this one) and you'd have to purchase 2 mugs. It would have to be a continuous split stay from one resort to the other to be covered.
If we're not able to use the mugs, no big deal. We plan on going to Walmart to do a little shopping after the cruise anyways. We'll just pick up a case or two of drinks when we are there.

Thanks for the response.
Dec 2012 - POR/POFQ
Nov 2013 - POP
Dec 2013 - Disney Dream
Dec 2013 - ASMu
Port Orleans fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:39 PM   #4
POOHsie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Do you have info handy that speaks about split stays and length of stay mugs? Not asking about dining plan situations. Hypothetically, what if we had a split stay, no dining, 5 nites at one WDW resort and 5 nites at a second WDW resort, consecutively? Would a length of stay mug cover both ressies?
POOHsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:58 PM   #5
floridagirl61
Mouseketeer

On the yacht and beach club thread, information was given that if you do split stays you can use the same mug the whole time if you get the length of stay mug. The caviat being that the split stays must all be at Disney with no non-Disney days in between. It was also specifically stated that this included stays that also had cruises mixed in.

This info can be found on page 1 of the yacht & beach club thread

TO MANY DAY TRIPS TO COUNT, SENIOR NIGHT '79, WL '96, CS '00, ASMU '07, ASMU '08, POP '09, POP '10, BW CL '10, ASMU '11, BC VILLAS '13, BC CL '13, AOA '13, BC CL '14 (Magical upgrade to the Presidential Suite)
Presidential Suite https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKhh5Z6bjjg

Our Best Disney Vacation Yethttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3178111

Fifield Family Food Reviews and Pictures
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3175535

Last edited by floridagirl61; 08-26-2013 at 09:08 PM.
floridagirl61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:45 PM   #6
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by POOHsie View Post

Do you have info handy that speaks about split stays and length of stay mugs? Not asking about dining plan situations. Hypothetically, what if we had a split stay, no dining, 5 nites at one WDW resort and 5 nites at a second WDW resort, consecutively? Would a length of stay mug cover both ressies?
It was in the official announcement about the threads. I don't know what it was called, but I just remember reading something about it offhandedly.

I think the poster above me said that a Disney cruise in between though would kind of count as a full Disney stay. If you're just going from one resort to another it would be covered though. It just specifically mentioned that you can't combine two separate trips essentially with days you aren't at the resort splitting it up.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:04 PM   #7
POOHsie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It was in the official announcement about the threads. I don't know what it was called, but I just remember reading something about it offhandedly.

I think the poster above me said that a Disney cruise in between though would kind of count as a full Disney stay. If you're just going from one resort to another it would be covered though. It just specifically mentioned that you can't combine two separate trips essentially with days you aren't at the resort splitting it up.
Thanks to both of you. I wish there was an official Disney post about this. It's hard to know what the rules and guidelines are for sure, without a link. We can all try to learn from other posters' experiences as the program rolls-out. Still, what might happen to one guest at one resort might not happen to another guest at another resort. Typical WDW (in)consistency.
POOHsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:27 AM   #8
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by POOHsie View Post
Thanks to both of you. I wish there was an official Disney post about this. It's hard to know what the rules and guidelines are for sure, without a link. We can all try to learn from other posters' experiences as the program rolls-out. Still, what might happen to one guest at one resort might not happen to another guest at another resort. Typical WDW (in)consistency.
This is the only link I could find that said stays needed to be consecutive... but it doesn't mention the Disney Cruise which was the original question. Technically it's still Disney, but my original inclination was that since it's still considered 2 separate reservations with time in between that it wouldn't count as consecutive.

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2013...lt-disney.html
Old 08-27-2013, 08:30 AM   #9
darrengs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Port Orleans fan View Post
If we're not able to use the mugs, no big deal. We plan on going to Walmart to do a little shopping after the cruise anyways. We'll just pick up a case or two of drinks when we are there.

Thanks for the response.
This is the way to go, you can buy alot of soda for the price of just one mug.

darrengs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 02:30 PM   #10
FireDancer
DIS Veteran

I'd ask at the resort. This is a new system and part of putting just about any system into production is tweaking it. What was true in testing or in early implementation may not be true any longer.

When you manage projects like the RFID mugs there are always use-cases that aren't thought of or prioritized in testing that come up in production.
FireDancer is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: